Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

I am not buying into this Farke hype

Of course Norfolk but it''s a little more than just a new manager as we''ve changed the entire footballing structure, coaches, style of play, fitness, training regimes.....not to mention most of the starting eleven!

Not that you can really defend conceding 3 goals at home. Cannot achieve anything doing that more than once or twice in a season.

To be fair I''m not sure we know much more after today than we did before. We''ve had huge upheaval and it''s going to take a good while to bed in. It might not work or it could come good. Certainly today was poor but that can''t be a surprise considering the changes. Far too early to say.

Didn''t Wagner have Huddsfield in the bottom half for his first season? Patience is going to be needed.

But I thought all our experts on here said Sunderland were in deep shite, selling all their best players and relegation candidates, surely even with all our changes we should have given them a good spanking? What happened?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]well FCC i dont think its that bad yet just that

i think you are right in some people think it was webber and some wagner i am on the wagner side at the moment

2 games gone and we are not ready as a squad in tactics and style which is annoying when sunderland have had less time with their manager but his words have sunk in ok[/quote]Wagner joined Huddersfield as head coach in November 2015. They finished the 2015-16 season in 19th place so any idea that he brought immediate success would be way off the mark. It is no good people paying lip service to the need for patience and then grumbling when we don''t immediately play everybody off the park. 

I think Farke and his whole set up is an excellent way forward, but to get the best in anything is to invest in it........I''m sure if Farke had A Neil''s budget we''d walk this league. Shame it''s a year too late.

One bad game does not create a crisis. This was a very very bad display today but Fulham was good. It will take time for all of these players to gel if indeed they are going to. We need a couple of good displays and results to get the morale up or else it is going to be a long and negative season

[quote user="Indy"]Farke me, Nutty will still find a positive about this, after all it''s those positive precise who believed we were certain for top six and the binners would be relegated, not to mention Sunderland are in all sorts of dire straits! Yep they certainly were right to be so positive!

Just a hick up, we''ll be alright once all those players bed in and Naismith and Jarvis are both match fit![/quote]
You worked that all out from the golf course Bindy? 

On the attack again? You''re such a bore, if it wasn''t for Rays Funds you''ve got nothing have you?

All you do is derail and troll. 💤💤💤💤💤

Stick to the thread old timer.

Waiting to hear the positives? I mean you and your cohorts were so sure Sunderland were in such a state they''d get buried.....what''s happened?

With the degradation of the playing squad it will be quite a spectatcular managerial achievement to avoid relegation this season. Unless, the defence is fixed league one is exactly where we''re heading. What price Warnock now?

[quote user="Indy"]On the attack again? You''re such a bore, if it wasn''t for Rays Funds you''ve got nothing have you?

All you do is derail and troll. 💤💤💤💤💤

Stick to the thread old timer.[/quote]
It looks like you were the one trolling. Why go fishing for me? I was at the game not on the golf course.
That Ken Ozzane is a rum''un looking gink I''ll give you that...

Funny that, I was there too.

Still waiting in that photo or video clip to disprove that photo Nuts! Have you found it?

Not fishing just waiting on what went wrong as you were so positive that Sunderland were in such a state they would be in a relegation battle! What happened today, did you enjoy Grabban showing how to finish?

Shame our owners don''t support our club financially, but at least they join the rest of our fans at the pub after the game......

[quote user="Indy"]Funny that, I was there too.

Still waiting in that photo or video clip to disprove that photo Nuts! Have you found it?

Not fishing just waiting on what went wrong as you were so positive that Sunderland were in such a state they would be in a relegation battle! What happened today, did you enjoy Grabban showing how to finish?

Shame our owners don''t support our club financially, but at least they join the rest of our fans at the pub after the game......[/quote]
Was I? Where?
Bindy the troll your mask is slipping...

Bad result but I thought we played some good football, still cannot see what Naismith is brings to the team, Need Wes and Olivera to start Wed. Thought Wildschut is a massive improvement on last season. Centre backs still a massive problem

Top 6 finish

Calm down Birdseye ( Waveney) its only the 2nd game, we''ve made a lot of changes and it will take time.

If there''s no improvement after next 6 games then come back and moan

Indy, you called out Nutty and then Nutty got the better of you. I''d keep quiet if I were you.

I''m not searching through loads of threads to find the Sunderland discussion, but pretty much remember saying they''d be contenders only to have the normal cohorts giving it large about their debt, players and the state, lot of the posters gave it out on that thread, I was wondering what Nutty and his positive disciples thought of that club 130 million I debt, no decent players and sure fire relegation candidates think now?

Call out or not who gives a shite.......still waiting to hear the positives of today''s game, given we''ve just been beaten by a club in crisis!

[quote user="Indy"]I''m not searching through loads of threads to find the Sunderland discussion, but pretty much remember saying they''d be contenders only to have the normal cohorts giving it large about their debt, players and the state, lot of the posters gave it out on that thread, I was wondering what Nutty and his positive disciples thought of that club 130 million I debt, no decent players and sure fire relegation candidates think now?

Call out or not who gives a shite.......still waiting to hear the positives of today''s game, given we''ve just been beaten by a club in crisis![/quote]
You''re making stuff up Bindy. You can''t trawl and find something that isn''t there.

I would say this result doesn''t determine either clubs seasons and only someone interested in taking a cheap shot at the club he supposedly supports would use it to try and do so.

I don''t think we needed to upheaval and the rebuild we''ve seen. We were not a million miles away from being a goodbye side last season and scored freely, just needed to improve the defence. Instead we''ve gone for a complete rebuild and arguably have started cost cutting too early.

That said I do think Farke is a good coach and given time the style he is trying to establish will work. What may undermine it however is the scandalous attempt to rebuild the defence in a shoestring. We all knew that was the area that needed attention and to bring in and rely on lower league cheap Germans is not acceptable in my book. Sort it out Webber and spend some money on the central defence before it''s too late.

Aside from that I thought It was a funny game today. We strayed quite well and Sunderland basically were not that good and scored all their goals out of nowhere. Apart from the goals o agree we had a decent degree of control of the game but I was not happy when j saw the selection and the game saw my fears realised. There is no way that Watkins (utter cr*p today) and Naismith (awful again) should be starting ahead of Wes and Murphy and we all know Nelson should start ahead of Cam most games. It''s no coincidence that we really started to stretch their defence a looked dangerous after those three were on the pitch.

Bad day at the office for Farke today but not the end of the world and if it hastens some spending on the defence then may end up being a blessing in disguise.

[quote user="Indy"]I''m not searching through loads of threads to find the Sunderland discussion, but pretty much remember saying they''d be contenders only to have the normal cohorts giving it large about their debt, players and the state, lot of the posters gave it out on that thread, I was wondering what Nutty and his positive disciples thought of that club 130 million I debt, no decent players and sure fire relegation candidates think now?

Call out or not who gives a shite.......still waiting to hear the positives of today''s game, given we''ve just been beaten by a club in crisis![/quote]

They were never going to be as bad as some make out under Grayson who is a solid, stable option. That said today I really don''t think they were particularly impressive in any department and had we performed I think we could have beaten them comfortably.

the reason for wholesale changes was not just to under performing last year it was also down to the fact we had to raise some money for short fall in income also to lower wages

the people calling for us to sign more experienced players etc with what exactly ? they want higher wages which is what we are trying to cut down also bigger transfer fees we do not have money for

we are shopping in the German lower leagues due to our Head coach having a vast knowledge of players we can afford / attract and are in the wage limit

the days of us spending millions on players is over until we go up again

Hence the frustration of many that our board won''t move over and let others take over - they are holding us back. L1 spending in champ will lead to where/ do you think?

I thought we were the better team, they were more clinical but we played some really nice stuff at times. I don''t get the negativity, early days and Naismith and Watkins apart we have a good outfield unit. Defence obviously needs work but I think it is the system more than individual abilities which is the issue. Its only 2 games into the biggest overhaul we have ever had.