Sign in to follow this  

Just visited the ON THE BALL CITY FORUM messageboard. I was suprised to see how poor it was. The discussions and tone were awful. The pink un board is definitely where the intelligent discussion is. We might not always agree with each other but we can all rejoice in our victory over the binners. COOMMMEEEEE ON.

indeed, i think you will find though that different boards serve different purposes, it is well known that this one concentrates on football and has rather more lengthy discussions than others

however, it''s good that there is a choice, i have to admit i don''t go on many now, because i prefer this one, but each to their own!

i go on two other forums and in the past i have been on a couple of others and i have to say this board is my favourite because it has the most well written and intelligent post!

there are other boards which rightly as gazza says serves differnt purposes.. and peoples needs. but what arrogance to claim  that this one is where the intelligent discussion.  If that was the case then every supporter who wanted that sort of discussion would be on here..And clearly they are not.

I''ve spent most of my recent time on 606 to be honest, and I''m enjoying it over there - there''s a bit too much bickering, but its nice to interact with other fans and generally get to look at the wider picture, whilst also dispelling myths about certain clubs fans - I get on well with both Leeds and Wolves fan (!) and even the binners on there are a laugh, whilst the Leicester and Sheff Utd fans are generally arrogant and annoying... (The only major concern is that most of the Norwich fans on there tend to "stick to their own" and don''t come out to talk to everyone else much... except after Sunday, of course! woo!)

This board does have its merits, however the thing that tipped me over the edge was all the whinging that was going on! You couldn''t move for a Worthy Out thread, or someone stating that all the players were rubbish.  Fair douze it hasn''t been the best of starts, but there''s change in the air now, and I think the less reactive of us knew it would come...

A second-string team tonight beating the Cobblers 2-1, for a nice confidence boost all round to build on Sunday...

As you can tell I have been posting on the pink un for a long while now as I have long enjoyed the debate and banter, more particularly with people who disagree with my views and post a creadible argument against my views (thanks FTFW).  It meant I was basically a sole contributor here rather than other sites.

However the recent influx of the fans who resort to 1 line criticism has tempered my enjoyment but remains populated by more balanced views than most sites.  This recent in crowd has meant that i have spent more time looking at the options of posting elsewhere.

For example I have a direct affinity with the views of regular posters on carrowroad.net (well run site Gordo/Kenny Foggo) but find the lack of any debate or disagreement over apporaches to be too one dimensiional for me to post on there at all, although I am registered on there.

Sites like WOTB, the offy site or 606 for example are too juvenile for my likes to I frequently view but only very rarely post.

It is all about personal taste - I like a reasoned debate and that guides my choice of where to post.     

OTBC

I have posted elsewhere that forums are like pubs and that you go for the one that is the right size and has the right atmosphere for you.

Personally I like to see what is going on at all the sites from time to time as I like to go to different pubs.

Anyone who claims to know me would probably know me from the official site or carrowroad.net which I find have the best atmosphere for me.

I used to keep in touch with this one but after one lively discussion with Yankee have found things pretty quiet on here and a bit too straitlaced for my liking.

However the biggest problem to me is the moderator system which can mean it takes a looooooooong while to get a debate going.  Hence in the meantime I slip off to one of the other sites and never make it back

So although I do value the views of many of you on here, I''m afraid my posting count is very low.

I have to agree that this forum is the most balanced of all Norwich discussion sites. It was the first one I joined and have never really felt the need to go elsewhere because every view of the club seems to be evident here. I also find the use of the English language to be to a very high standard which obviously adds more weight to arguments than those written in text abbriviations but also easier to read. But like a couple of you said it suits the needs of those who post regularly where as those who use the message board on rivals.net probably wouldn''t find this site as accessable. Thats probably due to the fact that most of the people of rivals are actually Ipswich fans talking rubbish, coming out with the same old lines day after day. I have used other forums but they just didn''t offer the same sort of depth we get from the pink-un. As always the webteam do a great job of keeping it clean of rubbish (I expect). All in all a great little site

btw, i am not saying the people on this forum are more intelligent than other forums. All of the forums are different so you get different styles of posting. Plus, this is moderated.