Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Marley Watkins

He looked totally out of his depth today, the positive is he could become the latest scapegoat thereby easing the load on Naismith and Martin.

How he stayed on the pitch is beyond me. He wasn''t much better at Fulham either.

The harder he tried the worse he played, honestly cannot remember him keeping the ball second half. No question of his commitment but looked out of his depth.

So far not at Championship. Can''t start next game.

Based on todays awful perdormance none should start the next game.

The team is never better than last performance and that is frigthening.

So far this is project has Raymond de Waard/Fernando Deeveld/Julien Brellier era written all over it.

Tragic defending. It is a crisis based on todays showing. Strange that Alex Tettey is not good enough for this abysmal defending unit

I didn''t think there were that many Ipswich fans in general let alone just on our forum...

He wasn''t great today that''s for sure. Each sub I wondered if it would be him but as someone said to me later he''s versatile. He''s already looking like a fixture for Farke so I''m pretty sure there''s more to come. 
Over half the team joined in the summer. We have to give them more than one game''s grace.

Marley Watkins is a winger and should be fielded thus. He should''ve been fielded RW today with Oliveira alongside Jerome in the striking role.Football is not rocket science, which is why I''m still astounded at Farke''s decisions today.Bring on QPR -- Farke IS going to make this better [Y]

As a forward brought in when we already had Naismith and two strikers I wasn''t expecting him to get a look in, but he''s been given his chance and all the new ones need that otherwise we will all just moan they don''t get game time.

Jerome and Oliviera would have been a better option than Watkins and Oliviera in the later stages of the game in my view but hey i will leave it to Farke to decide.

So we haven''t played 2 league and one cup game which I believe makes THREE, and to quote Nutty we have to give THEM more than one games grace!

But then when the apologists have an agenda it doesn''t matter what others think does it?

I agree Tilly, oliviera for Watkins would have been my choice, especially when chasing the game.

Whilst we improved after the changes, particularly Wes, the changes were just like for like.

I was going to say I''d like to go 2 up font at home, but guess we are with Watkins.

Early days though, needs time and support.

Just a late cameo appearance last night but he looked a different player to Sunday when he couldn''t do much right........still why should I give the guy a chance to make me change a first impression!

[quote user="Red Rufus"]Just a late cameo appearance last night but he looked a different player to Sunday when he couldn''t do much right........still why should I give the guy a chance to make me change a first impression![/quote]

We looked better when he came on last night - attacks seemed more focused.