Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Missing Pritchard

I''m sure everyone remembers how last season started: very well. And we all know how that ended up come the end of the season that matters.

We may need another defender or two, the ones we have may improve, only time (more than a game) will tell.

One thing I am pretty sure of in my mind is Pritchard would have been a nailed on starter if fit and he would not have fluffed all the chances that have been fluffed in his absence. Therefore, as well as focus sing on our defensive concentration we must also look at the solution to Pritchard''s absence until Christmas.

For me? Murphy in just behind the front man. Thoughts?

Yes we''ve lost Pritchard for a while, but we have Maddison/Naismith/Watkins/Wes/Murphy/Marco Stiepermann and even at a push Vrancic who can play there. We are not short of options.

The biggest disappointment for me so far is not playing Wes. I appreciate we want Maddison to play and do well, but we need Wes on the pitch.

Our biggest problem is defense though - it''s all good and well moaning about attack but it''s no good scoring 2 if you concede 3