Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Team for Villa - stick or twist

It was a good all round team performance last night v QPR - would you change any of the personnel for the trip to Villa (assuming no injuries)?Didn''t think Murphy was really on his game but maybe it was just a one off .

Would rather stick. maybe Wes out left and yanic back on the right? Thought Josh sounded like he was dangerous and worked hard even if nothing did come off tho.

Anybody think Jerome and Oliveira could play together?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Anybody think Jerome and Oliveira could play together?[/quote]Yes I was thinking the same thing - very different players but a combination that would give any defence plenty to think about

Reward success keep the same team give Murphy a kick up the back side tell him we need more from him in games

clean sheet last night none of the defenders deserve to be dropped for so called bigger names after that

I would have Naismith or Spiederman in for Josh! Not happy with Josh at present!

Still not convinced with Husband as yet but given he''s been away from first team football for a while, I am willing to give him a chance.

I''d stick with Josh for Villa. He hasn''t been anywhere near his best recently, and I think he normally looks most impressive when coming off the bench, but away from home when we might be able to hurt Villa on the break, Josh can be a real threat in that sort of situation.

Murphy is dangerous, but I agree with Parmas assessment that Josh is a better player central than wide. So if we play him I would want him very close to the striker (Nelson for me this weekend).

Unfortuntaley we have plenty of central players and I am not sure his contribution currently as strong a pritchard or wes for example. So I am not sure he is what we need at the moment. Wildschut is an option. He has created far better openings than Josh this season and away from home is likely to get the ball deeper, allowing him more space to run at players.

As long as players are fit we havent signed anyone to make a change so can see a similar team.

Gunn

Pinto Zimmer Franke Husband

Reed Maddison

Wildschut Vrancic Wes

Nelson

However away from home and against Villi who prefer attacking down their left flank, we may have a surprise return to three at the back.

I have a feeling Farke will change it and then the usual suspects will come on here and cry if we manage to lose to a team that has been, so far, massively useless. DF said after the QPR game that there were times he felt ''more experience'' was needed on the pitch, as some of the younger players were nervous going into the game, probably due to the fact that we were desperate for a reaction and win.Don''t be surprised IF you see Jerome and Naismith in for the Villa game.

I hope he sticks with the same unless there are injuries. The thought of Naismith and Jerome starting does not fill me with any confidence. I know Wes will struggle to play too many games in one week, but even if he is tired he will always have more to offer the team than Naismith.

The mood at Villa is pretty terrible from what I have seen on one of their forums ("the most inept performance I have seen in 33 years" said one poster of their Reading game). I haven''t seen much of them play yet, but it looks like they may have Gabby Agbonlahor leading the line (haha). Its the sort of game I wish we had Holt playing who could really rile up the home fans/defence.

I''m not sure about the worth of having both Jerome and Nelson start - I''m not sure how much pace Villa have, so I wouldn''t expect them to be flooding forward leaving much space behind for long balls to the big men.

I think I would keep the same shape, with maybe a start for Watkins or Naismith over Murphy. There is also some sense in starting Jerome as he''s a bit more used to the sort of defence Terry represents.

It''s a difficult choice because we function better with Wes''s movement and passing, but who knows if the manager thinks he''s capable of starting two games in a week. We have 4 players that can play on the wings; Watkins, Murphy, Stiepermann and Wildschut. I wouldn''t say any of those have been standout players so far, apart from Wildschut''s performance vs Fulham, however he was disappointing against Sunderland. I would really like to see what Stiepermann is capable of and I think it''s so great that we have all of these players fighting for a regular spot. However we rarely start with two natural wide players which i''d love to see.

I''m going for a team which i''d like to see, but not expecting to.

Gunn

Pinto Franke Zimmermann Husband

Tetty

Watkins Maddison Vrancic Murphy

Oliviera

I chose Tetty just because we are away from home and I also think we''d have enough creativity with Maddison with a licesnce to go forwards and Vrancics''s ability to spot a pass.

I would be surprised if selection was the same.

I doubt we will see Pinto start and may well see Naismith and Watkins back in the starting line up.

Wes and Murphy on the bench.

I''d stick with the same - shouldn''t change a winning side unless necessary and Farke has said himself he doesn''t like changing things too much when the side needs to settle. Only thing I''ll be expecting is Martin in for Pinto.

As for Oliveira and Jerome together - I''d love to see that at some point, but it would mean sacrificing one of Wes or Maddison and I don''t want to see that at the moment.