Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Norwich wrong Way

It all comes down to the ethos, philosophy, culture at the club.

Has anyone noticed that since the boy Neil moved to Preston they haven''t conceded a league goal? Yet when he was at Norwich conceding goals was the norm. So it must have something to do with cultural differences between clubs.

When the boy Farke was at Dortmund he was conceding less than a goal per game on average. Now he is at Norwich that has leapt to two goals per game: Played 3, conceded 6.

So where does this culture, ethos, philosophy come from? The boy Webber said the club had to have a certain identity and sticking six foot two inch full backs on the back stick was not what Norwich want to do. They want to go for a minimalist defensive approach with three at the back but plenty of players going forward in the hope that you will always be able to outscore the opposition. Is this ethos appropriate or effective in any league, let alone the Championship? How many sides win the league or get promoted having scored say 100, but conceded 99? Would Messrs Hansen and Lawrenson agree that you build a successful side from the front, not the back? I think not.

Norwich''s minimalist defensive approach gets taken to further extreme by investing in another contract for a tried and trusted failure; and recruiting cheap German imports who are only used to getting £4,000 - £5,000 per week in the Bundesliga 2.

But is the boy Webber ultimately responsible for all this? Well, of course not. When he was interviewed for the job he was obviously told by the owners what kind of football they wanted to see. He has taken that on board in accepting the role and passed that philosophy on to the boy Farke and so what you are getting on the pitch is what has been instructed by Delia, Wynnie and Ballsup.

We already know from experience in the late 1990s that cheap European imports do not work.

We already know from experience that in the Championship you have to earn the right to play; you cannot expect to succeed with free flowing football unless you have those kind of players at the back who are really quite nasty pieces of work. But can you imagine Delia going for a nasty piece of work, be it a player or a manager or sporting director? It is just not going to happen.

Which all brings me back to the ethos, culture and philosophy at the club. The kind that Delia & Wynnie want just does not work. Professional football is cut throat. Only McNasty knew what it was all about and the longer it goes since McNasty the further we fall down the league ladder.

How on earth have the boy Michael and the girl Delia manged to get this club promoted from the Champs on three occasions.

Preston as a town is a shithole with a Manager who is clueless in AN

Yanic Wildschut is a 100% better player since the new Manager arrived

He could be out ticket to TP if the strikers can capitalise on his crosses

[quote user="nutty nigel"]How on earth have the boy Michael and the girl Delia manged to get this club promoted from the Champs on three occasions.[/quote]

Well, two of those were via McNasty weren''t they?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Didn''t the boy Michael and the girl Delia appoint mcnasty then?[/quote]

Only after the boy Hodgson recommended him.

Delia & Wynnie don''t have any ideas of their own, silly.

when Neil first arrived at us, we were barely conversing at all. sadly I think he lost the dressing room, particularly bassong who when he was motivated was the answer to all our defensive problems.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Didn''t the boy Michael and the girl Delia appoint mcnasty then?[/quote]

Delia & Wynnie don''t have any ideas of their own, silly.[/quote]Didn''t the boy Michael and the girl Delia ask Hodgson for recommendations?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Didn''t the boy Michael and the girl Delia appoint mcnasty then?[/quote]

Delia & Wynnie don''t have any ideas of their own, silly.[/quote]Didn''t the boy Michael and the girl Delia ask Hodgson for recommendations?

[/quote]

Yes, they probably did and I thank you for making my point for me because it does not say a lot for their competency as owners if they are always having to go asking others for advice, especially as they shouldn''t need it after 20 years owning a professional football club. They ought to know what to do themselves.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Didn''t the boy Michael and the girl Delia appoint mcnasty then?[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, they probably did and I thank you for making my point for me because it does not say a lot for their competency as owners if they are always having to go asking others for advice, especially as they shouldn''t need it after 20 years owning a professional football club. They ought to know what to do themselves.[/quote]Vince, I didn''t make your point. You don''t have a point just a prejudice.