Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Russell Martin... enough is enough is enough...

Sorry DCB-mentioned this about Husband on another thread-he was vulnerable as you say-but that was because most of the time Fulham were attacking down the right he had 2 people to cover as nobody was helping him-not surprising he struggled. He had a much better second half and got forward well several times too.

Martin clearly not fully fit and played to give us three at the back. Very unlucky and blameless for the og. Another example of what he gives to the club.

However I did think that the performances of Zimmerman and Franke showed his limitations. Once klose is back he can allow Franke to move across to his preferred right foot and motm Zimmerman central.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Sorry DCB-mentioned this about Husband on another thread-he was vulnerable as you say-but that was because most of the time Fulham were attacking down the right he had 2 people to cover as nobody was helping him-not surprising he struggled. He had a much better second half and got forward well several times too.[/quote]^^This^^

simmo_2 wrote the following post at 06/08/2017 8:33 AM:

Great post, only the fans who want NCFC to be a league 1 club will argue against this message.

You and canary utd are both complete wastes of human resources and are disgraces to all and everything to do with NCFC.

The majority rules and your opinions of Russell Martin are irrelevant.

We were defensively weak yesterday especially the first half

A bit like last season and the link to last season Russell Martin

When we were getting battered first half we needed a big voice to organise the defence as usual he was as quiet as a mouse

Russell Martin was injured and on crutches on Thursday !!!.

But because he was needed due to injuries , he had an painkilling injection before the game and managed to play the whole 90 mins!!!.

Now that''s commitment to the team that if half of his team mates had last year we would be back in the premier league.

It''s a squad game and I doubt that Russ will be a regular starter this season, but when called upon he will give his all, just as he did yesterday. To blame him for the own goal is frankly embarrassing. Im more concerned about the formation than any individual players ( although Husbands display was concerning ) that formation left our wing backs totally exposed with no protection and Fulham ripped us a new one down the flanks. That said we won''t face teams of Fulhams quality very often and for all their possession, they only had an own goal to show for it. Everyone would have taken a point before the match and had we have taken one of those early chances we may have taken all 3. First game for the new team and it''s all positives as far as I can see.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Greavsy"]Nice to see the season started again and everyone feeling the love!!!![/quote]
The match was only 30 minutes in before this thread was started.... [:)]
[/quote]That''s the main point. The OP has a pathological hatred of Martin so as soon as he saw that Martin had scored an OG ,he got a massive boner, then started hammering away on his keyboard, without knowing the extenuating circumstances.

[quote user="JF"]It''s a squad game and I doubt that Russ will be a regular starter this season, but when called upon he will give his all, just as he did yesterday. To blame him for the own goal is frankly embarrassing. Im more concerned about the formation than any individual players ( although Husbands display was concerning ) that formation left our wing backs totally exposed with no protection and Fulham ripped us a new one down the flanks. That said we won''t face teams of Fulhams quality very often and for all their possession, they only had an own goal to show for it. Everyone would have taken a point before the match and had we have taken one of those early chances we may have taken all 3. First game for the new team and it''s all positives as far as I can see.[/quote]

[Y]Another major point that should be reiterated is that the coach saw what was happening, got proactive, and changed the defensive shape, reasonably early, which hopefully is a positive sign of things to come.

"Another major point that should be reiterated is that the coach saw what was happening, got proactive, and changed the defensive shape, reasonably early, which hopefully is a positive sign of things to come."

Absolutely 👍

"In reality, the sad truth is that you are in your mid forties, living at home with your parents in the same bedroom you grew up in.............."

I won''t submit the rest.

What a vile posting which has no place on this respected message board. It surely says more about the person who posted it than the object of his abuse.

As for the Russell Martin debate, surely it''s been done to death. It''s a yawn if ever there was one.

I was at the game yesterday and Russ put in a competent and resolute performance as usual.

The fact is Martin is now a back-up player in two positions. The fact that injuries meant that he was needed for the opening game of the season and that he played his part in a very decent away performance against a very strong home attack illustrated just how lucky we are to still have him available when needed.

Ah you can tell the season is back under way. :D

Name calling and sniping, players getting scape goated. Facts being ignored and opinions thrown around like the latest Tory manifesto.

Two blokes throwing personal insults based around age / virginity / life style choice / binner ousting etc etc

Feels good to have a point on the board and the Championship rolling again, no?

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]But harsh on hoggy he moved out of his parents bedroom at the start of last season so he told me 😂😂😂😂😁😁😁😁😁

Sorry but I needed to set the record straight[/quote]

He''d definitely moved into his ivory tower by the Blackburn game so I think you are right.

Damn Canary Utd, you almost got me down to a tee.

Apart from my age, my living arrangements and anything else you said. Technically youre correct about my employment though. I''m not ''employed''

Enough is enough

Yesterday in the first halfwe played 3 at the back with YW & JH wing backs. After about 30 mins they discussion we were having was that although RM was going out to the right to assist Yannic (who was sublime going forward but struggling defensively), the left side CB Franke was not going out to assist Husband, leaving him exposed 2 on1. However nowhere is it mention oh Franke was giving them too much room..no it''s everyone''s favourite scapegoat who gets the stick. This is not a criticism of Franke, it was his debut & I''ve no doubt he will be more comfortable on the right in time.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Enough is enough

Yesterday in the first halfwe played 3 at the back with YW & JH wing backs. After about 30 mins they discussion we were having was that although RM was going out to the right to assist Yannic (who was sublime going forward but struggling defensively), the left side CB Franke was not going out to assist Husband, leaving him exposed 2 on1. However nowhere is it mention oh Franke was giving them too much room..no it''s everyone''s favourite scapegoat who gets the stick. This is not a criticism of Franke, it was his debut & I''ve no doubt he will be more comfortable on the right in time.[/quote]Spot on Tiger. Husband was very isolated, Ayite and Aluko were both very quick and skilful. Martin, however, was moving out to support Wildschut a bit more - although that did mean Martin got skinned by Aluko (I think?) two or three times. Clearly wasn''t 100% fit, but gave his all. Once the system gets up to speed and we have Pinto back at RWB and Martin fully fit (and then Klose a few weeks after that), the outside of the three CBs should give enough support to the WBs so mismatches like the first half yesterday don''t happen so often.

@Year of the tiger  @Feedthewolf
[Y] Exactly right, and the reason for the later reversion to a back 4. All part of the bedding down process for Farke and the squad. It''s weird the way so many people continue to think in terms of a team being eleven individuals each intrinsically "good", "hopeless" or somewhere in between. Players are cogs in a machine and the teeth have to interlock correctly for the machine to perform. First half yesterday Husband was too often left free-wheeling against Fredericks and Aluko.
Also interesting that Windschut is lauded for having a fantastic game while nobody has concluded that Sessegnon was shown to be hopeless. Yet when Fredericks puts in a comparable performance against Husband, it is the latter who gets the flak, not the former who gets the plaudits. 

I do wonder about the homework our coaches put in on Fulham though. Everyone knows they attack with pace down the flanks - the only way to counteract that with 3 at the back is if you play two fast wingbacks, and yet we didn''t.

Husband isn''t quick, so to leave him exposed against pace was pretty poor coaching.

Too early to criticise anyone yet, but our coaches need to work out this division quickly - every team is dangerous and has someone with pace, yet our defensive unit is still pretty slow.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/sep/09/would-you-get-into-grammar-school-take-our-11-plus-exam

I wonder...

I think the EDP report got it spot on right, players like Franke and Vrancic were taken aback by the pace and gusto of Fulhams attacks, DF   eventually seeing the problems and  changing the formation, which helped everyone  in the team get better as the match wore on, the exposed Husband a good example, a nitemare opening 30 mins but better later on. The fact is, with a big pile of injuries, some guys making their English debut''s, and facing arguably the Championships most ferocious attacking side, it was a superb result, could have even won it, decent penalty appeal not given, couple of "should have been" goals missed etc.As for Russ Martin, for goodness sake guys, after all these seasons we know his weaknesses, but also his strengths, and considering he stepped in  far from perfectly match fit, played the whole 90 mins and did ok. Guy bleeds yellow and green, and he played his part in a team that got a point at Fulham! Thats more than enough for me on the opening day of the season, expected less. Well done Russ and the guys, OTBC.

I swear half of the moaners never listen to the manager half of the time. In reality this was our first competitive match with 7 new players in the side, playing a different system and now one of the youngest squads in the Championship. And some people are getting on the backs of our players when we played Fulham who we all knew are a good side and will be right up there at the end of the season. Yet we still managed to come away with a draw, despite not being given a penalty and conceding an unfortunate own goal!

Personally, I thought it was a fantastic result considering and we played some really good stuff at times, as did Fulham. Farke is learning about his players and vice versa and considering the circumstances I think we should all be feeling rather positive instead of finding things to moan about because the way I see it, the positives out weigh the negatives for sure. However I''m sure I''ll be called a ''happy clapper'' by some on here.

[quote user="Essjayess"]I think the EDP report got it spot on right, players like Franke and Vrancic were taken aback by the pace and gusto of Fulhams attacks, DF   eventually seeing the problems and  changing the formation, which helped everyone  in the team get better as the match wore on, the exposed Husband a good example, a nitemare opening 30 mins but better later on. The fact is, with a big pile of injuries, some guys making their English debut''s, and facing arguably the Championships most ferocious attacking side, it was a superb result, could have even won it, decent penalty appeal not given, couple of "should have been" goals missed etc.As for Russ Martin, for goodness sake guys, after all these seasons we know his weaknesses, but also his strengths, and considering he stepped in  far from perfectly match fit, played the whole 90 mins and did ok. Guy bleeds yellow and green, and he played his part in a team that got a point at Fulham! Thats more than enough for me on the opening day of the season, expected less. Well done Russ and the guys, OTBC.[/quote]Not surprised he''s not fit if he''s got multi-coloured blood. Sounds like a nasty combination of jaundice and some rare tropical plant disease...[:O]

Stuart Webber stated that Russell Martin amortises some of the requirements and overt statements that British coaches would provide continuity and gnarled grounding at the club.

Russell Martin is thus selected as a continuity first team- to academy- to ongoing culture establishment of the developing philosophy.

As was the case with multiple Norwich and International Managers previously, Russell Martin has been valued and respected by another senior football figure. This time Webber.

Might they all see something that isn''t so visible to others? Might they know better?

Parma