Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Pritchard

The good news for Norwich City is we do have cover in that area - rubbish for Alex Pritchard though.

Thing is now it only serves to showboat Maddison''s talents, which is bad for us if we want to keep hold of him in the long run.

Plus side means Pritchard will be around a while longer I''d think.

Peaks and troughs in all of it.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Out until ChristmasThat''s a major blow[/quote]''Tis disappointing news, but not a major blow -- Naismith will take priority in the attacking CMR role this season and of course Maddison will be there or there about - then of course there''s Stiepermann who is also comfortable in said position.

Bad for Pritchard and shame we won''t be able to see him play for a while,  but oddly it doesn''t feel as if it will spoil the season as we have real strength and flair in depth in that department.   It gives others opportunities and will give the midfield even more competitiveness once he is back fit in the second half of the season - it will be like having a new player coming in. 

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]Was it a bad tackle?

Can we take any action against Cambridge United as it was meant to be a friendly?[/quote]Actually, there wasn''t much to it, to be honest.The one on Klose was MUCH worse, yet sadly Pritchard has come the bigger cropper from the match.

Agree with LDC I just hope Pritchard has more natural fitness than Hooper or Mulumbu who''s Norwich careers were ultimately ruined by niggling injuries picked up in preseason.

Pritchard is a game changer, luckily we have a few of them in our locker. Early signs with Maddison couldn''t be any better.

Thanks to the cloggers of Cambridge United. Cross them from off the Christmas card list then Mr. Webber ... along with the choice of pre-season opponents in the future.

I rate him as our most valuable player.

Positives then:

He will be fit, up and running and raring to go for the second half of the season aka, the run-in, and a time when injuries start to hit the squad. Hopefully we will be in contention.

No desperate Premier League clubs are likely to come sniffing before the Summer now.

We have a wealth of riches in this department. Young Madisson will be given more opportunity, and he already has. Naismith will have a free run to stake the claim to the leadership that we have long been expecting and Wes can be still be used sparingly and to most effect.

P.S. Will anybody else miss doing the Mobot after today?

[quote user="Diane"]I thought they said 3 months which is Mid Nov or have I got that wrong?[/quote]In the press conference Farke said that he would be recovered from the injury by mid Nov but Pritchard has had a problem with the ankle before and they would take time time build up his rehab to try and prevent any more problems.I maybe paraphrasing Farke but that was the gist of what he said.

Anything before Christmas looks like it will be a bonus.

As LDC said, he will be like a new signing in January, but really sorry for him, he had really started to show how good he is towards the end of last season.

3 months but you know what these injuries are like. He''ll be training in 3 months and probs not used until mid December unless we get desperate