Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Stewards after a goal scored near the tunnel.

Now Diane, you may mock the old boys in the main/city stand. But the hooligan element in there once took the club to the brink of ground closure.

I ain''t mocking anyone Nutty, I''m just having a laugh with the others, the first time my Dad took me I sat in the main stand. He had a st in there all his life, not sure if he threw cushions on the pitch though or whether they had stewards in those days

I doubt if many of the cushion throwers are alive now. They werent soft fluffy cushions. They were square pastic ones. Like square frisbies. And they didn''t just chuck them on the pitch, they slung ''em at Geoffrey Watling too. But it was so bad one game, Charlton I seem to remember, that the FA threatened us with ground closure. Disgraceful behaviour...

My grandad was a QPR director in the 50s and was once ejected from a ground-don''t know which one-for throwing monkey nuts onto the pitch in disgust!

Van wink wrote the following post at 09/08/2017 7:31 PM:

I like the fact they wear suites Greavsy, classy and should be replicated by all stewards around the ground, together with Blues Brothers dark glasses.

I think you''ve sussed them VW, as noticed for one of the goals (wasn''t watching the stewards for all of them) that one of this magnificent pairing had the usual orange high Vis jacket on Saturday.

Maybe one of jake/Elwood have gone solo!!