Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Russell Martin... enough is enough is enough...

Apparently there''s a poll Hoola.

In polotics we have an election to find out if the polls are right. In football the manager picks his team....

I think Russ is good for the club, he wears his heart on his sleeve, he''s committed to Norwich and a good Championship player. I like him and think he''s good for our club esp now we have many new faces. He provides leadership and consistency which is what is needed at present.

I don''t know why there are so many negative posts about him. We have worst players. And I reiterate what someone else mentioned, 6 managers seem to rate him so he must have something and the coaching staff see what he gives our team!!

It''s amazing how this argument keeps coming up and goes on for so long.

As last few posters have pointed out, the last 6 managers have all put faith in Russell Martin. They see him train every day and play every week. They see how he interacts with the other players, his captain qualities and his commitment to the team.

All 6 can''t have picked him just because he is a nice guy. So even though he is capable of a few mistakes and has some weaknesses (which player doesn''t?). I cant really see how anyone can argue he hasn''t deserved to have been a regular player since his time at the club.

Of course, if we can bring in (or maybe now have) players who are better than him AND bring more to the overall performance of the team then they should be selected ahead of him. For now, I''m happy for Mr Farke to make that decision.

[quote user="Canary Utd II"]Same old faces 🤡[/quote]Obviously still having trouble pointing the ''same old faces'' in the direction of this latest poll i see.

The whole Russell Martin thing really is getting a bit boring now.

Let it go and get behind the lads😀

Nothing but praise for Russ. we got him from peterboro reserves for 50k ffs! He is a victim of his own success at times with us. Yes I agree we should have moved onto better, more talented players than him in the prem but big names came and went and Russ has outshine them all despite his limitations. He will be as important as ever this season and hopefully some of the load can be taken off him with the new German defenders. I think He will suit being part of a back 5wb defence.

He owes us nothing.

Am I one of the same old faces? The negative obsession with RM is quite creepy. He has been picked by 6 football managers and coaches, including the current one. The arrogant celebration of ignorance from a couple of posters is attention seeking nonsense.

[quote user="Van wink"]The whole Russell Martin thing really is getting a bit boring now.

Let it go and get behind the lads😀[/quote]
Well said Vanwink 

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Am I one of the same old faces? The negative obsession with RM is quite creepy. He has been picked by 6 football managers and coaches, including the current one. The arrogant celebration of ignorance from a couple of posters is attention seeking nonsense.[/quote]

Fantastic Bristol, love that phrase

"arrogant celebration of ignorance"

Did you craft it yourself, or did you copy from elsewhere.

I agree with the OP title but not the content. Not the greatest player but a good guy and decent player. We all have our views on players but no need to be obnoxious about players and the club and to think you know better than 6 managers.

My predication is he will go before the start of next season.

He''s been a good servant to the club but has been here too long and his advanced years are showing at times, even at this level (never like him playing CB anyway).

However, with so many new players coming in, new staff etc, Farke needs someone who knows the club and can get them all settled together as a team rather than 11 individual players, also someone who knows english football. Not just on the pitch but off the pitch, in training, even around the city.

Next season Farke will have built more of a team and more players will be ''at home'' with the set up so Russ won''t be needed as much and I think he''ll move on.

I''m going to trust Farke, Webber and the coaching staff on Martin...For the time being.

Russell is an international footballer.......and a Scottish one at that.......Leave our Russ alone!......

Anyone tried a deep fried Mars Bar?

The simple continuity to our defensive failings over the seasons is Russell Martin. He is not captain material and is not able to organise the defence. How any of you Martin lovers can argue this beggars belief, it''s time you woke up!

Canary Utd II wrote the following post at 13/08/2017 10:03 PM:

The simple continuity to our defensive failings over the seasons is Russell Martin. He is not captain material and is not able to organise the defence. How any of you Martin lovers can argue this beggars belief, it''s time you woke up!

Its time you jumped off a bridge you joke of a human being.

Sorry but I''m still in agreement that he''s had his day.

He caused 2 of the goals today, for the first he tried to be clever with a chest pass that was intercepted in a danger position of the pitch and from the resulting corner McGeady scored, for the third he had a great chance to clear the danger and gave it away again in the same position and from the resulting cross Grabban scored his second.

Yes all of a few seconds passed from the point of giving it away to it ending up in the back of the net but it was 2 needles giveaways and it cost us.

I also wish he''d pass the ball to feet and not just behind,''it kills any move and movement as the recipient has to wait for the ball rather than running on to it.

He is not our only problem by the way, we quickly need a strike that wants to run the channels, every time Husbands had the ball down the left he had no choice but to go backwards or sideways.

Sorry don''t have time to read your post properly Canary Utd as I''m in Spain enjoying the sun but just in case you wondered, I still think you''re a bin dipping scrote of an Ipswich fan.

Hope this gives you enough to rage over till I can be bothered to read this forum properly again.

we have leaked goals for a number of seasons now with RM in the back 4 many are correct many different managers have selected him and are far better than me

BUT we have changed everyone bar him and the problems are still are there ,

Maybe just maybe he is the problem i would like to see a Defence without him for 10 games to compare but that''s easy to say and hard to prove if he is the weak link

but letting in 3 goals against sunderland and making Grabben look good is not what we need

The evidence was there today, he gave the ball away, he was to blame for needlessly giving the ball away resulting in 2 of the goals and the ''leader'' on the pitch today was Naismith.

In any league of any standard of football, if you needlessly give the ba away you will get punished for it.

And no he wasn''t the only one, Frank''s gave a sloppy pass in the first half but then got himself out trouble and was probably lucky we didn''t concede from it, Martin didn''t and that''s the difference unfortunately.

Yup. I am pretty sure his first pass of the game went to a Sunderland player when under no pressure. Set the tone.