Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

I am not buying into this Farke hype

This is embarrassing.

This is Raymond de Waard, Fernando Derveld era mk.2

I like the man''s attitude but it is what happens on the pitch that counts and I had hoped we would be a much more solid unit.

If we had a marginally better defence last season we would have been in the play-offs easily. At the moment we are still leaking goals but are looking less effective going forwards.

This continental style defence and zonal marking isn''t working, sides are exploiting it and our defenders aren''t marking and aren''t getting to balls - especially headers - first.

Farke me, Nutty will still find a positive about this, after all it''s those positive precise who believed we were certain for top six and the binners would be relegated, not to mention Sunderland are in all sorts of dire straits! Yep they certainly were right to be so positive!

Just a hick up, we''ll be alright once all those players bed in and Naismith and Jarvis are both match fit!

Well done boys. You get it. It being that a new coach, squad etc should all gel by the second game. Sunderland are a league two side at best. The club is a disgrace.

We knew the rebuild would be a risk, we knew the budget/commitment  to spend wasn''t there. It should not be a shock that cheap untested replacements have no performed.

Always worried Webber was the massive gamble - no track record or loyalty. He wants us to play tippy tapy Barcelona football after buying third rate players.

Defence remains pathetic. Our new players weren''t cheap because they were playing in Germany, it''s because they aren''t very good. Farke isn''t Wagner either.

This was the Colchester moment. Webber spent last season criticising everyone - well the bright new dawn didn''t last a week.

With ifollow now available the ''did you go to the game'' argument has lost its weight. Believe it or not, we seem the same pitch and 22 players on the field that you do, ya eejit!

SeattleCanary wrote the following post at 13/08/2017 11:11 PM:

With ifollow now available the ''did you go to the game'' argument has lost its weight. Believe it or not, we seem the same pitch and 22 players on the field that you do, ya eejit!

He can hardly see f all with that one eye shut all the time!

Nah screw this I said I didn''t like Farke well before any of you I was first!!

Me

Meeee!!!

What ithought was terrible thing today was the fact some fans booing at the end, get a grip!!!. Thought it would be typical so called norwich fans waiting for a bad result, so they can have a pop!! Get behind the team Don slag them off at the first attempt, we are all in this together..... Or you could p1ss off and support Ipswich.

i said on another thread about Huddersfield was the success down to Wagner or Webber

Huddersfield looked good yesterday and have carried on where their left off and look comfortable under tactics Wagner plays thats not all down to webber

one game but they have 3 pts long season i know but have they got the Man who was the Drive behind the football team ??

As for this new team new manager new style yes quite true but sunderland had a new manager as others have and they seemed to know the job !

we had pre season to install the tactics the team style so anything else is a excuse we should have been ready for the first game of the season when it begins i hope it gets better with time and i am sure Farke will come good but webber you still have alot to prove

I dunno if you guys know this but farke actually sounds a bit like a common obscenity

I''ll leave the rest to you guys 👌*DING*

Sadly I think Webber believes Huddersfields success was down to him and not Wagner. The problem is I don''t see how we can extricate ourselves from the massive mess he has created.

well FCC i dont think its that bad yet just that

i think you are right in some people think it was webber and some wagner i am on the wagner side at the moment

2 games gone and we are not ready as a squad in tactics and style which is annoying when sunderland have had less time with their manager but his words have sunk in ok

Not sure what some were expecting but think a little patience is required .

Saying that we cannot afford to concede 3 goals in any match in this league. That would be the primary concern.

i was expecting them to have been coached and the new tactic style drilled into them by now Hog to be honest people say takes time but we all know really that some New managers can get that done quickly others take a bit longer