Sign in to follow this  
Olano

Tettey- Open to leave Norwich. Im not happy

Tettey have told norwegian state tv NRK that he is not happy at Norwich becauce he is not playing. He is not ruling out that he can leave Norwich if he dont`t get more game time. https://www.nrk.no/sport/vraket-tettey-apner-for-norwich-exit_-_-klart-jeg-ikke-er-fornoyd-1.13648760

You can''t blame him, at his stage of his career he needs to be playing but as things stand he looks set to be deputising for Harrison Reed and Farke hasn''t shown much indication that he''ll play a formation that will accommodate them both.

I''ve loved Tettey but I think we''ve seen his best years, it might be time to say farewell. He''s probably on a five-figure weekly wage too.

No great loss in my own opinion, I always thought him solid and unspectacular. But more interesting would be what his wages our, probably in the top third I''d imagine...

He''s changed his tune a bit from the interview he gave recently, if this is accurate.

He''s been a good servant for our club, perhaps he sees the writing on the wall with the squad we have now assembled, sadly for him I don''t see any clamour to get him back in the team at the moment.

I doubt we want him to go but can''t see us fighting too hard to keep him here if he''s not going to be happy.

Via Google translate, seems like the standard replies to the standard questions.
"Do not want to say so much other than I want to play matches.

The coach answers the question if he is considering the Norwich exit, as he has spent every series of matches so far in the season on the bench.

"I''m used to playing matches, preferably 90 minutes. It has not been in the first three, so obviously I''m not happy with that, explains the midfielder.

Also read: Tettey gets on the national team
Tettey has been in the Championship Club since 2012 and has a contract for next summer.

He denies that it''s health that keeps him on the sidelines.

"I''m harmless and fit," said the Norwegian, who got a leap in the league match against Swindon one and a half weeks ago.

- Are you still motivated to stay or can you disappear?

"I do not know what''s going on, but we''ll see.

The coach: - He is in good shape

Norwich coach Daniel Farke was generous in the review by Tettey during a press conference recently.

"It''s hard not to use him now because he''s in good shape. He works hard and right, told the German, and continued:

"I am pleased with his behavior and his achievements on training, but I prioritize other types of players.

He must be one of the higher paid players and we know what that means at Norwich, especially if we have available replacements in the squad. 

Alex Tettey has been a great servant to the club, the best defensive midfielder we''ve had since Gary Holt by a country mile and a nailed on certainty for the Hall of Fame. This season though he is likely going to be playing second fiddle to a Harrison Reed who, unfortunately for Tettey, looks an excellent fit for the style Farke wants to play. I think Alex would be a big loss for the squad, but due to his previous years of service and the fact he''s not first choice, I wouldn''t begrudge him a move away, especially as it could present first team opportunities to young Ben Godfrey.

I think the sentiment above from all is pretty much the same as is mine.We''ve had the best days out of Tettey so perhaps time for both parties to move on. No complaints about his  work ethic or his behaviour as a player.However with a year still left on his contract we will have to pay a fair bit of that if he does move on as no club will take on his current wages. I would have thought. But they would still have to be paid in fulk if he stays so a departure would be a savingSo I expect there will be a few more comings and goings as the squad is almost rebuilt. At east one keeper moving/loan as well.

I''ll forever remember ''that glorious volley'' from Alex Tettey against Sunderland a few seasons ago.......If a player from a ''big club'' had scored a goal of that quality, the football ''know it alls'' would still be crooning over it.......

Loved it.....absolutely loved it......

If you do venture to pastures new Alex, thanks for that memory.....

It is understandable he isn''t happy that he isn''t playing, but from the club''s point of view it may be difficult to let him go - it would only take an injury or suspension to Reed for him to be right back in the thick of things.  No-one would begrudge him a move away, but we would probably need someone else to replace him and that would be difficult - he is still a good player and with some adjustment to the way he plays, he may well fit into Farke''s style of football.

If we did sell him we''d need a replacement- although this Trybull who we signed and have never seen does play in that position doesn''t he?

Great player for us. Superb performance at Wembley, showed what a class act he is.

If he gets in ahead of young Harrison he could be difficult to displace though - it''s the first time he has had real competition for the DM role and it could push him on.

Has been very loyal and a certainty for the Hall of Fame.

Trybull has been brought in as another deep-lying distributor. Stiepermann can play as a holding midfielder apparently. Godfrey has been used there in pre season and was good v Southampton in the cup last season. There''s also Adam Phillips as a future midfielder in that role. I''d say the possibilities look bleak for Tettey if he doesn''t play vs Charlton in the cup!

Thanks Olano. I agree that he has never really had competition as his kind of DM is hard to come by imo.

I understand if he wants to leave and I hope that Ben Godfrey can step into his shoes as Reed (good as he is) is only a loan. That said Tybull is another option.

With all the player changes on the pitch this season I am not convinced Tettey is the first name on the team sheet these days. He''s had ongoing injury issus over previous years and has discipline issues racking up endless yellow cards. Perhaps his time with us is coming to the end.

The main problem at the moment is Reed. He''s been getting better every game and scored a great goal midweek, can''t see him being dropped to please Tettey. Farke has said he wants consistency from his players and in terms of a line-up and at this stage the squad needs to gel so I agree.

It''s a long season, Tettey will get his turn. But with him not being able to play every game unfortunately it''s natural he will play less - same goes for Wes.

Tetteys proved to be a great signing for us. If he stays I''m sure his turn will come.

What is interesting is all summer I''ve been hearing that we have down graded the squad and yet now these down grades are keeping out some of the old guard.