Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Russell Martin... enough is enough is enough...

Great post Parma. And your posts hold slightly more weight than others too, so perhaps some should take note..

At his age, 32 in January, he won''t get another contract with us.

Chances are that he will miss more games than he plays over the remainder of his contract period.

He''s been with us seven years and seen good times and not so good.

It would be a shame if he was a recipient of personal insult during the end of his City career.

I don''t think that he is a very good defender or Captain at this point in time but I respect his history with us and wouldn''t aim abuse at him.

Nor would I abuse those who can''t countenance any critic of his play.

Perhaps we should look forward rather than cling on to the past?

[quote user="Number9"]At his age, 32 in January, he won''t get another contract with us.

Chances are that he will miss more games than he plays over the remainder of his contract period.

He''s been with us seven years and seen good times and not so good.

It would be a shame if he was a recipient of personal insult during the end of his City career.

I don''t think that he is a very good defender or Captain at this point in time but I respect his history with us and wouldn''t aim abuse at him.

Nor would I abuse those who can''t countenance any critic of his play.

Perhaps we should look forward rather than cling on to the past?[/quote]
He''s been the recipient of it since he signed from Peterborough in 2010. It started because he wasn''t deemed good enough to lace Spillane''s boots. And it has carried on with subtle changes to suit since then. I''ve seen this many times over the years. It is never really about ability. In fact most times it''s a mystery. But strangely players adept to hiding on the football pitch rarely seem to suffer the same fate.

Surely no one could disagree he''s one of our best value signings of all time?

"Ian"Surely no one could disagree he''s one of our best value signings of all time?/

Very true Ian!

Russell Martins like the Doc a few years ago, in that hes everyones favourite scapegoat and to blame for everything! - I think some Norwich fans have made Russell Martin a leading suspect in the Kennedy assassination in 1963 even though Martin was only born in 1986!

Yesterday at Fulham, immediately after their goal a guy a couple of row in front of me turned to a mate of his and said "that''s why Martins crap", refusing to acknowledge the truth that Martin couldn''t do nothing about the richochet and that in fact Wildershut was at fault!

In reality Martins been a wonderful servant of the club, owes the club nothing and still remains one of the most consistent players in the team. Hes not a world beater but his value to Norwich is huge!

I''ll go as far as to say I hope Russell Martin doesn''t feature much this season cause there are better options. This will mean we will be in for a good season if a player as competent as Martin can''t get in the team then the others will be playing very good!

It looks as if we have plenty of good options for defence for this season and if he is still picked ahead of any of them, then frankly, those that insist on keeping up a tirade of scapegoating, should really ask themselves why they are carrying on with it. It helps no-one, it doesn''t help Martin, it doesn''t help the team, it doesn''t help the squad, it doesn''t help the club.....so it doesn''t help you.  I''ll tell you - there is no point in it.  Quite happy to see criticism of him, as with any player, but the constant negative barrage about him is about as welcome as an Ipswich shirt in the Lower Barclay.  Get behind the guy.  If picked, he is picked on merit...........and by yet another manager.  

[quote user="hogesar"]Great post Parma. And your posts hold slightly more weight than others too, so perhaps some should take note..[/quote]Would they be and i quote '' the unbearable kn*bs on the pink un that are out in force '' that that received a txt from somebody about that you posted on certain other forum hoggy ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="hogesar"]Great post Parma. And your posts hold slightly more weight than others too, so perhaps some should take note..[/quote]Would they be and i quote '' the unbearable kn*bs on the pink un that are out in force '' that that received a txt from somebody about that you posted on certain other forum hoggy ? [/quote]
They would be indeed Til! Why do you ask? [:)]

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]That other forum is tragic though, morty has no one to argue with 😂[/quote]
It does have it''s positives though. For example a lack of Ipswich fans posting on here slating our captain.

Just because someone has a different opinion doesn''t make them a binner does it?

I''m not a fan, do I think he''s repaid the feet that we paid for him, yes I do, do I think he''s been a good servant to the club, do I think he''s a good guy to have around to work with young players when he finishes playing, yes I do.

Do I think he should be in the starting 11, no I don''t (when everyone is fit) and do I think he did enough to warrant another 2/3 years based on how he performed in the last couple of seasons, no I don''t.

Do I think he uses the pointy finger to much, hell yeah 😄

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Just because someone has a different opinion doesn''t make them a binner does it?  [/quote]
Not if they''ve raised in the same way you have Rich T. We''ve debated the subject more than once in the past I think. 
However, surely anyone can see a poster who only really posts on here to criticise RM and does so again the minute he concedes an own goal which is of little fault of his own is simply just trolling or at the least a pretty poor NCFC fan.

For that my friend I agree and indeed we have debated it before.

Could Martin have done anything about the deflection, no; could he have closed the space quicker, yes he could.

If he''s guilty of anything at the moment in terms of his general it''s that he maybe stands off to far, there was a chance later in the game they almost scored due to him standing off to far.

For the record I have met RM, it was a pleasure to meet him and hear about his life growing up and it explains why he''s a model pro and looks after himself, he''s worked hard to be where he is.

[quote user="Crappinitup"][quote user="SPEWfromtheJarrold"]HOGARSE still think his opinion is the only worthwhile opinion on the board and anybody that disagrees is a moron.[/quote]Nothing clever or funny about changing someones moniker........[/quote]Well said!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="hogesar"]Great post Parma. And your posts hold slightly more weight than others too, so perhaps some should take note..[/quote]Would they be and i quote '' the unbearable kn*bs on the pink un that are out in force '' that that received a txt from somebody about that you posted on certain other forum hoggy ? [/quote]
They would be indeed Til! Why do you ask? [:)]
[/quote]Just makes me wonder why a few posters who post on here virtually every day and get involved in thread after thread then pop over to another forum and do not have say good word to say about the Pink un. Why bother if it is such a hot bed of unbearable kn*bs ?

No need HHS i have made my point and have better things to do this evening as i am off out.

In pressy today Farke says Martin played through the pain barrier at Fulham after several injections. Will likely be rested tomorrow night.

The guy is a hero, sort yourselves out!

So why do you go on the other forum then Til ? It''s clearly not to contribute to sensible discussion is it ? Hypocrite

What are we on now, Russell Martin''s 5th or 6th manager? And they''ve all picked him. So either he has some dodgy photos of Delia, or professional coaches actually rate him.

Til, I never said I didn''t like the pinkun and as I''m sure you can tell from just this thread, I was correct when I said there were some kn*bs on here. That doesn''t mean everyone is. I get along fine with 99% of the people on this board and have huge respect for the Nuttys, Parmas...even yourself!

But as you can tell, I could do without the likes of viewfromthejarrold (which I guess is a misnomer as the probability he''s ever stepped foot in Carrow Road is unlikely)

Oh and inbetween all the inane nonsense, I''ve agreed with all your posts so far HHS.

Strange things happening on this thread-some of Canary United''s posts have disappeared, like the one saying that the messageboard is full of 11 years old because it''s the school holidays, then the one saying that Hogesar is a middle aged unemployed saddo and the one accusing Broadstairs of being a bully. And Alexncfc''s one about Hog too.

Very strange.