Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Holloway......sshhhh!

What Holloway was doing mouthing off at our fans in the Main Stand I don''t know.   Mind you all it did was spur the crowd to react and we started to play better, so maybe we should thank him for it.......Not nice to see though - unprofessional and unpleasant.

That stand is going down hill fast. You get some right old riffraff in there these days...

Great to see you tonight Lakey 👍

I think there must have been some old duffer sitting behind the dugout who Mr Holloway suggested in graphic form was a dickhead.

He was the same last season too. Very easily wound up. However last season he did end up having a good laugh with us all and is actually very funny. Was the most entertaining manager to sit behind.

He did us a favour by raising the temperature of the crowd, which was all ready in good voice.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]He was the same last season too. Very easily wound up. However last season he did end up having a good laugh with us all and is actually very funny. Was the most entertaining manager to sit behind.[/quote]When the iFollow camera panned to show Olly in animated exchange with fans last night it all looked pretty good humoured, with a lot of grinning on both sides. 

Does anyone know who Uncle Albert is?

"Holloway made light of the stick he took from Norwich fans who were not convinced when Pawel Wszolek went down injured.

''I

was talking to Uncle Albert,'' said Holloway. ''He really looked like

him. He was going on about one of my players who really was hurt.

''It

was quite amusing, I know I shouldn''t but they you go. I said to him

''When I was in the war,'' I''m not sure he found it funny, but it was all

done in fun.'' "

He''s a proper football man is Olly. Heart on his sleeve, but good humoured and if you get chance a great football bloke to chat with.

One of the games good guys, and complimentary of our support after the game.

Agreed FCC, I like him. He''s had a very tough personal life. His autobiography is a good read.

Uncle Albert from Fools and Horses with his big beard and bald head, constantly going on about the war. He did look a bit like him to be fair.

To be fair the fans did have a point, the guy has gone down like he was shot, then realised that where he was laying meant we wouldn''t be offside, got up, jogged towards the bench only to be told by one of the backroom staff to go down. 🤔

The crowd reaction was prompted by the fact that their player was instructed by their bench to sit down on the pitch to receive treatment rather than carry on walking off, thus allowing play to continue.

Highlights a flaw in the rules of treating an ''injured'' player. The full amount of time wasted/spent treating him is never fully added on. I bet he wouldn''t have sat down if they were losing 1-0 with 5 mins to go...

I don''t think this is the first time Holloway has had some banter with fans behind the away dug out as i seem to remember it taking place at the last home game in May. As for last night none of us just towards the River End behind the home dugout could see or hear what was going on. There must be some of Nutty''s riff raff in that area.

''Uncle Albert'' is well known in the Thorpe area for constantly berating someone or other. A lot of it is good humoured but he does go over the line on occasion and doesn''t always get the good natured reaction that Holloway gave last season and as it appears last night.

He had an ongoing spat with AN which prompted AN to react a number of times (I remember a late goal against Newcastle where AN was more interested in shouting abuse towards him than celebrating the goal). However it''s always out of passion for the club and at the final game of that relegation season ''uncle albert'' and AN had a hug and a chat during the lap of ''honour''.

Passionate supporter and always entertaining

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Woodman, to be fair that is exactly what Ivo did later - and Klose was criticised for not doing when injured last season.[/quote]

Yep, and Mourinho berated someone at Chelsea for not doing it when he was there. Like I say, the problem lies with the rules, not the players.

If I remember rightly, the intention of the rule change was that the player is supposed to leave the pitch for treatment to allow the game to continue, but now we have the farce of them getting treated on the pitch, then walking off, only to come back on the pitch once the game has restarted. Again, I thought they were supposed to go off and stay off until the ball next went out of play - designed to counter time-wasting - but its all a bit of a shambles now.

This rule is also daft if a player is fouled and receives treatment and can''t stay on for the resulting free kick. If anything, the fouler (is that a word?!) should also go off while the free kick is taken.

Sorry, rant over...!