Sign in to follow this  
Liquidator

Husband

Most of the business we''ve done in the summer looks pretty good, and even players who have yet to hit top gear are showing good signs (Vrancic, Franke). Husband still looks scarily out of his depth to me.

I''m hoping it is a case of just bedding in of course, but the number of times he let crosses in, got outmuscled and beaten tonight was a huge concern, especially as it is the position with the least cover. Perhaps a premier league loan would be an option, or Stiepermann at LB.

Thought Husband did pretty well tonight. Looking sharper and you would hope/expect he continues to improve with games.

damn that Ralph Coates! wrote the following post at 17/08/2017 12:01 AM:

in those few minutes, I reckon Stiepermann is going to be very good

He''s a big ole boy, that''s for sure.

I thought he had a much better game, I think with Murphy in front of him he had more support both defensively and offensively. On Sunday he looked totally isolated often with no teammate within 30 metres of him. QPR''s tactic seemed to target the full backs with first time long balls being clipped into the channels both inside and outside of the fullbacks, room for improvement yes but he is getting better imho.

I think we need to be patient, imo he looks like he''s steadily improving with each game, i wonder if his confidence has taken a serious bashing last season.

Husband had a good game and stopped crosses coming in his side far better than Pinto did

Correct, but Pinto is a fans favourite, Husband isn''t. It amazes me how many supporters decide on who is going to play badly before the game starts. We all have our favourites and see them through rose coloured specs at times. On a different subject, apart from his rash tackle I thought Martin added something defensively when he came on. Wait for the noise now...........

Agree with the consensus that he did much better against QPR. A couple of dodgy moments but some good ones too and decent clearances under pressure. Personally after hearing all the negatives after Fulham I have been pleasantly surprised. Give him time.

This is shameful OP, its attitudes like yours that hold the club back. Imagine singling out a new signing after 3 games and saying he isn''t good enough. In future if you have these stupid opinions just keep them to yourself, okay dear?

I''m a bit confused by all this as I though Husband did fine on Sunday.

Hoegsar, you seem to have a thing about Pinto now- is he your new Ryan Bennett?

I think he''s a better left back than wing back. Seemed more comfortable defending than bombing forward. Perhaps in a more defensive set up, having Stiepermann in front of him on the left side of a midfield 4, we might look more solid.

On the evidence of 10 minutes, Stiepermann could become our new Dijks, steamrollering and getting forward. Perhaps he''s the better option when we play wing backs.

OP there''s no reason to start dissaproving of a player after a home win in the third game ot season , where he did quite well in imo... The player''s still settling in and our manager is trying to figure out the best way of playing him in the team.

He''s also suffering from having to follow in the footsteps of some fairly illustrious left sided defenders - Drury, Olsson, Brady, Dijks.

He definitely looks better defensively than going forward. I can''t imagine he''ll be bombing past the opposition right back too often and swinging in crosses.

Fine in a back 4. Probably not going to suit a wing back role. I''m looking forward to Jamal and Toffolo getting fit again and adding some competition.

You can add Stiepermann to that list of challengers for that role. I do wonder if Toffolo might be sold or go on loan again when he''s fit - he looks to be 3rd choice again, or even 4th if Lewis continues how he did in pre-season.

Husband is doing fine, slowly improving, actually looks like hes going to be a decent defender. Toffolo is making his way back, and yes, Stieperman could well be a fabulous addition to the squad if his flexibility is as good as DF says. Jamal looks like he could be sidelined for a while, but i think LB is a position we are well catered for.

Morison''s Prozac...good lord.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight... I don''t even know where to start with this.

The post said I was concerned and that I hoped it was a case of bedding in? I''ve hardly said he''ll never be good enough have I? Or "held the club back"? I mean maybe I should write a formal apology to the club, although I thought discussing a player''s performances on a forum designed for exactly that was a pretty normal thing to do.

I genuinely don''t know if your reply is supposed to be satirical in which case sorry for biting, but if you''re for real...wow.

The source of my concern is more from the fact that players like Vrancic and Zimmerman for example had more adjusting to do (new country, new league, potential language problems) than Husband, yet in my opinion he seems to have had the slower start.

Am I judging his whole Norwich career? No.

If we''re not allowed to discuss players after a few games maybe we should shut down the forum until christmas and resume then?

[quote user="Red Rufus"]I thought he had a much better game, I think with Murphy in front of him he had more support both defensively and offensively. On Sunday he looked totally isolated often with no teammate within 30 metres of him. QPR''s tactic seemed to target the full backs with first time long balls being clipped into the channels both inside and outside of the fullbacks, room for improvement yes but he is getting better imho.[/quote]j

Josh Murphy has been horrendous for us thus far this season. He should have got subbed slot sooner than he did last night and IMO shouldn''t start next match.

No King, because Pintos actually a decent player unlike Bennett.

The only reason i bring Pinto into the topic is because hes the other fullback but because he already has fans onside its like his inability to defend can be ignored but each slight opportunity down Husbands side seems to draw criticism.

I notice Bennetts not got on the pitch for Wolves as of yet which kind of explains their good start.