Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Every cloud

The lads a star, always looks that tad better when Wes comes on, those two have formed a real partnership, would love to see both start against QPR. Reed looks a class midfielder in this league.

We would have won 4-3 had Wes started instead of Naismith.

My worry with Maddison, is if the team as a whole don''t improve he will be off. That would be a disappointment all round, but couldn''t blame him.

@GreavsyI think Maddison see''s the bigger picture, so he is glad to be getting a run in the side and is looking to improve all the time so here for a while yet, barring an abscene bid from somewhere.Him and Wes can play together as we saw the other night, also playing deeper he can really get more of the ball and influence the shape of the game, delighted to see him in the side.

I like Maddison playing deeper, he''s got a good game for this role. Think Wes gives him an excellent outlet and allows him to push forward. I''m pretty sure if we start Wes, Maddison and Oliviera on Wednesday we will bag a few goals.

I agree that I think Maddison seems mature enough to realise he can learn a lot from playing regularly at this level and Wes is one of the greatest in that role at this level. He won''t be off this season, but if he plays well and we don''t get promoted then obviously there will be interest in him but he has to prove he''s worth the potential first.

We didnt miss Howson. Im sure we might do in some games but not that one, wouldnt have made a jot of difference. Seems he hasnt gone down great thus far with Boro fans either.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Thought Maddison and Reed looked very good yesterday. Didn''t really miss Howson in there.[/quote]

We didn''t miss Howson... that''s quite funny.

We clearly miss him. The midfield is like sieve when attacked.[/quote]I saw Reed winning headers and sprinting back several times yesterday, little things I don''t recall Howson doing. Perhaps the cameras didn''t pick it up.....