Having signed Zimmerman and Franke whilst already having Martin, Klose and Godfrey at the club, I think it is unlikely we''ll be out to sign Dean

i think the inability of any of the CBs to deal with any aerial ball coming towards them, whether from open play, direct from keeper, a winger or a set piece ( a staple attacking option of most champs teams) would suggest a further CB option is needed.

The only one who isnt available is Klose, who will help, but the panic created suggests that neither zimmerman or martin will be robust enough unless we are attacked only on the floor.

Finding one who can play the ball as we prefer may be a challenge tho

I mentioned Dean when the season ended as a guy who''d be a decent buy, but it''s rather doubtful we''ll be buying now; far more likely a loan. I''m not sure if that Arsenal guy is now off the table - even with their injuries he wasn''t in their squad at the weekend.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I mentioned Dean when the season ended as a guy who''d be a decent buy, but it''s rather doubtful we''ll be buying now; far more likely a loan. I''m not sure if that Arsenal guy is now off the table - even with their injuries he wasn''t in their squad at the weekend.[/quote]

I believe saw Webber mention that the issue with signing young cbs on loan from the premier league is that their parent clubs want guaranteed first team football for them.

That''s true - it was more re: the Chelsea lad, but no doubt would be applicable to any loan. That said, we''ve had loans in the past where they didn''t play all the time so I guess it depends.

Perhaps had we signed an experienced keeper who is prepared to come out for crosses might have helped.

Far from convinced regarding Gunn

Get raggett in asap. He is exactly the type of CB we need to join our defence. He will head everything away that comes in the air. Plus an added bonus, he will be the first threat in the opposing box since Michael Nelson from set pieces! God wouldn''t we just love a 25 yr old Malky Mackay!

Dean would be excellent - highly experienced guy and Brentford captain so might finally bring some leadership to our backline.