Sign in to follow this  
Captain Obvious

Highlights on Canaries World?

its now monday evening practically, and the highlights aren''t on there yet! how long does it take to cut up some highlights and upload them to thier site?

i''ve just got back to uni so i can see it on tv (bbc gloucestershire wont care about the norwich game)...
they should upload al the highlights that night...its so annoying!!

Totally agree with you, we pay a premium to get the service (and there the 1st ones to complain about free links etc!) so it should be on there! I think though they have an agreement with sky or the footy league about delaying the footage so that local news can show the highlights first (don''t quote me on that though!)

I believe they have to wait at last 24 hours before makeing the highlights available. Doesn''t explain why they are still not there 29 hours later though. Guess we''ll have to wait until the morning...

[quote]I believe they have to wait at last 24 hours before makeing the highlights available. Doesn''t explain why they are still not there 29 hours later though. Guess we''ll have to wait until the morning...[/quote]

It''s now over 48 hours and they''re still not there.

Wos gorn on ?

Have to say I have been very impressed with Canaries World this week.  I''d never had it before (stealing the radio link from elsewhere so thought I''d better be honest this year).  The radio commentary was good.  The post match reaction was excellent too I thought (even though they did do interviews next to a lawn mower!) Decent amount of footage which showed all major chances, reasonable length and pretty good picture quality.

I know a lot of people have been fed up with canaries world in the past but I think for just over 3 quid a month getting full length interviews, radio commentary of the games and highlights of the whole league, it aint too bad

**Exclaimer** If the radio commentary doesn''t work tonight I have the right to make the above null and void**

[quote]Have to say I have been very impressed with Canaries World this week. I''d never had it before (stealing the radio link from elsewhere so thought I''d better be honest this year). The radio commenta...[/quote]

Give it time DDIM, your enthusiasm won''t last long. I''ve been on it for 2 years and it''s not been brilliant.

Some of so called interviews have been on there for yonks and there haven''t been any updates in this section since December last year.

The commentaries can be spasmodic to say the least.

Still having said that, their inability to get things right has worked for me - I got it "free for 12 months" with NTL broadband and they haven''t cut me off yet so it''s costing me nothing - hope they don''t read this.

[quote]Have to say I have been very impressed with Canaries World this week. I''d never had it before (stealing the radio link from elsewhere so thought I''d better be honest this year). The radio commenta...[/quote]

I hope you''re listening tonight DDIM. The reception is rubbish - it sounds like that chicken bloke, Norman Collier I think his name was - him with a dodgy microphone.  Still you''ll get used to it in time.