Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Russell Martin... enough is enough is enough...

I''m not a big fan of Martin as a centre back, but to blame him for that would be ludicrous.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Forget the personal feelings of a lot of fans, I''m not a fan but not because of scoring an own goal, more down to his leadership qualities.

Farke is the boss, Martin is supposed to be the boss on the pitch and this is where I have my issues with him, he doesn''t lead when we are under pressure!

Hey Coney''s boots,who is this Hisband player? Never heard of him.

Pfft, he has some clangers and some moments of glory but no need for this on day one.

Solid deflection poor luck and no chance of getting out of the way, no way his fault.

Leave off him.

Not lot he could do with the own goal. However i have never seen a defender stand off so much. At one point was about 3m away from the fulham striker and allowed him a completely free shot which he nearly curled in.

A good point nevertheless at last we have a manager who knows how to defend. Martin will play his part this is a squad game and the more the defence play together the better they should get

Farke''ing hell it''s all kicked off on day one. What the Farke is going on.

Defence by and large coped OK. ...gunn didn''t have a lot to do. Just sticking a couple of bigood Germans whow know how to block and clear it make a difference

It may have been the difference in us gettinow into the playoffs last season

Completely necessary when someone has some weird personal vendetta against a player at our own club. Presuming he''s a Norwich fan, of course.

And it''s nice to see alexncfc pop up every now and again for his two pennies worth when he fancies it, or when he thinks there''s an opportunity for some internet moral highground.

There were big gaps in the defence and all of them were his side. Not blaming him for the own goal and his captaincy is generally ok in terms of instructing others etc but his general defending just isn''t the standard we need.

ALL of the gaps down his side? You definitely were watching a different game to me.

The reasons why teams fail is often down to quite subtle nuances of individual performances that aren''t always obvious to (often prejudiced) fans. I suspect he may have been guilty of standing off players too much, but he wasn''t alone in that. I think the speed of their attack, particularly first half, was difficult for us to cope with generally.

Also he linked up well with Wildschut - & probably should have had a penalty given in his favour.

It takes allsorts to make a world. But there''s some rummun bassetts out there who can only find this to post about..

Tend to agree with OP re RM. Definitely a weak link today which has been the case for a number of seasons. Husband not much better criticise when he has been poor for 3 or 4 seasons a la Russ, the contract extension was just ridiculous. Unfortunately RB a problem position Pinto not the greatest defender either but does have pace.

[quote user="Greavsy"]Nice to see the season started again and everyone feeling the love!!!![/quote]
The match was only 30 minutes in before this thread was started.... [:)]

Anyone at the match could tell you that 30 mins was all it took to see that the fullbacks were struggling. Husband more than Russ, to be fair, but both looked vulnerable and hapless every time the Fulham wingers ran at them.

My overall summary of the game wasn''t a need for a scapegoat but just an honest opinion that we desperately need another LB and on form Pinto or another RB- because the rest was looking tasty

Just reiterating your point Greavsy about how soon it all started!

Forgive me if I''m wrong but Martin wasn''t even playing wing back first half was he? Thought he was part of 3 CBs with Yanic and Husband as wing backs. And I thought Wildshut done very well although got caught out defensively a few times, which is no different to Pinto in all fairness.