Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Russell Martin... enough is enough is enough...

Is it 
Daiter 
or
is it
Darter?
Otherwise our new coach could be a Faker.

[quote user="hogesar"]If anyone''s interested Spillane is trying his trade at Chelmsford I believe.[/quote]

Him and Crow got fired for signing all the Lowe youth up onto their "Road to Pro" or w.e system.

Totally screwed over Lowe town''s season as they were reliant on their youth,

Surprised he managed to get a contract anywhere!

Here you go Number9, enjoy:

https://youtu.be/o4MYOHC4xss?t=406

(Can someone make it a link please, I can''t be bothered to swap browser, thanks?)

Farke says nice things about Russ.

The context of the press conference is that Farke says nice things about everyone. His approach appears to be to speak nicely about everyone when facing the media, then deal with things behind closed doors.

We need to recognise his way of giving out information, he is quite subtle and totally different to what we''ve been used to.

The clip you''re highlighting is an​ interesting example.

We have lots of praise for playing with an injection and despite pain (something which many players regularly do)

But then Farke tells Russ and us that because of his age, he can''t expect to be selected for every game and will spend longer ''recreating'' than playing.

I suspect that many recognised the praise for his efforts but didn''t pick up on Farke''s veiw of how Russ is likely to be used this season.

Sorry, but there was absolutely no need for Farke to comment in the way he did, and I''ve not seen him say anything similar at such length about other players who played at Fulham.

To talk about the pain-killing injection is one thing, but then to say how well he played, how great a guy he is, and how important to the squad he is is not "subtle".

Yes, I''m sure he will get used less as he gets older, as you would expect, a la Wes. I''m not sure how that contradicts any of the above.

[quote user="Ian"]Sorry, but there was absolutely no need for Farke to comment in the way he did, and I''ve not seen him say anything similar at such length about other players who played at Fulham.

To talk about the pain-killing injection is one thing, but then to say how well he played, how great a guy he is, and how important to the squad he is is not "subtle".

Yes, I''m sure he will get used less as he gets older, as you would expect, a la Wes. I''m not sure how that contradicts any of the above.[/quote]
[Y]

I think some fans need to accept and get used to the fact that Russell Martin is respected around the club by the coaching staff and his teammates and he''s not going anywhere.

10 years from now, Russ will have seen us back into the PL, will have managed both the u18''s and u23''s and will have had at least 3 years as head coach of the first team.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I think some fans need to accept and get used to the fact that Russell Martin is respected around the club by the coaching staff and his teammates and he''s not going anywhere.[/quote]
He''s also respected by a lot of our fans who appreciate how much he''s given the club on & off the pirch in the last 8 years

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I think some fans need to accept and get used to the fact that Russell Martin is respected around the club by the coaching staff and his teammates and he''s not going anywhere.[/quote]
He''s also respected by a lot of our fans who appreciate how much he''s given the club on & off the pirch in the last 8 years
[/quote]
[Y][Y]

Have you not seen the latest polls? A majority of fans have also lost the confidence in him to manage and perform in our defence. The club are not a charity, you will not find me ever doubting his loyalty to the club, but he is one of the highest earners and performances do not reflect his wages.

@ Canary Utd IIHave you not seen the latest polls? A majority of fans have also lost

the confidence in him to manage and perform in our defence. The club are

not a charity, you will not find me ever doubting his loyalty to the

club, but he is one of the highest earners and performances do not

reflect his wages
.What do you base that on ? have you got details of individuals wages? please share.

[quote user="Canary Utd II"]Have you not seen the latest polls? A majority of fans have also lost the confidence in him to manage and perform in our defence. The club are not a charity, you will not find me ever doubting his loyalty to the club, but he is one of the highest earners and performances do not reflect his wages.[/quote]

Anything a ''majority of City fans'' are in favour of, is usually found to be wrong...Lafferty, Becchio, Drazen Muzinic etc etc

Add to that you can bet your bottom dollar that this latest poll ( whatever/wherever it is ) has been subscribed to by a load of people who do not go to games.

Said it before, and I''ll say it again, it''s the same old faces, believe it or not the support of our club extends well beyond the comments of the few people that post on this site.

It does canary Utd and it''d be good if you had any inkling to the general consensus which I can tell you is generally positive about RM, certainly in the lower barclay.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I think some fans need to accept and get used to the fact that Russell Martin is respected around the club by the coaching staff and his teammates and he''s not going anywhere.[/quote]

Any team mate who does not respect him (I.e Johnny Howson after captaincy debacle last year have to leave football club) probably same going to happen to Pinto this season.

If anyone thinks the own goal at Fulham was unlucky, hard luck etc etc you know very little about football and have never played at any decent level. If it was unlucky, hard luck etc etc we would see a own goal of that ilk in every football ever match.

His feet/body were not facing right direction for the front post position he had taken up.

It didn''t get much better after the first sentence to be honest Herman.

[quote user="Canary Utd II"]Said it before, and I''ll say it again, it''s the same old faces, believe it or not the support of our club extends well beyond the comments of the few people that post on this site.[/quote]Or of course the few people who vote in a poll and by the way what poll and where is still something you could enlighten us about.

It''s quite tragic how Russell Martin''s presence in the team seems to eat some up so much, to the extent that they have to trash him constantly. In the balance of fairness, you would have to blame Wildschut for letting his man for the Fulham goal, the midfield for letting him get through and his fellow defenders too. Still, errors by others are ignored if you have a pathological hate of a scapegoat I guess.