Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

NELSON OLIVEIRA

[quote user="Morgan"]Horses for courses. Why can''t anyone see that?

Jerome no doubt ran the defence ragged. Oli on when the time was right. He''s lazy, wants the ball at his feet all the time, doesn''t chase, barely harries. Great player but you have to choose the starting 11 according to the situation.[/quote]Genuinely embarrassing stuff from Morgan there.....

Jerome no doubt ran the defence ragged. Oli on when the time was right. He''s lazy, wants the ball at his feet all the time, doesn''t chase, barely harries. Great player but you have to choose the starting 11 according to the situation.[/quote]Alternative view - Oliveira starts - puts us 1-0 up - it''s still 1-0 with 25 minutes remaining and the opposition threatening to score - Jerome comes on to shore us up [Y]

We are lucky to have both Cam and Olly. We are lucky to have DF, who as head coach seems to know what hes doing, for sure more than any of us So lets leave it to him, im positive both guys will play big parts this season. Need  the transfer window to shut to, end of the month cannot come quickly enough,really need to keep what we have now.

Needs to issue an apology to the manager and his team mates asap. Great player but it''s a team game and he has made that all about himself. Disrespectful and bang out of order.

[quote user="JF"]Needs to issue an apology to the manager and his team mates asap. Great player but it''s a team game and he has made that all about himself. Disrespectful and bang out of order.[/quote]Agree.Good as he may be he needs to remember he''s not in charge. If I was DF I''d be pretty annoyed at went on and I hope this doesn''t cause a distraction to what otherwise has been a promising start to proceedings.

Jerome no doubt ran the defence ragged. Oli on when the time was right. He''s lazy, wants the ball at his feet all the time, doesn''t chase, barely harries. Great player but you have to choose the starting 11 according to the situation.[/quote]
Did you actually watch the game? Oliviera did nothing but chase players down, harry the defenders and won the ball several times tracking back. I don''t disagree with the sentiment about horses for courses, but if you''re going to criticise Oliviera''s style of play, at least try watching him first - he certainly isn''t a lazy player, that''s nonsense.

What a breath of fresh air Farke is.

His response to Oliveira''s antics are first class and what we have been missing for so many years, excellent man management.

Personally, id rather a striker ''send me a message'' like Oliveira did to Farke.

Would others rather Oliveira just throw his toys out the pram and sulk?

Oliveria ran his socks off yesterday, gave defenders no time on the ball, personally cant cant question his commitment or style. He did cross the line with Farke and getting in his face, hope Farke and Webber can resolve this without it developing into anything more.

Faroe has handled it perfectly. Nipped it in the bud early doors publicly and will no doubt be having a quiet word with him at Colney. And I suspect, encouraged by Farke, his team-mates will be targeting him with some "banter" about it on the training field. He''ll be wishing he hadn''t have done it come bed time tomorrow but without being alienated or disillusioned as he would likely have been if Farke gave him a lashing in front of the camera.

He shouldn''t have gone to those extreme celebrating measures (i.e ran to the boss).

He should have turned his back to the fans and pointed to his name, and let the fans do the work for him, from then on in. Scoring goals , and being brilliant on the pitch, would change any potential thought process, not a petulant action.

Farke has shown great leadership , with his comments, about Oliviera and game management (but I do agree with Jool''s comment), but I wouldn''t be surprised if there was a tete-a-tete, tomorrow .

Farke understands the emotions involved in the way Nelson reacted and would much prefer to see that than 11 players walking off the field with their tails between their legs and no points.

I''m sure he has the management skills, together with Webber, to deal with the situation sensibly. Having a man with Webbers experience in the top team is a great advantage when little things like this come along.

Manager has tight call over 2 good strikers

Makes tactical decision

First striker works hard

Second striker comes on and scores

Second striker makes point he should be first striker

Where has it gone wrong for the Manager?

Parma

Storm in a tea cup.

I more concerned about losing him. He''s mustard, and should be playing in the premier league without a shadow of doubt.

Every player has a price, but Nelson should be the exception for this season. We must keep him till next summer at which point he''ll leave if we''re still in the championship.

As Parma has pointed out, DF made his call and was sensible enough to change it when necessary.
To say Nelson would have scored is speculation, he would probably have been in a different position to Marley.
Nelson''s outburst should have been made in the dressing room.
But for goodness sake, it was the first game of the season, away to a top side who play a style of football that will push you back. To find fault with anything is a touch tedious.

The National papers have picked up on this today, mainly because of the absence of any other football "news"to report upon, but really this is nothing.

lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel) wrote the following post at 2017-08-06 7:37 PM:

Storm in a tea cup.

I more concerned about losing him. He''s mustard, and should be playing in the premier league without a shadow of doubt.

Every player has a price, but Nelson should be the exception for this season. We must keep him till next summer at which point he''ll leave if we''re still in the championship.

He has played in the Premier League - on loan at Swansea. He didn''t cut the mustard, scoring one from eleven starts I think it was.

https://twitter.com/CharlieWyett/status/894288428451467265

Charlie Wyett just wrote on Twitter regarding Oliveira

Farke agreed the sale to Reading and then did a late u-turn

I know he''s the football editor for the sun, but could there be any truth in this? Looking at nelsons celebration he obviously wasn''t happy about something, I hope this is down to not starting the match as Farke said, we need to keep Nelson at all cost imo I can''t think of a striker realistic that could replace him at this level

It''s a long season, and we''re going to need both Jerome & Olive. Olive is a massively better technical player than Jerome, and I still see him as our main striker.

We''ll score more goals if he starts games, but we''ve got to be patient about how Farke tactically approaches games. Needs Olive to get his head cooled a little as we are a team, and it''s not just about who starts, but can''t fault his passion and quality finish.

Agree with Parma - Farke judged it perfectly.

And by bring him on from the bench got that pressing effort that is not always there in his game - DF played him almost perfectly.

However there were some ludicrously selfish shots where a pass or cross would have been better placed. That''s where Nelsons immaturity (not passion, his reaction was one of a spoilt 5 year old) let him and his team mates down.

We have two strikers who are very good in this league, neither will start, or even deserve to start, every game. We only get promoted by playing as a squad over 46 games, not just down to any one player who thinks he may be bigger than the team - and who had less influence on the game than the sublime Wes.

A great point, deserved due to a TEAM effort, and one we must build on from Sunday.

The manager expressed his dissatisfaction with Nelsons behaviour during this afternoons press conference. Unwelcome distraction from the performance of the team and good performances from other players.

I just hope it doesn''t prompt Oliveira to start throwing his toys out of the pram in training like Howson did (according to Webber) & we end up selling him. There''s still 3 weeks left of the transfer window and if Oliveira''s agent starts touting him out (which he may have been doing already), we could lose a very useful player, who''s likely to score a lot of goals at this level this season. Sorry if that''s deemed pant wetting!

Hopefully they''ve discussed it and agreed that his reaction was OTT and that he''ll start plenty of games for us this season.

Suddenly it is easy to get the impression that Oliveira is some sort of precious Ming vase type player who needs to be carefully handled otherwise his fragile allegiance to the club might be shattered and he and his agent might manufacture a move away.

I would hope that this is far from the truth.

What is the case is that this is the first real test of Daniel Farke''s man management skills.

He seems to be handling the situation well enough but let''s hope that it''s all much ado about nothing in any case and that it fades into rapid obscurity once the start of the Premier League season grabs the headlines..

Sooner forgotten the better.

I like Nelson and think that it was a moment of passion/excitement which he probably regrets now.

n my opinion I thought it went a bit too far and thought it a bit disrespectful to Jerome/Daniel but thought Daniel handled it perfectly after the game when he defended him and today when he said he should love the badge on the front more than his name on the back.

Im sure a quiet word has been said and that it wont happen again, let him start tomorrow night and give Jerome a rest for Sunday

[quote user="jamie 10"]https://twitter.com/CharlieWyett/status/894288428451467265

I know he''s the football editor for the sun, but could there be any truth in this? Looking at nelsons celebration he obviously wasn''t happy about something, I hope this is down to not starting the match as Farke said, we need to keep Nelson at all cost imo I can''t think of a striker realistic that could replace him at this level[/quote]I heard something similar from a reliable source this weekend apparently the deal to Reading was pretty much done but Oliviera didn''t want to go - i have respect for Farke but sureley even he can see that Nelson is a vital player if we are seriously looking to challenge for top 6

[quote user="jamie 10"]https://twitter.com/CharlieWyett/status/894288428451467265

I know he''s the football editor for the sun, but could there be any truth in this? Looking at nelsons celebration he obviously wasn''t happy about something, I hope this is down to not starting the match as Farke said, we need to keep Nelson at all cost imo I can''t think of a striker realistic that could replace him at this level[/quote]

A bit worrying, if true. Why would Farke want to sell him? Could point to a personality clash. Lets hope not. We need to keep Olive happy, and a happy dressing room.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Webber said there was one disruptive person on tour - could it have been Oliveira?[/quote]Can''t believe Rob Butler didn''t ask him when they did the interview last week - big opportunity missed by so called Journalist