Sign in to follow this  
westcoastcanary

Getting seriously worried

...... about the increasing proliferation of situations. I never used to notice them during matches, but listen to any commentary nowadays and they are all over the pitch throughout the game. And for every situation that arises, a corresponding decrease occurs in one or other kind of familiar incident that used to punctuate games. It''s got to the point now where, for example, players never actually stray offside; instead they get involved in offside situations. Similarly, I can remember games where someone scored from a cross; nowadays they never seem to manage it; instead goals come following crossing situations. Even goals themselves have disappeared, replaced by goal situations and I simply can''t any longer keep up with the number of passing situations, card situations, injury situations, and the like. I''m sure I''ll be told this is all due to me being a plastic and isn''t an issue for real fans attending matches. But the evidence on here is to the contrary, because situations are identified in virtually every thread, not just on the field but off it too, like the worry that Oliveira might find himself in a Becchio, Lafferty situation. And for God''s sake don''t tell me that situations can be found across everywhere and get me started on "across" .........

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Good topic[/quote]

The only situation that matters at NCFC is the accession and coronation of the boy Tom.

By Order of Auntie Delia.

[quote user="Big Vince"]The only situation that matters at NCFC is the accession and coronation of the boy Tom.

By Order of Auntie Delia[/quote]Good see you recognise that Tom''s accession matters Vinnie. [Y]Also, good to see you accept Delia into your family. I always knew you''d come round one day. [:D][:D]Clap clap[:D][<:o)]

Never mind about situations, have you noticed how the words team and squad are no longer used as it is all about the group these days.