Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Frankie/Zimmerman

On today''s performance made Bassong and Bennett look world class!

If you buy cheap you get poor players and sadly these two looked out of their depth today, neither won a header all game against Grabban and Vaughan! Woeful!

Thought Zimmermann was was the best of the 3.

But the 3 of them weren''t tight enough.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Unfair and stupid post.

Zimmerman will be class, Franke perhaps needs time.[/quote]

I thought they looked poor today along with Husband, looked like league 1 defenders

Give them time? You mean another 6 or 7 games like today and concede more soft goals? Yep that''s the answer isn''t it!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Give them time? You mean another 6 or 7 games like today and concede more soft goals? Yep that''s the answer isn''t it![/quote]

#1&2 especially.

http://www.thesportster.com/soccer/top-15-soccer-stars-who-were-terrible-at-first/

Baldyboy wrote the following post at 2017-08-13 9:37 PM:

Give them time? You mean another 6 or 7 games like today and concede more soft goals? Yep that''s the answer isn''t it!

It''s very easy to criticise, so what is the answer? You seem to know!

Share it rather than spout rubbish.

Buy players from a better league than German 2nd division maybe?

So how''s it rubbish or did you think they played well City 2nd?

Well the answer was to invest more money from the sales which raised 18 million.

Yep we''re a club living on a shoestring budget as we have far too many journeymen on premiership money contracted for another few years so have to cover future costs.

But it''s fair to say most of the time you get what you pay for, today looked like those we got for free or on a very low fee don''t deserve to be playing for a great club of our size.

But we''re poor in terms of the championship and have to live to our means.

Hopefully we will grind out some good results and finish in the top ten this year. But till we get rid of the Naismith, Klose and Jarvises we are going to be hampered in our spending.

You may be proved right Baldy, non of us know how these guys are going to develop under Farke so its an unknown.

What is for sure is that you can''t judge either of them one way or the other on what we''ve seen so far. give them a chance at least!

Van Wink we have no choice but to get behind them and support them, it''s what we do. But discussion on here is the best place to vent frustrations, rather than at the ground.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Bloody autocorrect on my phone! That should be Franke[/quote]Baldy''s back!Always someone to blame - even the phone gets it in the neck. Your close season misery doesn''t compare with your melt-downs when we lose.Welcome back Baldy, defeats would be miserable if we didn''t have you to laugh at.Keep up the good work. [Y][:D][<:o)]

Not really but I was in the South Stand today Van Wink, as I gave up my season tickets, just bought two a few weeks ago. Thought the atmosphere was pretty good to start with and the last twenty was really good. Shame we couldn''t get another goal back.......

It was a good atmosphere Indy. There were however a few boos around me near the snakepit which made me dispair.

Fully agree this is the place for discussion Indy, and the very last thing I would try to do is suppress it.

Hopefully that sort of bullying activity on here left with one or two unpleasant posters.

For my view on Zimmerman over the past games since he joined, he can be excellent at covering last ditch tackles, he''s a tad slower than expected and thought by having big units we''d be stronger in the air, yet today we looked really poor to the high ball.

The three at the back isn''t working as all three are not the greatest defenders and look lost in that system. When we revert to a 4 at the back it appears to give us a better foundation to get forward quicker, but that might coincide with Wes coming onto the pitch.

I still think both our German defenders are young enough to improve and look better as the season goes on. But don''t think they ever be top quality.

Frank was poor Zimmerman not too bad. Frank has come from the German championship so was disappointing, Zimmerman comes from league 4 so it is a big step up and a different country so lets hope they settle down if not we are in big trouble

Think we will bring in another cb. Probably Leistner. Need someone with some organisational skills which he allegedly has in bucketloads

Baldyboy wrote the following post at 2017-08-13 10:05 PM:

And with what are you going to purchase the players from a "better" league?

Do I think they played well - we are a club in transition with several players bedding in. They have to gel and get used to one another''s intricacies. They will improve. Today we were certainly not as good as at Fulham (yes I was there, were you), or are you judging your criticism on the two home games you have witnessed (or is it 1)? There will be no quick fix, it''s a learning curve, no we didn''t play well today, and there will be other games we don''t too. Me, no I won''t criticise. We have a very good coach, and indeed a very good director of football. This club is now in far better hands football wise than it has been since the days of Lambert. We win together, we lose together, but most of all we stick together. Success is never instantaneous, unless you have Ambramovich as owner. We don''t! How long did it take Sir Alex Ferguson to get it right? In his first season at Old Trafford many criticised like you, and wanted him out! Bet the club were glad they didn''t listen to those folks, just as NCFC will be regarding you and all the other defeatists who want instant success. As Mr Webber clearly stated, it will likely take 4/5 transfer windows to get it right, so have patience. If you haven''t, you know where the door is!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Baldyboy"]Bloody autocorrect on my phone! That should be Franke[/quote]Baldy''s back!Always someone to blame - even the phone gets it in the neck. Your close season misery doesn''t compare with your melt-downs when we lose.Welcome back Baldy, defeats would be miserable if we didn''t have you to laugh at.Keep up the good work. [Y][:D][<:o)]

[/quote]

Oh you are a funny one Lappinitup, never went away, but if you think what those of us who went witnessed today wasn''t worthy of criticism you are a prize tool!

City 2nd no I wasn''t at Fulham I was on holiday, yes I was there on Tuesday and was concerned by what I saw defensively then and commented to my son we would do badly today if we defended like that!

As for the money to buy in England, we''ve managed to find money for the other players so I''d rather they''d spent on players already playing in England

I appreciate it''s going to take a few windows BUT the fact is this club has been badly run for the last couple of years and more but people say give it time? Do we really have time or will we be left behind?

Judging from the games I''ve seen which is only one less than you it would appear City 2nd, buying from Germany is not going to produce much in the way of better players than what we''ve let go, is it?

[quote user="City 2nd"]Baldyboy wrote the following post at 2017-08-13 10:05 PM:

And with what are you going to purchase the players from a "better" league?

Do I think they played well - we are a club in transition with several players bedding in. They have to gel and get used to one another''s intricacies. They will improve. Today we were certainly not as good as at Fulham (yes I was there, were you), or are you judging your criticism on the two home games you have witnessed (or is it 1)? There will be no quick fix, it''s a learning curve, no we didn''t play well today, and there will be other games we don''t too. Me, no I won''t criticise. We have a very good coach, and indeed a very good director of football. This club is now in far better hands football wise than it has been since the days of Lambert. We win together, we lose together, but most of all we stick together. Success is never instantaneous, unless you have Ambramovich as owner. We don''t! How long did it take Sir Alex Ferguson to get it right? In his first season at Old Trafford many criticised like you, and wanted him out! Bet the club were glad they didn''t listen to those folks, just as NCFC will be regarding you and all the other defeatists who want instant success. As Mr Webber clearly stated, it will likely take 4/5 transfer windows to get it right, so have patience. If you haven''t, you know where the door is![/quote]

Perhaps with some of the £30m plus we have sold players for since January, that''s what I would use to buy at least one decent full back. I am aware we have half an eye on the future but we have basically spent nothing this summer. Not acceptable in our last season with parachute payments. It is absolutely unforgiveable if yet another window passes without some proper investment in the defence.

I don''t think Bassong and Co would have coped any better withe the back 3 system. I am not sue that is the system for the directness and physicality of the Champs. I actually like these two but felt they were just exposed too kuch today.

Would switch to a back 4 for weds night with Tettey in front of the 2 cbs.

3 points is a must so we need to sacrifice some of the pretty stuff for some more effective stuff

don''t think the style of play works. constantly queuing up on the edge of the box and playing risky balls and then getting caught on the break. has been happening for years at this level. playing a stronger 2 cms and someone like nelson who can hold the ball better up top will sort that out.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Would switch to a back 4 for weds night with Tettey in front of the 2 cbs.

3 points is a must so we need to sacrifice some of the pretty stuff for some more effective stuff[/quote]Nope, Tettey should only be fielded when two DM''s are required and/or in a formation where one DM is required and  Reed is suspended or injured.

[quote user="Indy"]Van Wink we have no choice but to get behind them and support them, it''s what we do. But discussion on here is the best place to vent frustrations, rather than at the ground.[/quote]

[quote user="Van wink"]It was a good atmosphere Indy. There were however a few boos around me near the snakepit which made me dispair.

Fully agree this is the place for discussion Indy, and the very last thing I would try to do is suppress it.

Hopefully that sort of bullying activity on here left with one or two unpleasant posters.[/quote]They still look in on here Winky and then run off telling tales elsewhere. [:D]

The message you are replying to: Re: Frankie/Zimmerman

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 14/08/2017 9:00 AM:

Van wink wrote:

It was a good atmosphere Indy. There were however a few boos around me near the snakepit which made me dispair. Fully agree this is the place for discussion Indy, and the very last thing I would try to do is suppress it. Hopefully that sort of bullying activity on here left with one or two unpleasant posters.

They still look in on here Winky and then run off telling tales elsewhere.

The "other place" Tilly, its generally where you go when you want some peace and quiet.