Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Room for anymore purchases?

With Raggett taking us to double figures will that be that now?

I do think we are still a tad light in defence but that would be being picky.

I reckon we''d quite like to try get one more cb in on loan after what was said about them only wanting to come if game time is guaranteed. I guess we will probably wait until deadline day and see what is about as there''ll probs be a few fringe prem players worried they are gonna be faced with under 23 football for a few months and may fancy their chances of a few games here. It''s also still tough to know if we will be mainly using 4 or 5 at the back.

I don''t know how versatile stiepermann is but we do seem vulnerable if pinto is out. i guess russ fits if we go 4 at the back and wildschut if we go 5 at the back.

Further forward it''s hard to realistically see who we can get that would improve us really. I''m always interested in taking some talent from the top 6 though that may make the difference. Look at how good the likes of Tammy Abraham or Izzy Brown were last season. I''m surprised there isn''t a talented youngster or 2 from Dortmund we haven''t looked at.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]With Raggett taking us to double figures will that be that now?

I do think we are still a tad light in defence but that would be being picky.

I reckon we''d quite like to try get one more cb in on loan after what was said about them only wanting to come if game time is guaranteed. I guess we will probably wait until deadline day and see what is about as there''ll probs be a few fringe prem players worried they are gonna be faced with under 23 football for a few months and may fancy their chances of a few games here. It''s also still tough to know if we will be mainly using 4 or 5 at the back.

I don''t know how versatile stiepermann is but we do seem vulnerable if pinto is out. i guess russ fits if we go 4 at the back and wildschut if we go 5 at the back.

Further forward it''s hard to realistically see who we can get that would improve us really. I''m always interested in taking some talent from the top 6 though that may make the difference. Look at how good the likes of Tammy Abraham or Izzy Brown were last season. I''m surprised there isn''t a talented youngster or 2 from Dortmund we haven''t looked at.[/quote]I''d be immensely surprised if Webber hasn''t identified a number of possibilities already, though not just from Dortmund. Also, to my mind there is still a question mark over Nelson Oliveira and there will most certainly be a preferred replacement lined up in case he should he leave.

Regardless of the NO situation, we still only have two recognised strikers.

It''s a long haul to Jan, if one or both pick up inuries (assuming Fonkeu still isn''t over the finishing line)

Whilst we''ve loaned Raggett back to Lincoln, it''s normal to include a recall option, isn''t it, should we get a defensive injury crisis, so maybe we don''t need another CB?

Actually just read the EDP article, and Farke confirms they could bring Raggett back at Christmas, should we need to.

I too think that we could do with another recognised striker. Some believe it would be an excessive expenditure considering we only start with one up front but all promotion hopefuls need an abundance of choice in this position above all surely.

Jerome and Oliveira cannot really be expected to go through a whole season without injury or even suspension. If both are side-lined at once then we are stuck.

I am not really convinced by our so-called back-ups in this position. Naismith, Murphy and Watkins have all been mooted in this respect but only the latter would seem to really fit the bill in any way shape or form for any length of time, imo, and even Watkins seems better fitted to wider role.

I cannot comment upon our own young players as yet, but

perhaps an up-and-coming net-finder from the lower leagues/ a lower club might fit the bill?

In this respect I would suggest that Barnsley''s Tom Bradshaw might be worth a look as he seems to be getting good write-ups for his striking ability.

I won''t put him forward as a solid suggestion as I know little about him except that he was recently plucked from non-league but he would seem a likely, Raggert-style signing, for our squad.

He wouldn''t cost a lot initially and would only need be a moderate success for us to recoup expenditure if necessary what with the way things are going in the market for even Championship level strikers.

I just had to look at the squad to see who we''ve got and where! Watkins is one of three named forwards. I think that we have enough if we promote one of our youngsters if necessary as long as Nelson stays. Buying another striker may upset the ego balance.

"Buying another striker may upset the ego balance."

Possibly but I would be more concerned about the ego balance in mid-field, and Tettey seems put out now. The only real problem in that respect in the forward line would be Oliveira who has a few vulnerable balances in any case.

I''d like another striker on loan- someone with some pace that we can bring off the bench if we need to mix things up.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I just had to look at the squad to see who we''ve got and where! Watkins is one of three named forwards. I think that we have enough if we promote one of our youngsters if necessary as long as Nelson stays. Buying another striker may upset the ego balance.[/quote]I suspect that is the case.A good player may be happy to be rotated  or even sit it out on the bench in the PL but not in the Championship - and we don''t have the money for that either. We are nit plkayng that hit it inti the bix and let the striker finish it'' stuff at the moment. Goals are ciming from outside the box, with the ability ti shoit on sight ratger than header n a cross.Have we scored a goal from inside the six yard box so far ?I think this is quite telling"There is no pressure or we are forced to search for a special position but perhaps when there is a good option we will be awake." FarkeWhich suggests that he is ok with the squad we have but it maybe for many reasons the right player comes up and we will sign him as with Fonkeu, Phillips, Abrahams, RaggettAny signed players will need to have their wages covered in the season or two after this one if we don''t go up. So far it looks as if we''ve been able to do things or the ''cheap'' - or more importantly we''ve been more Lidl and Adli rather than Waitrose.Same quality different price, that''s all

I like the Lidl and Waitrose point. A lot of signings in recent times have had the perception of stardust that comes with a familiar name. These new boys seem to be just as good even if I have no idea who they are.

It makes you wonder, if we go up, whether we could continue in this fashion.I appreciate that PL status woukd require PL wages but at the moment iy just seems that the PL has the roughly the same players only at higher cost. The reported transfers are not the real problem, as if club A buys a player for £30m off club B who buys a player from club C etc etc it is just the same money going around.Whereas wages and agents fees just leak out of the game - and have the liabilty of years ahead.We went up and stayed up under Lambert with relatively unknown players. Were RVW, Fer, VOO, Brady THAT much better, based on their suposed cost. Have Snodgrass, Olsen and the above really set the world ablaze since leaving ?Do the younger players we have now on loan and on the fringes if the first team offer any less excitement that some Carlos Kickaball that we might have signed because we are in the PL.. As young master nutty once commented "it us far more fun getting into the PL than being in it" Wise words from one so young.So better some ''unknown'' who has something to prove, that some bertie big bollo ox'' who thinks he has nothing to porove - and that we should be grateful. just under a couple of weeks to go and I doubt we will be biting our nails at 10pm on deadline night as often before.

Samram27, under the new loan rules introduced at the beginning of the 2016/17 season, there is no recall option avsilable outside the transfer windows. I think there is still an exeption to this in the case of goalkeepers, but i''m not 100% sure.

So it''s no longer "normal" to put a recall option in the loan deal. It''s impossible. January at the earliest.

On another issue, It can be arranged for Abrahams, for example, to come back and play in development games while on loan at orient, but he can''t be recalled for first team.

Farke has said a coupple of times that they are ''awake'' in regards to transfers but will only sign if the right player comes along. They''re not in a rush to sign anyone.He said yesterday that Raggett is one for the future, like Abraham. I imagine there will be 1 or 2 more.