Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

The bottom line is

you cannot afford to leave your best striker and your best creative player sitting on the bench until the game is already lost.Furthermore, you cannot afford top leave your best RB on the bench for the entire game.If he wasn''t fit, then he shouldn''t have been on the bench.If he was fit then he shoulda started.As much as I would love a Cup run, you should not play your best players in a mid week cup game against League 2 opposition if they are then not capable of starting a Championship game 5 days later.Whether you are a 4th tier manager in Germany, a 2nd tier manager in England, it can only go down as a very bad decision.

I agree. As soon as I heard the selection I was not encouraged. If we are going to play this style we need creativity in the middle and at least some pace out wide, particularly as Husband is not a quick, attacking full back. We looked markedly better once Wes, Murphy and Oliveira came on and there is no way that Watkins or Naismith should be starting ahead of any of those three.

No man is bigger than the club. But that should not mean you leave your best player on the bench to prove a point.

The fact is in both League games we have only looked like getting back into the game when Oliveira and Hoolahan have come onto the pitch, and we have switched to a back 4.

I hope Farke isn''t too stubborn to make these changes from the start, but I fear he may stick with the 3 at the back to try and prove it works, his comments after the game suggested he was happy how we dominated play

Another one who will fall off the managerial merry go round quite quickly. This whole German revolution was a bad idea from the start. Webber is just trying to recreate what happened at Huddersfield but we are a very different club. He will eventually have to admit he''s made a mistake with his 3rd rate German coach and players.

Oliveira has been treated shabbily. Wouldn''t be surprised if he is at Wolves before our game vs QPR Wednesday. And we will have lost our biggest asset. No doubt he will be replaced by some lower league German clogger at a fraction of the price.

[quote user="Making Plans"]you cannot afford to leave your best striker and your best creative player sitting on the bench until the game is already lost.Furthermore, you cannot afford top leave your best RB on the bench for the entire game.If he wasn''t fit, then he shouldn''t have been on the bench.If he was fit then he shoulda started.As much as I would love a Cup run, you should not play your best players in a mid week cup game against League 2 opposition if they are then not capable of starting a Championship game 5 days later.Whether you are a 4th tier manager in Germany, a 2nd tier manager in England, it can only go down as a very bad decision.

[/quote][Y] It was the totally wrong formation and player selection that proved fatal today -- Disappointing, because I''ve been the first on here urging our club to take a fresh direction and look to Foreign/German coaching and playing staff -- I''ve previously harped on about the intelligence and technical superiority of the German game which is why I''m utterly aghast at Farke''s decision making ahead and during the Sunderland tie -- One doesn''t go with a  3-5-2 when there''s only have two ''proper'' centre-backs in the squad -- One doesn''t field a 3-5-2 with 1 DM --  One doesn''t omit your best striker when one fields 2 up front -- And why the f*ck is Husband, a left-back or a left-wing-back fielded in a 3-5-2 formation that doesn''t require a left-back or a left-wing-back?I''m going to remain confident enough in Farke to realise we don''t have the quality to field 3 at the back minus a centre-back, wing-backs and 2 CM''s, but if he does insist on said formation against QPR, please go with the correct personnel.

Interesting - astonishing, even - how many seem to have decided on, and written off, several players (and the new system) already -this after everyone urging patience.

I think the better point would have been to play Oliveira and tell him if he doesn''t play the game of his life he is dropped next game. put the onus on him.