Sign in to follow this  
dhickl

Ricky

An absolute classic from Ricky...

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ex-norwich-flop-ricky-van-wolfswinkel-misses-open-goal-three-yards

(Although the name of the link does give it away)

I love anything to do with Ricky and this made my day. Pure class from the purest place - almost as clinical as that Craven Cottage ghosty.

It''s ok though because he''s absolute quality and would have banged 20 goals in during our prem season if it wasn''t for Hughton and Snodgrass

''The 28-year-old has got off to a great start there, scoring four goals in his opening four matches. But he made a howler to miss out on a hat-trick against Grasshopper on Thursday night, having already netted a brace earlier in the game''

So its not all bad then. he has already scored twice, and has 4 in 4...

Exactly! Just leave the lad alone. Who gives a flying turd now anyway? He doesn''t play for us anymore.

He was on a hat-trick, poor lad, he must be gutted. It''s hard to see on the replay but it''s possible that the keeper got a touch which caught him out

Gregory (of Scotland Yard): "Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
Gregory: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
Holmes: "That was the curious incident."
Like the dog that didn''t bark in the night, what''s interesting about this thread is what the mockers didn''t comment on. 

4 in 4, yet all people can do is point at a sitter that he''s missed after already scoring twice earlier in the same game!Imagine if we did that with Jerome (or back when we had the likes of Jackson, Kamara or Grabban), he''d already have been sold to Fulham based on the slating he''d have got on here for some of his shocking misses...

Second-rate striker scores goals in second-rate league. That is a dog-bites-man non-story. It would only be a story if he scored goals in a first-rate league.

A thing to take from this is that RvW failed in elite leagues such as the Premier League with Norwich City, as well as La Liga and Ligue One, but has a decent record in tin pot leagues.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Second-rate striker scores goals in second-rate league. That is a dog-bites-man non-story. It would only be a story if he scored goals in a first-rate league.[/quote]

This. He''s found his level. Forget Hughton and Snodgrass, he simply wasn''t good enough for us. Well done for scoring in a poor league.

As always on this subject, thanks PurpleCanary (remember the amount of times we''ve said we wouldn''t comment on this?)

[quote user="hogesar"]As always on this subject, thanks PurpleCanary (remember the amount of times we''ve said we wouldn''t comment on this?)[/quote]We would stop if I*dy B*nes would stop!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="hogesar"]As always on this subject, thanks PurpleCanary (remember the amount of times we''ve said we wouldn''t comment on this?)[/quote]We would stop if I*dy B*nes would stop![/quote]I didn''t bring the bloody subject up Purple!, and in fact, I didn''t even comment until over half a dozen other posters had stuck their oar in (including one post calling me out), so don''t try blaming me for this one, thanks!!

That was me IB and I fully stand by it! I love your (Semi) accurate stuff about Hughton and Wolfswinkel. The failure that was our biggest ever hype signing is the stuff of Hollywood.