Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Stewards after a goal scored near the tunnel.

For last nights match I sat in the city stand for a change.

Does anyone know why when a goal scored, two (suited) stewards appear from near the tunnel, stand between the benches, looking back up towards the directors box?

They return to their usual position once play resumes.

I thank you in advance equally for the sensible and comical replies!

Maybe by facing away from the pitch they were trying to start a Poznan style goal celebration?

In seriousness though I would assume it is just to make sure no-one encroaches onto the pitch from that area

[quote user="AJ"]Maybe by facing away from the pitch they were trying to start a Poznan style goal celebration?

In seriousness though I would assume it is just to make sure no-one encroaches onto the pitch from that area[/quote]They were there to prevent Oliveira running down the tunnel and showing Farke his name tag in his jacket that his mum had sewn in.

Isn''t that what the Stewards do Greavsy, when we score, they turn towards the crowd, checking for bad behaviour? Perhaps these guys had a tip off that Delia had had a few.

Must admit Delia looked a bit excited when I entered the Transgender Toilets unzipping my flies or fly''s

I get stewards preventing the crowd encroaching the pitch, particularly in front of away fans, and for high profile matches etc

My point with these stewards, (of the suited, not hi Vis variety) is no one can encroach there, as its between the benches, infront of the tunnel, plus none of the other stewards spring into position last night when a goal was scored.

Delia and MWJ would have to leap the directors barrier to get there, which even after a few sherries would be tricky!

I think there was concern that rifraf had infiltrated the lounges taking advantage of all areas being the same price. If you count the pennies the pounds look after themselves...

I like the fact they wear suites Greavsy, classy and should be replicated by all stewards around the ground, together with Blues Brothers dark glasses.

Liking the sound of that vw. You could he onto something there!

I accept there could be unrest towards either bench, busy standing where these do, wouldn''t stop anything. They are between the benches, looking up to the directors box with the tunnel in front an pitch behind.

Next time there is a goal look for them and see how pointless it is, that''s all.

Nutty nigel wrote the following post at 09/08/2017 6:04 PM:

I think there was concern that rifraf had infiltrated the lounges

I do hope you''re not suggesting I''m part of your so called ''riff raff'' NN?

[quote user="Greavsy"]Nutty nigel wrote the following post at 09/08/2017 6:04 PM:

I think there was concern that rifraf had infiltrated the lounges

I do hope you''re not suggesting I''m part of your so called ''riff raff'' NN?[/quote]
You''re not posh enough to get into the main stand lounge Greavsy [:D]

Not suggesting anything Greavsy. When it''s a tenner all areas loads of wannabes turn up in areas which are normally above their station. Where do you normally sit?

Ok....

Did you make a special effort with your wardrobe preparations? Or just turn up in your usual river end tat?

That is the reason stewards were brought in from the areas the poor people frequent. The club know who brought tickets where. The normal stewards in the posh areas would have no experience of the rifraf element. What is off topic about that?

Whatever you say NN, another thread you''re attempting to develop rail and blame some one else.

Not bothered, so I''ll leave you it. Enjoy.

The hook was baited and the line was cast for another poster who would have taken this in good part. The fact that you got all pathetic and precious about it was an unexpected but welcome bonus Greavsy.

All there for all to see, however you wish to spin it,NN

Glad you enjoyed from a different vantage point vw. Any stewards nearby over that side?

Well its not all there because we still dont know if you made any special wardrobe efforts or turned up looking like a river end oik.

Greavsy wrote the following post at 09/08/2017 9:32 PM:

All there for all to see, however you wish to spin it,NN

Glad you enjoyed from a different vantage point vw. Any stewards nearby over that side?

No Jake or Elwood near me, but there was a man in a jacket.

Back on topic, it always makes me smile when we score and the stewards turn round so quickly as if they are expecting an invasion. Not sure why they do it at the tunnel though Greavsy as the City Stand fans like Tilly wouldn''t move quick enough to get on the pitch ha ha

A pitch invasion lead by the old boys who sit near the tunnel would be a sight to behold.

They would have to start in the first half, if not the match would be over before they all arrived!!!!