Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Villa Match Thread

[quote user="rock bus"]Certainly a brave move by Farke and I hate to think what this place will be like if we lose.

But he''s the manager and I think it''s good he is prepared to use the squad and change approach depending on opposition. At least no one can say he only has a plan A and isn''t willing to mix things up.

I guess the other point is that Bruce would''ve spent the last week preparing to mark Hoolahan and Naismith out of the game and preventing intricate passes to Oliveira. Villa will now need to dea with a possibly more direct and robust approach[/quote]

Maddison not Naismith (sadly marking Naismith out of a game might be a lot easier!)

I don''t have any problem at all in the team selection - Farke sees his players day-in day-out, knows who has a knock and who doesn''t, presumably has a game plan and yet it''s written off by some before a ball is kicked.

You couldn''t make it up.

I see nothing wrong with starting solid and as the game wears on introduce a bit more guile and skill.

Looking forward to seeing what Reeferman can do for us.

If Farke exudes and Instills confidence in the players ,as I believe he is doing then we will be approaching the kind of team ethic that PL inspired before he jumped ship on us at the first ''decent'' offer.

We may not get promoted this season, but I like the way things are being done.

Exactly Branston.

Someone said that Farke leaves himself open to criticism but I don''t expect he cares in the slightest and not should he, he is the one with the qualifications to do the job and who works with the players every day. He has to pick the team he thinks will do the job, not the one which will appease supporters.

Strange team selection but hopefully works out. Plenty of quality to come off the bench if needed

Fortune favours the brave, and criticism can be positive as well as negative.Our Clubs new approach has already led to surprising arrivals and departures, why not team selections too?I am happy to witness this transition period as we clearly cannot compete in the Money Game, but we can be a very smart well run Club .That in itself would be a good foundation for the future build.Now Boys go out, get 3 points and leave Villa at the bottom for another while.

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]Game over by half time Villa could well get 4 or 5 today .[/quote]Do you think you''ll beat Brentford?

Plenty of people on here think that Oliveira is the best striker in this League and we would not be able to replace hime.And yet, he can barely get a start in the team.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I don''t have any problem at all in the team selection - Farke sees his players day-in day-out, knows who has a knock and who doesn''t, presumably has a game plan and yet it''s written off by some before a ball is kicked.

You couldn''t make it up.[/quote]Agreed. It makes sense to start with Jerome as he will be fresher than Oliveira and more solid to start this match. I''m not surprised at all with the selection as it''s a squad game. 

[quote user="Making Plans"]Plenty of people on here think that Oliveira is the best striker in this League and we would not be able to replace hime.And yet, he can barely get a start in the team.[/quote]He''ll get a lot of starts.  We''ve only played a few games and he missed a start due to his own stupidity.

We look poor, some good quick passing but it''s like watching them throw a hot potato around. Need someone to get their foot on the ball and dictate the play and control the tempo because it certainly isn''t happening for us at the moment.

Plenty of people on here think that Oliveira is the best striker in this League and we would not be able to replace him

i agree i would like to see him play first 60 mins instead of last 30 more chance of scoring with him in the side

and all this tired stuff come off it top players play champions league plus PL and some alot more games than our players

Great from Josh, then ruined by crap defending the other end

Dire defending as per usual, this could be anything now.. Zim outmuscled just then again. Yawn.

Poor at the back. Not as if we don''t know the problem but when will it be addressed.