Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Sean Raggett

Seems weird, Transfermarkt has him as 24, Wiki as 23. I could understand if he were younger, but if we''re loaning him back, why bother buying him.

Raggett signing makes good sense, inexpensive and getting more game time at Lincoln than we''d currently offer. If things are going well in January, with Klose et al fit and playing well (and staying with us) the loan would presumably be extended.

Sounds good. Glad he''s only away until jan, gives us a good option of shaking things up if the current lot are injured, not good enough or sold. Seems like a cheap but promising replacement for Ryan Bennett.

Absolutely loving this transfer window, so completely different from the last few seasons windows, when our Premier money was pushing us to pay millions and millions on guys to get them to come here. I know its out of necessity that we cannot do that now, but for me, there is some kind of joy and  excitement in hunting down so many new Canary players for a pittance of the price we were forking out just 12 or a bit more months ago. Raggett for a reported 250k?..could be a fantastic signing. And our 10th this window? No idea of the total outlay we have paid for those we have signed on permanents, but probably less than the fee for 1 Klose or 1 Naismith. And if, just if, all these new guys form the starting nucleus of a new successful era for City, what a change around it will have been compared to the tens of millions we spent previously.

[Y] Essjayess. There''s a real logic and sense of purpose to our transfer activity and staff appointments since Webber arrived. (Wonder if he would have time to take on the task of restructuring this forum, clearing out the dead wood etc. etc. [:D])

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Agreed. Webber''s good, but he''s not a miracle worker![/quote]Said so himself from the start. We are just smelling the difference.

I think Klose will be off in January. I don''t think we will see much of him from now on unfortunately. Just a gut feeling I have. I would like him to stay though and be part of this new team.

Will there be anyone else arrive at CR??

As stated below, I''ve loved this transfer window. We''ve done our business quietly and I believe we''ve made some good signings. If Farke is a genious we could go up this year but think we will be realistically pushing for promotion next season - but never say never.

Good signing! This lad has potential and will be roaring to play in the Chumps! Will Klose be as motivated? We all know this is an important factor, no matter how good a player is.

I saw Franke giving his all and it looked much better against QPR, Zimmermann has been good and one of the reasons is his dedication to the cause....

I don''t think we will see Leinster now after this signing......not sure we were going to anyway!

I think the price is his release clause valuation. I think Move Klose has it right - this is an investment signing.

Minimum fee for a CB who is getting games and may improve further, if we get promoted this season we can probably loan again or sell for a profit as he is so cheap. If we stay where we are he is a replacement for Klose who we would be able to afford if he is still here next season.

I suspect (& hope too!) that we may yet sign another CB - it may only be a loan in but we still look thin there

Good signing, young hungry lower league players have usually worked out well for the club and hopefully this will continue in that tradition.

Really pleased with this one, well done Stuart/Daniel, as others have said a young hungry player from a lower league, fits our model perfectly

Yep, agree-a good signing, little to lose and a lot to, potentially, gain. Keep thinking of all those other centre halves we''ve plucked from lower leagues or reserve teams-Watson, Bruce, Linighan three good examples.

Saw him in last year''s cup run and was impressed with his strength. Always seemed to come off best in his one on one battles.
This signing speaks wonders for the way we are scouting players.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Absolutely loving this transfer window, so completely different from the last few seasons windows, when our Premier money was pushing us to pay millions and millions on guys to get them to come here. I know its out of necessity that we cannot do that now, but for me, there is some kind of joy and  excitement in hunting down so many new Canary players for a pittance of the price we were forking out just 12 or a bit more months ago. Raggett for a reported 250k?..could be a fantastic signing. And our 10th this window? No idea of the total outlay we have paid for those we have signed on permanents, but probably less than the fee for 1 Klose or 1 Naismith. And if, just if, all these new guys form the starting nucleus of a new successful era for City, what a change around it will have been compared to the tens of millions we spent previously.[/quote]

Excellent points Essjayess. So much upside and so little downside to signings like this. Get them young and hungry, work them hard and see what they can do. Would like to see the continuation of this policy when we get to the Premiership. Real fans will always support triers.

I''m at Lincoln Uni and I I''ve been watching the Imps and keeping up with them since my old school friend and ex Norwich academy player Sam Habergam joined them. Sean Raggett is easily one of the stand out performers for the club who has been on the rise for about a year. He was a huge part of their FA Cup success last year and I think he scored the winning goal away at Burnley which lead them to the famous away game at Arsenal. In some ways he has already proven he''s capable at performing at this this level and £250000 is extremely low risk in this market, i think this is excellent business for our club, especially with the current market. Now he is a Norwich player I will keep my eye on him even more when I go to watch the Imps.

For his potential the fee is tiny so there''s basically no risk. He could turn out to be a great purchase. The logic behind the move is probably a thing of two minds, the potential he has to be a first teamer at a high level but also a replacement for aged players with high wages that has been the theme of this transfer window (Klose, obviously). Good business in any case, and loaning him backs will obviously get him more game time than sitting in the development squad

Just a thought on Klose, who a few posters in this topic have continued the trend ever since Timm arrived at the club, saying this or next window he could be off. Just a reminder, due to injury he has yet not had the chance to show what he can do in DF team in this division and i for one would not want to even suggest a departure for the big guy, he could yet prove invaluable to us this season and beyond.His signing fee and wages were done under what now feels a quickly disappearing part of City''s recent history, but the man himself has never shirked the yellow and green when hes played. Like a few of the other players signed before our current set up, Ivo and Nelson etc. he has  seemed to taken to the Norfolk area like a duck to water, that should  never be forgotten, especially as i still recall previous windows when the call was "we cannot sign guys to come to the club because its Norfolk, not London".Anyway, with Franke and Zimmerman, Klose fighting  to get back to  training / fitness and now young Raggett a Canary, the future of the CB positions seems more promising than for quite awhile. OTBC