Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Villa Match Thread

[quote user="Mello Yello"]You couldn''t make it up.......Opposition struggling in their previous games.......that''s until.......we play them.......[/quote]Well apparently they did play reasonably well previously according to commentators although losing, so this was never going to be easy.

Perhaps Herr Farke will now accept that it is a good idea to play your best goal scorer if you want to score goals. Fortunately for Villa after their poor start to the season that had us to play at home. Result was totally predictable especially without starting line up. Never mind we are only 3 points off the play offs.

😊😊😊😊

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="paul moy"]The idea is to be winning at the end. [/quote]The idea is to score more goals than the opposition. How do you do that with an impotent striker on the pitch and "the best striker in the League" sitting on the bench for 70 minutes.[/quote]Perhaps because sometimes he gets sent off after 18 minutes ? [/quote]Now you really are clutching at straws. So how any times has he be sent off and how many times has he been sent off after 18 minutes?Without looking it up, I suspect that it''s not a regular or frequent occurance.On the other hand, how many easy chances has Jerome missed the last 2 seasons

Defence has been woeful today. I bet Gunn is rethinking his decision to join us. Can''t help thinking that Farke''s team selection and inability to change things at the right time have been our undoing. Let''s hope the lessons have been learned but since our defence has been bad for the last five years, I suspect not.

we change keeper and from back 4 keep Martin who is shadow,added 2 German Centre back from 2nd and 3rd League and also 3rd choise Boro Left back.

How this can work in first games?

If this even work will need much time.

Hope to keep few class players that we still have and after international break +some injured players back to be much more solid.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Perhaps Herr Farke will now accept that it is a good idea to play your best goal scorer if you want to score goals. Fortunately for Villa after their poor start to the season that had us to play at home. Result was totally predictable especially without starting line up. Never mind we are only 3 points off the play offs.

😊😊😊😊[/quote]Alex Neil was of that mind when he played Olly against Rotherham last season......[:@]

Entire back 4 need dropping. Not one of them were remotely acceptable today. Martin was best of them but the bar was incredibly low. Reed was terrible, vrancic similar. Cam anonymous.

Only players to emerge with any credit were josh and angus (and the subs). Stiepermann was good when central but shocking out wide.

I can take losing but this was shambolic.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]I bet Gunn is rethinking his decision to join us. [/quote]He only came here for experience and he''s getting plenty of that

Come on, nobody actually thought we''d win today against a winless Villa did they? The manager even gave us all a clue by ruining the game for us with his shocking starting line up.

We have to do better, and soon, because 4 games gone and it''s not about there being 42 left, it''s about needing to build confidence before we get into a rut of bad results. Hopefully by late September/early October we will have found some rhythm because right now it is looking poor.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="paul moy"]The idea is to be winning at the end. [/quote]The idea is to score more goals than the opposition. How do you do that with an impotent striker on the pitch and "the best striker in the League" sitting on the bench for 70 minutes.[/quote]Perhaps because sometimes he gets sent off after 18 minutes ? [/quote]Now you really are clutching at straws. So how any times has he be sent off and how many times has he been sent off after 18 minutes?Without looking it up, I suspect that it''s not a regular or frequent occurance.On the other hand, how many easy chances has Jerome missed the last 2 seasons[/quote]Yes, but Olly has now missed almost five games due to dodgy temperament. He has to regain trust.

Why''s everyone moaning about Nelson Oliveria when we''ve changed four defenders, gone to five at back and continue to ship goals.

[quote user="kick it off"]Entire back 4 need dropping. Not one of them were remotely acceptable today. Martin was best of them but the bar was incredibly low. Reed was terrible, vrancic similar. Cam anonymous.

Only players to emerge with any credit were josh and angus (and the subs). Stiepermann was good when central but shocking out wide.

I can take losing but this was shambolic.[/quote]

The problem is, who do we drop them for? We''re not exactly well stocked in that department.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Nuff Said"]So you''re pleased we''re losing 3-1? Nuff said.[/quote]You can believe whatever you want.

[/quote]Well, I base my beliefs on evidence. From what I can see, you''re not gutted because we went another goal down. You''ve got the chance to argue otherwise, but aren''t. What would you expect me to believe?[/quote]Tell you what, go back through all my posts for the last 13 years and then tell me what you think.4-2 BTW.[/quote]Yeah right, because I''ve got nothing better to do. If you want to defend yourself, do so, but on what I see you''re one of the sadly many posters on here who delight in seeing us concede or lose if it justifies their pet theories. If every time you post, you want whoever reads it to review your 13 years of posting history I would suggest you''re expecting too much, and perhaps need to be clearer in what you write.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Yeah right, because I''ve got nothing better to do. If you want to defend yourself, do so, but on what I see you''re one of the sadly many posters on here who delight in seeing us concede or lose if it justifies their pet theories. If every time you post, you want whoever reads it to review your 13 years of posting history I would suggest you''re expecting too much, and perhaps need to be clearer in what you write.[/quote]My posts are entirely based on what I see or hear at any particular moment in time.I''m neither a serial whinger nor someone who is blinded by the hype.I''m just a honest supporter, not a sheep.I want our Club to do well but that doesn''t prevent me from saying something something is wrong if I believe it is wrong.

We have owners who just cannot compete we will hit league one again within 3 years and banking all the millions from sales and parachute money then buying in shed loads of players who would be better off at Lowestoft won''t help . Have said it for years until Delia and family do one this club is only going one way and that''s down .

With possession stats of 71% for the Sunderland game, and 63% for today, and we lose both games by 2 goals, then something has to change, and fast

Rule 1......Do not criticise the club even if you feel it is justified......all the other forum Rules - are as Rule 1......

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Were you saying that when we were in the prem ?[/quote]I have been completely consistent since I went to my first match at Carrow Rd in 1957.

Making Plans. I am with you all the way. You are consistent in your comments and observations and I abhor the ignorant abuse you are currently receiving.

Let''s all say nice things about the game today......We were dreadfully unlucky.....There, it''s so easy isn''t it.......

You are so right Mello, nobody can criticise lovely Delia or her plaything!

If you do you will be leaving yourself wide open to those who know what''s best, or even worse be labelled a Binner!

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]Were you saying that when we were in the prem ?[/quote]I have been completely consistent since I went to my first match at Carrow Rd in 1957.[/quote]
Only consistent in that you say relatively nothing when we win. I say more when we lose than you say when we win and I''m the ultimate clapper. All posters on here see is what we post. And that''s why Frank was saying those things.

Based on the BBC stats Villa had a shot every 100 seconds of possession, we on the other hand every 378 seconds of possession.

Whatever way you look at it, it appears our midfield play today may have been the weak link overall, by not shutting down the Villa attacks and/or not creating the opportunities the other end.

Would these stats have been different had Wes and Maddison started, we will never know but I suspect they may have been.

First half cost us. Second half we were more competitive.

Martin had a poor game and never really impoved. The other defenders seemed to improve a little second half.

Oliviera was carrying a knock hence not starting. Saying that i dont see he would have given us anything better than Jerome because we never got the ball up there in the first half anyway!

Terrific game from Josh was the only positive really.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Only consistent in that you say relatively nothing when we win. [/quote]That''s because my expectations are high. What do you want me to do when the manager/player does what they are paid to do?Yes I''m pleased when we play well and win but I''m not one that goes overboard & does somersaults on the roof.