Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Bonkers game at the Den

What''s that 3 for Waghorn and 2 for Garner yet a goalless Jerome offers so much more , some people just have not got a clue all you need from a striker is goals a striker who cannot hit a barn door is a waste of a starting place .

Phew, thanks KIO I thought I understood football even less for a brief second.

Scum, binners, dump of a town, lowlife...I could and would like to continue Pliff.

I normally dont grace you with a response TTGD because it seems unfair to argue against someone of your....ability.

But remind me when the last time was either of those netted 15 goals in this league? 10?

Jerome is comfortably better.

Pliff, you complain about the use of the word scum and then use two expletives in your next post. I presume from this huge act of hypocrisy and stupidity that you are in fact a bin dipping scummer*

*bet this goes down well

Do you have a family or are you in a relationship because if you are I feel sorry for them all you seem such an arsenal and an angry deluded man

I''m quite amused by Pliff - telling me to grow up and getting a life whilst swearing and getting irate over the use of a common (and accurate) use of basic footballing terminology. Like I said, if you''re a city fan and can''t tolerate the scum being called the scum, then kindly do one and let a proper fan have your seat at games, if you''re a scummer then I''m not sure why you think showing it gets under your skin would discourage any city fan from calling you what you are.

Good luck to them, it''s unlikely that they''ll be able to keep it up. The fixtures have been kind to them so far - but you still have to beat what''s in front of you and that''s 2 away wins.

I seem to recall the computer being kind to a team last season, with some not so bad fixtures to start the season, and the team being Champs leaders on 27 points.....anyway, good start for them, give them their dues, if you are interested in that sort of thing.  What they do down the road is maintain the status quo, maybe it will even get them a few hundred more bottoms on seats.What we are doing in our  neck of the woods is bravedom and boldness, not status quo-ism. Let them wallow in their ecstatic delight at besting Barnsley and Millwall, 2 away wins though, points is points.

Is it just my yellow tinted spectacles or is this really not a game they should be soiling themselves over? Seriously, watch the highlights.
Relegation fodder team (albeit away, at a tough ground to visit) and they scraped a 4-3 after somehow conspiring to concede 3 goals with atrocious defending (to a strikeforce spearheaded by Steve Morison), several missed Millwall chances, and the keeper scrambling and just about saving the 3 points after a ridiculous error nearly costing them a 4th. 
In terms of attacking prowess they offered a speculative shot which 99 times in 100 any keeper in the division would have saved... except this one somhow managed to flap it into his own net, two tap ins from 5 yards out and a header off a free kick. They''re hardly 1970 Brazil.
Let them revel in it, they''ve probably collected about 25% of their total points haul this season already. They won''t be troubling the top half this season.

Big Mick gets a pint out of a half pint and runs on hot air most of the time. Credit where credit is due we could have done a lot worse than a championship manager that actually knows what they are doing eg big Mick or warnock

4 wins from 4 - all won by playing with a completely decimated squad (10 injuries last night) - it''d be very interesting to seee how you''d get on with anywhere near that amount of players injured seeming as you''re struggling with just Pritchard being out at present.

You were all getting very excited about an away point at Fulham - in a game where you should''ve been 3 or 4 down at half-time - they''re yet to win a game!

We will only get better once senior players return to fitness and we make 1-2 more signings.

Regards

Mr Chittock

Oh, Keano showing his face after 4 lucky wins against relegation fodder.

Guess youll have disappeared again in about a month when, as per, our positions have changed...

We may well drop off. Especially if these injuries continue at the rate they are. But you''ll be nowhere near the top.

The 4th tier Germans are just not up to it. You don''t have time to be patient. Fail to go up this season and there will be another raft of sales and apparently a smaller budget than what we were operating with last season.

The fixtures certainly play a part. Ipswich have played Birmingham, Barnsley and Millwall, 3 teams not really expected to do much this season (you still have to get results though so cant really fault them there).

We have had Fulham away (nightmare game for Norwich, promotion favorites) & Sunderland (unknown quantity but have gone back to basics)

However I cant disagree with the main point of Keano''s second paragraph. Failure to achieve promotion would have to lead to sales to make up for the loss of parachute payments & smaller budget. The big issue is running out of valuable ''assets''

[quote user="King Keano"]4 wins from 4 - all won by playing with a completely decimated squad (10 injuries last night) - it''d be very interesting to seee how you''d get on with anywhere near that amount of players injured seeming as you''re struggling with just Pritchard being out at present.

You were all getting very excited about an away point at Fulham - in a game where you should''ve been 3 or 4 down at half-time - they''re yet to win a game!

We will only get better once senior players return to fitness and we make 1-2 more signings.

Regards

Mr Chittock[/quote]

I think had we played Birmingham, Barnsley and Millwall then we would probably have 9 points as well. No coincidence that both yourselves Cardiff and Boro have notched a few early wins given who you have had to play. The fixture list has been kind to you (unlike Wolves who must be taken seriously given who they have beaten in their opening 3) but fair play also to McCarthy who continues to manage to polish the t**d he has been handed remarkably well. Its amusing that many of your fanbase want him out (although they won''t now he''s won a couple presumably) given where you would likely be I they got their wish.

Not concerned about any of your senior players returning to fitness to be honest.

Ps I shouldn''t really get involved with any prolonged response but if you think the only player we are missing is Pritchard then you are very much mistaken. Even Murphy, Hoolahan and Pinto three who are now back in the squad are not fully fit yet.

They have made an excellent start and have done all they can in getting good results from 3 winnable games. From last season we know that a good start is nice but may yet mean nothing.

The story of the matches is interesting though, all three leagues wins have seen them on the back foot and scoring pretty much against the run of play. Fantastic finishing from the strikers so far but can they keep that up. Reading last season proved you can make the play offs by not being the best team on the pitch; will Tahn be able to repeat that this season?

I will pobabbly be proved wrong but personally I suspect that results will soon revert to the mean and they will start to slowly slip down the table as their finishing deteriorates and they meet better sides.

That''s highly possible. The flip side is that when we get our 1st team on the pitch that we''re far better equipped to deal with what teams throw at us.

We''ve also not been out played aside from the first half at Barnsley. There are no easy away games either. You''ve drawn away to Fulham who haven''t won a game yet, God alone knows how they''re promotion favourites. You''ve then been beaten easily at home to Sunderland - if your meant to be in the promotion mix, surely you don''t get thumped like that at home to another promotion candidate?

We''re far better than any previous seasons in terms of squads as the best 4 games have shown being completely decimated but winning all 4 games whilst missing 5-6 key players.

Fulham are a decent side who will be in the mix. They will certainly finish above any of your opponents thus far and there is a reasonable chance that both Barnsley and Millwall will end up in the bottom 3. Barnsley may improve though over time as they are trying to integrate a large number of new players into their side.

We weren''t easily beaten or thumped by Sunderland but they did take advantage of some errors we made at key moments in the game and some issues to be ironed out with the way we are now playing. I''m quite confident that these will be sorted and we will start to pick up wins on a regular basis. Whether we have enough to challenge for the top 2 I don''t know but I expect both us and Fulham to be challenging for the top 6. Our joy at getting a point at Fulham was however more due to our appalling record on that ground over the years.

I would be surprised if Ipswich challenge for the top 6. If you do then McCarthy will have done a fantastic job give the dross he has to work with.

Do Ipswich even have any key players? A glance at their squad suggests a team of lower league journeymen with a couple unnoticed youth players

[quote user="King Keano"]4 wins from 4 - all won by playing with a completely decimated squad......[/quote]I''m glad you''ve started well, should put a few on the gate for your next home game. Perhaps then you''ll be able to pay off  the St Johns Ambulance at last.

I''m not familiar with Ipswich''s injury situation. Which players are missing & in which positions?

The sobering truth is that Ipswich are 8 points clear of us and were only halfway through August! Lose tonight and we''ll be looking up to them for a good 4 weeks at least.

Ipswich''s squad on paper looks at best very average, but they have hardworking players capable of grinding out results. Which is more than we can say at the moment.

Yes their Ipswich, but take nothing away from their start. I very much doubt we''d have taken maximum points from their fixtures at this stage.