Sign in to follow this  
Davo

Team for Sunderland

I thought the lads at times on Tuesday played some wonderful football. Ignoring the set pieces! I''m sure we will sort that out. I like Farke thus far!

What are your thoughts of the team V Sunderland - watching them last night V Bury, we should be ok....they didn''t look great!

My team - 3-4-2-1

Gunn

Martin Zim Franke

Pinto Reed Maddison Yanic

Hoolahan Naismith

Oli

I think Naismith is back, if not, I would bring Tetty in and move Maddison forward. I haven''t rated Josh in the last two games and think he needs to be benched.

I think it''s too early to start the new boys? I think Farke will play Husband though. Due to our current squad it''s hard to predict the team now!! Exciting times.

Thoughts?

We look a little suspect at the indeed, but sometimes the best form of defense is attack and I certainly think Hoolahan needs to start. Sunderland have some threats of course, but we have a lot of our own.

I''d go with;

Gunn

Pinto Martin Zim Franke Husband

Reed

Maddison Hoolahan Naismith

Jerome

Don''t want to upset the back 5 which are still gelling, and as long as Pinto is fit he needs to start to get up to speed. I doubt the new guys will be thrown in this quick, given Farke''s comments, but I guess Stiepermann would be the most likely to feature. I think Oli will be back, but on the bench given the recent events and being dropped for the cup game.

I cant see NO starting anywhere except on a strong bench.

3-5-1-1

Gunn

Martin Zimmerman Franke

Pinto Reed Husband

Maddison Wes

Watkins

Jerome

Subs

McGovern Wildschut, Godfrey Tettey, Vrancic, Murphy, Oliveira

I''m not sure Maddison and Wes will play together (Maddison to start, Wes on after 60/70 minutes). Wildschut to keep his place.Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]I''m not sure Maddison and Wes will play together (Maddison to start, Wes on after 60/70 minutes). Wildschut to keep his place.Apples[/quote]

I think Wes influences a game more when he starts (ok, he did it last week from the bench..), but Maddison has started the season really well and has earned his place in the starting line up. I can see him, Wes and Naismith creating lots of opportunities for Watkins, Jerome and Oliveira.

well it looks like naismith is likely to start - in place of watkins?

Well, apart from ''Alfie54'' you''re all getting the starting formation wrong -- It''s a home game so Farke is likely to start with his favoured 4-1-4-1:GunnPintoZimmermannFrankeHusbandReedWatkinsNaismithVrancicWildschutJerome

I think he''ll put the same team out that started at Craven Cottage, with possibly Oliveira for Jerome.

Nobody disgraced themselves. They all had their moments and it was a good team.

Wes and Pinto and Naismith etc. can/will come on if needed or appropriate.

We don''t want another tinkerman on our hands and it''s the use of the substitutes bench which is as important as the selection of the starting line-up nowadays.

Farke is proving to be adept with his substitutions and tactical changes.

Really not sure about about from what I''ve seen so far.....although still early days.

Obviously a Webber oportunistic free transfer signing but sureky not one that Farke would have chosen to work with.

clearly will drop behind Naismith and Hoolahan and eventually Pritchard, maybe useful out wide on occasion

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Really not sure about about from what I''ve seen so far.....although still early days.

Obviously a Webber oportunistic free transfer signing but sureky not one that Farke would have chosen to work with.

clearly will drop behind Naismith and Hoolahan and eventually Pritchard, maybe useful out wide on occasion[/quote]

*Watkins

With Naismith doing the press conference he must be a certainty to start, Ive got £1 on him to score first goal and 31 on us winning 3-1

Good luck Diane. I think he will start too. Think SN and Farke get on. Let''s hope SN live up to his transfer fee and start producing the goods.

I actually think he should start in front of Josh who''s not been too good in the last couple of matches.

Why, oh why, is everyone leaving Josh out?

His type of play suits Farke''s team set up to a tee.

All at once Wildschut is preferred by some.

He is still the better twin and his brother is now a £12M player.

Would we leave a £12M player out? (Even though many on this board wanted to, too often last season)

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]Why, oh why, is everyone leaving Josh out?

His type of play suits Farke''s team set up to a tee.

All at once Wildschut is preferred by some.

He is still the better twin and his brother is now a £12M player.

Would we leave a £12M player out? (Even though many on this board wanted to, too often last season)[/quote]

Yellow Val, I have watched the last couple of matches and Josh hasn''t played well at all. Irrespective how much he may be worth. Last season SN was left out because he was not performing! I see where you are coming from and if we had the same opinion on everything life would be boring! Time will tell.

I rate Josh but at present he''s not playing well IMO