Sign in to follow this  
shyster

Nathan Tyson

He wants to leave Wycombe in January -- Ashton could very well leave City in January -- Tyson has scored 11 goals already this season -- Man City, West Brom & them up the road are interested -- We could probably get him for half a million quid, leaving plenty of change from the Ashton sale to strenghten other areas and/or buy Davenport.

Whad''ya reckon?

No ashton no goals no promotion no thanks.

Will spurs sell Davenport?  Will we sell Ashton?  Shacks and doc will be good enough for us in this leagu; if we are in the running for re-promotion we wont let ashton go and davenport may be a good signing for a prem season..

Tyson has been around for several seasons and blows hot and cold;  if he was good enough he wouldhave been successful somewhere else by now.  Not good enough for our promotion aspirations.

Too many ifs and buts at the moment - but currently would prefer to miss out on davenport if the only way we could get him was by selling deano. 

OTBC

"Tyson has been around for several seasons and blows hot and cold;  if he was good enough he wouldhave been successful somewhere else by now.  Not good enough for our promotion aspirations."

Fair point - Steve Coppell, on his arrival at Reading, obviously didn''t see any potential in Tyson where he was cast aside in the 2003 season, but since joining Wycombe, Tyson has vastly improved, hence the interest of bigger clubs -- Last season he scored 22 league goals & already has 11 this season -- Surely that''s sign of a player making steady progress?

Regardless of the outcome of Ashton & Davenport, if he were available for peanuts, I still reckon he''d be a good purchase.

And if we''re talking about players/strikers being good enough for our promotional aspirations & with taking injuries into account, are Mckenzie, Henderson & Jarvis good enough to take us back to the Premier? 

[quote]No ashton no goals no promotion no thanks. Will spurs sell Davenport? Will we sell Ashton? Shacks and doc will be good enough for us in this leagu; if we are in the running for re-promotion we wont...[/quote]

ZLF - Although I agree with what you say, where was Deano when we won the league? He is our main source of goals, and I really hope we keep him for as long as possible, but all this talk of "Kissing away promotion" if we sell Deano is over the top. But as I said, I really hope we dont sell him!

Nathan Tyson would be a class signing. Yes he does blow hot and cold but you have to remember he is still very young and most young players do. However when he does blow hot, hes boiling. Could be got for less than 500k as has less than a year left on his contract and refuses to sign a new one. He can also play right-wing but is naturally a striker and a bloody good one. When Lisbie is off I reckon we should try and get him.

[quote]I''m sure Deano won''t leave in Janaury. However, when Lisbie goes back (possibly in a few weeks) we will be a striker light. If we''re going to get another striker I''d like us to look at Tyson[/quote]

How greedy are you DDIM?  Another striker?  Ashton, Jarvis, Henderson, Thorne, McVeigh, Huckerby and McKenzie not enough for you?

IMO we already have better than Tyson.  McKenzie has a 50% strike rate in this league and a third of the games he has played have been as a sub.  Ashton is pushing close to a 60% strike rate and Thorne is not too shabby either at 45% for the last 5 seasons.  Tyson also has a 50% strike rate but has only played 1 full season at a lower standard and he would come here as no more than back up even if Ashton was to leave. 

No disrepect to the boy or the idea of signing him but there are other players like Lee Trundle who may be worth looking at first.