Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Wolves after Nelson Oliveira

And the rest if Kodija, Assombalonga going for £15m

then that is the minimum. Realistically £20m alone he has so much potential and hitting peak

Firstly I''m a massive NO fan, and don''t want him or any of the remaining players (bar Jarvis and McGovern) to be sold. But £20m for a player who isn''t a certain starter here? Seriously?

Just dont see the club letting Nelson go tbh, would leave us with one striker and 2 weeks to find a replacement, it isnt going to happen

According to reports from their end, Wolves want him as a back up and not their main striker. Would he want to sit on their bench. Not likely.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Wolves to make a £20 mil double swoop for Jordan Rhodes and Norwich City Nelson Oliveira

#sunday people

Unless it''s £20 mil alone for Nelson they can sod off ![/quote]

Would anyone swap NO for Rhodes?? I would like us to gamble and bring in Rhodes. He would be worth a punt. Him and NO up top would be excellent

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Nelson going for the right price would enable us to bring in the striker that we currently need plus a replacement for Nelson.[/quote]We don''t need another striker.Watch how the game is being played. There are plenty of players who can score and have done - given that we are not playing the ball into the box for the striker to knock it in.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]According to reports from their end, Wolves want him as a back up and not their main striker. Would he want to sit on their bench. Not likely.[/quote]Crazy !!!  Obviously they are not clued up with recent events. 

[quote user="Maniacal Bill"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Nelson going for the right price would enable us to bring in the striker that we currently need plus a replacement for Nelson.[/quote]We don''t need another striker.Watch how the game is being played. There are plenty of players who can score and have done - given that we are not playing the ball into the box for the striker to knock it in.[/quote]That''s amazing considering how NO scored against Fulham.

oh dearlook at the other goals we have scored this summerand Oliveira''s goal did not come from playing the ''ball into the box''

[quote user="Maniacal Bill"]oh dearlook at the other goals we have scored this summerand Oliveira''s goal did not come from playing the ''ball into the box''[/quote]You didn''t see the goal then ......  for your info, Hoolahan played something like a twenty yard overhead pass of the ball into the box which Oliveira chested down and belted into the net.  

jeezyou really are that thickit was a ball played to Olivera who ran into the box - it was not played into the box per sewe are not playing the ball into the box for a forward to (hopefully) get onto itthe ball is played to whoever has lost his marker, with the idea of shooting straight awaythat you can''t see the difference comes as no surprise

[quote user="Maniacal Bill"]jeezyou really are that thickit was a ball played to Olivera who ran into the box - it was not played into the box per sewe are not playing the ball into the box for a forward to (hopefully) get onto itthe ball is played to whoever has lost his marker, with the idea of shooting straight awaythat you can''t see the difference comes as no surprise

[/quote]But there will be times when we need to revert to two up top and play more direct. Selling Olive would not make sense but I''m expecting it to happen (but probably not Wolves) and considerably less than £20m.

[quote user="Maniacal Bill"]jeezyou really are that thickit was a ball played to Olivera who ran into the box - it was not played into the box per sewe are not playing the ball into the box for a forward to (hopefully) get onto itthe ball is played to whoever has lost his marker, with the idea of shooting straight awaythat you can''t see the difference comes as no surprise

[/quote]Oliveira received the ball onto his chest in the box. Jeeeez.... ... and there are not many in our squad who would have scored that IMO, so we need to keep him.

Oh dear City1st, sometimes pride-or misplaced condescension-comes before a fall.

Marley Watkins had 3 chances in the Fulham game in the first half, all of them played to him when he was in the box.

Wriggle out of that one if you can.

Jeez, I know Farke and Webber are forging a modern system, with a different approach to what we''ve been used to, but I still reckon getting the ball into the box is going to be a pretty big part of how any team plays!

if we got a big bid for Nelson i would take it

i think ( my opinion ) he wants to move on he has never stayed at one club very long

Never has scored more than 15 in anyone season at that includes cup games of course that might change but going on past seasons

yes a very good player but are we seeing a different side to him ?? with the shirt showing to farke ?

was that passion or was that a unhappy player proving a point ?? i think passion but i have my doubts with some little whispers coming out of club

in my opinion he will be gone by end of transfer window

[quote user="norfolkngood"]if we got a big bid for Nelson i would take it

i think ( my opinion ) he wants to move on he has never stayed at one club very long

Never has scored more than 15 in anyone season at that includes cup games of course that might change but going on past seasons

yes a very good player but are we seeing a different side to him ?? with the shirt showing to farke ?

was that passion or was that a unhappy player proving a point ?? i think passion but i have my doubts with some little whispers coming out of club

in my opinion he will be gone by end of transfer window[/quote]Well, he is not in the starting eleven today.......

When you say he has never stayed at a club for very long-he was at Benfica from 2009 to 2016, and has been with us since 2016.

He has been on loan at a few clubs and by their nature he is not going to stay their that long.

You may be "in the know" but that is very poor!

Jordan Hugill from Preston looks a good replacement should Nelson be allowed to leave for £15-20m, price for him will also go up. Deserves a better manager than Neil.

He has been on loan at a few clubs and by their nature he is not going to stay their that long.

You may be "in the know" but that is very poor!

thats exactly what i mean by not long ok he was at benfica for 6 years and spent how long there exactly ? one season so he is used to not being in one club for long might have been signed by benfica but being on long every season is not exactly there is it