Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Broadstairs's tactical underclass

Please play Oliveira from the start.

Hoolahan, for home games at least, should start along with Maddy ..... I''ll have to therefore think about Tettey alongside Reed to protect and expand.

Russell is back-up. Pinto is back fit.

If it''s the three centre backs tactic then wait until Klose is fit or sign Leistner asap. We have a couple of German players newly signed should we see them tonight?

Finally, from my highly acclaimed tactical insight, I''m beginning to think that this ''sweet-shop'' choice of mid-fielders is as much a hindrance as an asset. I thought this with AN and that it contributed to his tinkerman approach and now DF seems to be lacking consistents in this area (Vrancic in/out already.)

Whilst it''s fine to have an array of useful subs on the bench to deal with things I have always preferred a settled starting eleven wherever possible (with perhaps slight home/away variants.)

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Thinks: If any team offers a couple of million for Naisy then bite their hands off. I was one of those expecting a final revelation this season but so far it was same old. Perhaps it''s too soon to judge but my tactical insight would bench him tonight.

Final tactical input: Up and at them from the start City. Hit those fancy-dan Londoners with an old style Carrow Road onslaught. We need the points .. Pride of Anglia and all that.

Phew! I need a lie down. Tic-Tacs are for sugar freaks after all.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I have always preferred a settled starting eleven wherever possible[/quote]Please play Oliveira from the start."Hoolahan, for home games at least, should startRussell is back-up. Pinto is back fit.We have a couple of German players newly signed should we see them tonight?Thinks: If any team offers a couple of million for Naisy then bite their hands off - my tactical insight would bench him tonight"

So Broady, apart from those six changes, you''d go with your ''settled starting eleven'' tonight? [:)]

So Broady, apart from those six changes, you''d go with your ''settled starting eleven'' tonight? Smile [:)]

Ah! My inconsistency did cross my mind as an afterthought but I consoled my self with the fact that it''s far too early to have a ''settled'' starting eleven.

I would be more interested in comments about the negatives of having an over-stocked midfield.

Please remember that my tactical nous is highly regarded in all the right circles and that even the slightest criticism is taken in bad faith.

I hope Farke stays strong and doesn''t give in to fan pressure. If it''s Jerome (or Naismith/Martin/Watkins...whoever) tonight then so be it. I don''t know what blend of players it will take within Farke''s system to give us the best chance v QPR, neither does anyone else.

Hughton threw away a few games by playing 442 because fans demanded it so much, we even got the Hooper/RVW partnership a few times that turned out to be just as impotent as anyone with half a brain would have predicted. Adams pretty much based his tactical approach on making the fans happy, Neil''s natural instincts to go attacking and play the best players available each time always sat well with fans....until the results dried up.

Lambert''s team sheet/subs often took fans by surprise but more often than not payed off. I hope we play well and win, I''m not hoping certain players play over other because I haven''t seen training this week, I don''t know (within our tactical structure) which players work better together and which ones suit playing against QPR''s team more, neither do you or anyone else on here.

One thing you can be certain of though is we won''t ever have a ''settled starting 11'' under this regime. They''ve said multiple times that every member of the squad is going to play a part this season, with our high energy game and having a lot of younger players in the team that was always going to be the case, but I get the sense squad rotation is preferred by Farke anyway. Again though, the team changed every week under Lambert and people didn''t complain

Would agree with a decent chunk of that, particularly Wes and Oliveira. Bit harsh on naismith considering he''s been back 1 game but yeah the money he is on, we''re gonna have to start seeing him make a big difference.

Hopefully we will see Klose soon as well. Seems like he''s been "almost fit" for a while now and I wonder if there is more to it as we''ve seen before with players.

I''d be going with Wes, Maddison and Josh today with reed and vrancic given another go to try form a partnership.

That means back to a back 4 with pinto, Franke, Zimmerman and husband tho I''m yet to be convinced by the latter. was hoping toffolo would have been given a go.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Would agree with a decent chunk of that, particularly Wes and Oliveira. Bit harsh on naismith considering he''s been back 1 game but yeah the money he is on, we''re gonna have to start seeing him make a big difference.

Hopefully we will see Klose soon as well. Seems like he''s been "almost fit" for a while now and I wonder if there is more to it as we''ve seen before with players.

I''d be going with Wes, Maddison and Josh today with reed and vrancic given another go to try form a partnership.

That means back to a back 4 with pinto, Franke, Zimmerman and husband tho I''m yet to be convinced by the latter. was hoping toffolo would have been given a go.[/quote] It is difficult for Naismith to be seen to make a big difference when the big difference he makes is invisible to most fans [;)]

Good call TJ.

Interesting pre-match comment by Farke:

“I don’t like to rotate and to change after a setback, especially at the beginning of the season. The guys need to be trusted and to find rhythm. But we have four games in nine days and three in six days, so for that I think it’s necessary to bring some fresh legs on the pitch. Wes will be fresher, as will Josh Murphy and Mario Vrancic.”

So with five changes surely this wasn’t just about rotation it was about the defensive formation and creating more positive attacking options.

Was Wildschut injured or rotated, or are Naismith, Jerome, Watkins, Stiepermann? regarded as better options for the bench.

Maybe all of the above.

Expect more rotation.

Despite losing lots of names in the summer, it feels like we''ve ended up with a higher quality squad with very able players either on the bench or not in the 18 at all.