Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

How much are Villa paying John Terry ?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Has Til authorised this non NCFC conversation ?[/quote]Get it right FF on that other thread it was about Championship football and correct me if i am wrong but Villa and John terry are playing in the Championship. The irony of course following your lecture the other day about me adding to discussion is not lost on me as here you are off topic having a pop at a poster who until your stupid little effort at point scoring was not on this thread. All i can think is it is quiet on your favourite forum this afternoon,today this week or even this month ?

Used to think Villa was a decent club but then they signed Terry. However much they''re paying him is too much. Hope they disappear into oblivion.

I''m worried about Steve (Bruce.) He''s not looking after himself these days.

He looked like an over-sized beetroot on the telly and is indeed beginning to make Alan Brazil look like a dinky little thing nowadays.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I''m worried about Steve (Bruce.) He''s not looking after himself these days.

He looked like an over-sized beetroot on the telly and is indeed beginning to make Alan Brazil look like a dinky little thing nowadays.[/quote]Last week v Hull on the tellybox i thought he had lost a lot of weight and trimmed himself down and had a smart new haircut. He had lost that red wine face of his as well.

Looks like the combination of Premiership rejects and overpaying for lower-tier Championship players isn''t proving a success.Drinking the tears of the Villa fans after today''s defeat, apparently it could have be seven.

I think one of the problems with clubs like Villa, who cling onto PL status by theur fingernails year after year, is hwen they do go donw they take with them a whole rotting set up - and squad. Making it that much harder to rebuild and start again.Perhaps our failure last season was a blessing in disguise as we have certainly rebuild - but in string foundatins.There is not a monstrous debt overhanging the club. The youth system and youngsters coming tgrough is the best I have seen. The coaching squad,Webber etc are making the right noises and taking the club in the directin, i suspect, we all want.Not having that 3rd year of parachute payments has clealr focussed minds,Bruce... better days

"Here you are Broadstairs. Looks like he has lost a couple of his chins as well."

I would hope so for his sake, but on my 65" UHDTV, Ultra-High Definition 4K unit with Eco-Sensor for automatic adjustment of brightness and colour he looked a GP''s nightmare the last time I saw him. Perhaps it was an old clip.

Seriously, it surprises me just how much some of these sportsmen let themselves go when they retire considering they''ve had a working life of extreme fitness and have more to preserve than us mere mortals.

Of course age and genetics (in Bruce''s case?) take their toll but it does seem that there are more than the average number of ex-footballers who fall into this category. Cricketers seem to remain quite fit looking (even Beefy is not too bad these days .... big boned?)

Clearly Steve Bruce could do with losing a bit, along with Alan Brazil, Paul Merson and even Ally McCoist looked a bit of a porker the last time I saw him live. The list goes on.

We all should try and there is so much information about these days that there are fewer excuses for letting one''s self go. My very, very strict regime of no more than 500 units of alcohol per week keeps me in better shape than any of the above, for example.