Sign in to follow this  
Paul101

Loving Zimmermann

love Zimmermanns attitude after the Swindon game he went over to the children and spent ages signing autographs and by all reports he did the same after qpr

and on the pitch I think he will just get better and better

Agree, he signed my boys trainers. I believe he will end up being a NCFC Legend!

Think he''s pleased to be here and is enjoying the challenge!

Sounds a great guy. Love his attitude, and that little bit of time means an awful lot to the kids.

Hope he''s enjoying it, he was outstanding at Fulham. He is getting more game time than I thought he would - but so far his performances have merited it.

His press conference today was outstanding. Eloquent and intelligent, with feet clearly on the ground.

Really seems to have bought into the club and has a second nature that wants to relate to the supporters. Epitomises the refound bond between club, players and supporters.

He realises he has come here as back up and has lucked out getting in getting game time - has he missed a minute yet including the whole of pre season?

He knows he still has much to learn but if he continues to learn as fast as he is, I can see him becoming a fans favourite and a fixture in the team.

Icing on the cake now would be to give us a goal, and what better place to do it than Villa Park.

OTBC

Of course Zimmermann is loving it here -- so are the other German staff...They''ve escaped Merkel''s madness [:|]

Yes, good interview, great character and some interesting points, e.g. about the novelty of CB v attacker challenges in which apparently anything goes. I.E. For him and Farke (and by implication the other imports including Klose), adapting to the English game is as much about differences in refereeing as the pace of the game etc. Reminded me of how Peter Crouch was rendered largely ineffective in the Euros because referees blew up and gave him cards for what here would be regarded as normal and acceptable aggression and physicality.

[quote user="Jools"]Of course Zimmermann is loving it here -- so are the other German staff...They''ve escaped Merkel''s madness [:|][/quote]

Strange how things change. Germans are genuinely shocked that a Nazi sympathiser is President of the USA and is apparently supported by the British Prime Minister. Meanwhile they have the greatest world politician of her generation and living standards most of us can only dream of.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Reminded me of how Peter Crouch was rendered largely ineffective in the Euros because referees blew up and gave him cards for what here would be regarded as normal and acceptable aggression and physicality.[/quote]This did make me wonder if that was the only sensible reason that Holt didn''t get the call-up to the Euro''s after our first season back under Lambert, as he was head and shoulders above pretty much everyone bar Rooney that season, but his physical approach would likely have been massively frowned on by overly pedantic, Euro ref''s...