Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Groundhog Day...

Second goal came from a Dangerous two footed off the ground tackle from Franke, easily could have been a red , and not really necessary even to go to ground at that point , the resulting free kick was where the goal came from . From where I was sitting , block E, I thought Gunn could have done better , at least attempted to save .

Looks like the Swindon assistant manager agrees with me about zonal marking!

[quote user="Barclay seats 48 49 the 3rd"]Second goal came from a Dangerous two footed off the ground tackle from Franke, easily could have been a red , and not really necessary even to go to ground at that point , the resulting free kick was where the goal came from . From where I was sitting , block E, I thought Gunn could have done better , at least attempted to save .[/quote]Yeah you could see it coming. Franke knew he was out of position and if he let the player past him, he''d have been running unchallenged into the box. It''s one of those where you could see it coming, and it was a pretty reckless tackle, but I think the conditions made it look worse than it was. At the time I said it was a ''good'' yellow, worth the risk on balance, but if you can''t defend the set pieces then that''s a collective responsibility (and one for the manager/coaches). I have no issues with him making the foul in that situation (although as you say it was a bit OTT!), we just have got to work on defending those set pieces.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Just started raining. Russell Martin''s fault[/quote]

He does seem to be at the heart of most of the goals we are conceding

But don''t let facts get on the way of your opinion

The defence is as bad and we look worse going forward. The only improvement is the possession which is absolutely pointless when you take into account my first points.

[quote user="Clint"]The defence is as bad and we look worse going forward. The only improvement is the possession which is absolutely pointless when you take into account my first points.[/quote]

Couldnt of put it better myself Clint. Seriously fed up of the same ol rubbish, year in year out. I know its early days and all that but these players look like downgrades on what we had before and thats saying something.

Groundhog Day - Even down to the players pre match interviews and the "get behind the team" requests - followed by the inevitable inept no show from the Team.

Goodwill gone in a week.

Well done Webber!