Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Bonkers game at the Den

"I''m not familiar with Ipswich''s injury situation. Which players are missing & in which positions?"

As usual they are making the most out of adversity ... they are used to that stance.

Apart from the world-beater Tom Adeyemi, who has flu, they have a Cardiff cast off who they have previously borrowed and a fragile youngster, with a bit more skill than they are used to, who was destined to only last five minutes in the Championship in any case.

I think Donkey Smith might be out as well, the rest are nonentities.

The only player they should really be concerned about injury-wise is David McGoldrick (sorry ''Didzy'') as he''s the only one capable of being near our squad.

Having now played three consecutive games Mr. Sick Note is due an injury soon.

They have had the easiest opening fixtures in the entire league. The positive is that this has resulted in McCarthy''s tenure being more secure.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]The sobering truth is that Ipswich are 8 points clear of us and were only halfway through August! Lose tonight and we''ll be looking up to them for a good 4 weeks at least.

Ipswich''s squad on paper looks at best very average, but they have hardworking players capable of grinding out results. Which is more than we can say at the moment.

Yes their Ipswich, but take nothing away from their start. I very much doubt we''d have taken maximum points from their fixtures at this stage.[/quote]I get what you''re saying lincoln, they''re cr@p but they''re still much better than us. [:S]

Just a typical Lincoln post to big up our rivals when there''s literally nothing about them to big up.

They had hard-working players last season, remind me how many more points they finished on than our premadomma lazy money grabbing squad did? Oh...right.

9 goals from 8 shots on target.

That is a healthy dose of luck.

[quote user="hogesar"]Just a typical Lincoln post to big up our rivals when there''s literally nothing about them to big up.

They had hard-working players last season, remind me how many more points they finished on than our premadomma lazy money grabbing squad did? Oh...right.[/quote]

I''m not tying to ''big up'' our rivals. I just find it rather stupid how you and others can say how poor Ipswich are, and how much better our squad is when we''re currently 8 points behind them in the league!

"I''m not tying to ''big up'' our rivals. I just find it rather stupid how you and others can say how poor Ipswich are, and how much better our squad is when we''re currently 8 points behind them in the league!"

You are really Lincoln.

One of the "star" players they claim they are missing and who will make them even better is Adeyemi. Would you want him in our squad?

8 points? The last time I looked we had played one less game.

The difficulty of our prospective fixtures has already been mentioned.

Besides, us Canaries deride ITFC, whatever the facts.

Ipswich will not last long, you know it Lincoln. Previous seasons they''ve started well and fallen flat on their faces as much as they deserve it. We''ve had two tough games, one draw against probably our hardest away game of the season and the loss v a Sunderland team who had been in the Premiership for quite a few seasons - they may have been poor last season but it''s still Premiership credentials.

Now look whom Ipswich have played and with elements of luck. We''ll turn this around quickly once settled but not relying on an element of luck but playing football.

Interesting that the Scummer in his first post claims they have 10 out injured and in the next  post talks of 5 or 6 !

All these rubbish posts making so much of where we are in the table both now, and most likely later in the season to, compared to Ipswich.In a normal season, for both sets of fans, there is of course the local bragging rights for who finishes above whom, for quite a time now headed by City. This season, for me anyway, i dont give a stuff  for once who finishes above whom, such is the complete new set up we have at Carrow Road, we are basically scrapping everything thats gone before in past seasons and starting from scratch. We could produce anything from league 2 to Premiership form and results this season, such is the total unknown factor here. I would suggest Mr, Keano, your club has had some 16 years to get used to this division, and a manager who has had 5 or 6 years, so aint it about time your team did something positive?Also, if you consider your team to be in such good shape for the season, maybe you should start comparing them to Wolves, Middlesboro etc, the teams who are expected to do well? Also, if you really took the time to check our injury list, players out both long term and medium term, also those  trying hard to make their way back, but still not totally fit, you would see a list every bit as long as Towns.

Adeyemi, Bishop, Huws & Hyam - yet to play this season

Celina / Gerken - both struggled with a virus so currently not fit.

Dozzell - out for the season with ACL

Webster/Smith - both out for 7-8 weeks

Downes - youngster who should be fit for weekend.

6 of those are CM''s - so a fairly patched up side been playing in recent weeks

You''re talking as if you''ve signed a host of proven Championship players as opposed to the 4th tier Germans you''ve signed to go with your German reserve team coach? I presume he was just the cheapest option!?

All that with your last year of parachute payments before you''re absolutely skint and forced to cut the wage bill further next summer.

£1 per point Keano. That''s what I''ll pledge here and now. For every point you finish above us I will put £1 into Rays Funds presentation pot. You have been posting on our forum since 2010 so you must like it here. So how about pledging £1 a point for if we finish above you. Even if last year is repeated it would only cost you £15 and I''m guessing you''re more confident than last year.