Sign in to follow this  
Number9

Villa drop to bottom

With Burton beating Brum tonight, Villa are now bottom of the Championship ready for our visit tomorrow.

Traditionally​ we would be all to willing to gift 3 points in this type of situation, be interesting to see how Farke sets up the team and whether we will go for the jugular.

1-1

counted my chickens to many times would like a win but expect them to pull the rabbit out of the hat with us

Tony Xia seems to have been fleeced by agents in the same vein as Tony Fernandes.£10+ million for McCormack, Hogan & Kodija.Signing 32+ year olds like Jedinak and WhelanAs Collymore says - not one bargain or steal.

Obviously would absolutely love a win but we all know the script in these situations. It''s always been the same with Norwich.

I hope we go there and take the game to them rather than try and play for an away point, never a better chance to beat them at their own place but I fear it will be a case of "along came Norwich" and we will play a part in kick-starting their season.

I think Villa are in for a hard game this afternoon.  If we can get the possession football up and running like we did against Sunderland, Villa will get very frustrated - and with the confidence gained from the QPR match, we won''t be afraid of going there and winning.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I think Villa are in for a hard game this afternoon.  If we can get the possession football up and running like we did against Sunderland, Villa will get very frustrated - and with the confidence gained from the QPR match, we won''t be afraid of going there and winning.

[/quote]yep, that''s about itI see nothing in Villa to suggest they have improved since last season or changed what saw them drop out of the PLA young fired up squad v a bunch of over paid has beensTime to show our intent for the season ahead

Please please please no Along Come Norwich moments today. It''d be nice to further push Villa towards "Crisis" if there is such a thing.

Sunderland didn''t get frustrated though did they, and look what happened then.

It''s about the first goal, we score that and the natives will be very peed off, they score first and it could be like the Alamo!

I would take a point in a hard fought 1-1 draw

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Sunderland didn''t get frustrated though did they, and look what happened then.

It''s about the first goal, we score that and the natives will be very peed off, they score first and it could be like the Alamo!

I would take a point in a hard fought 1-1 draw[/quote]

It is different if you play like we did against Sunderland away from home.  Keeping possession from the Villa team will make the natives very restless which WILL lead to frustration if we can achieve it.   Of course scoring first will help to add to that frustration, but the longer we keep it 0-0 and manage to get the better of the play possession wise, Villa will find it a very uncomfortable experience.

Trouble is, Villa are perfectly placed for us to rip them a new one, and we all know historically that means we give them the points and resolve any goal difference problems they might have.

Will be a good test of how much has changed at Colney.

Was always a touch confused by those tipping Villa for promotion this year- their squad seems deeply unbalanced, as often happens when you just throw money at a problem. Terry''s legs have gone so will struggle against any real pace and I have no idea how you fit all those midfielders in to once team in a shape that works.

Also Steve Bruce is a vastly overrated manager.