Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Hang on in there

I may be in a small minority but think we need patience - we are only 4 games into the season, with maybe 75% of personnel changed and largely a brand new team and management set up. Calling for Farke''s head so soon in the season is so short term. Neil used to always allude to needing to learn and for the most part fans accepted it. Farke has a far steeper learning curve coming into the Championship. For heaven''s sake, can we not have some patience and at least let the season settle...perhaps 10 games. It isn''t perfect at the moment... the team selection today for example, who knows maybe the recruitment won''t be successful. I''m not a happy clapper, nor a miserablist, just a fan who wants to see good football and for us to be very competitive. If after a good run of games we are still leaking goals or look a soft touch, then criticism will carry more weight. Any kind of major change in a work situation, in our own lives, let alone a football team, so often takes a while to work itself through. This isn''t a case of keeping the faith, but just keep supporting the team. There is much more of a basis for optimism with much needed summer change. Villa away and a loss at a ground where we hardly ever perform shouldn''t be the point for calling for heads.

Great post Sony I thought we were good second half today just unlucky with deflected 3rd goal and possible hand ball for 4th. Too many people on here worried about Ipswich being 8 points ahead of us I will say now we will finish above them

Totally agree, but a couple points, seen posters today comparing us with Huddersfield first season under Wagner, said it before, we aren''t Huddersfield and theirs is a once in a very long time turnaround on a budget.

We start from a far different point, it might well take many years to get to a point where we challenge for promotion again. Think we might need to be more patient than some would like.

Second it''s clear that there are teams with big money behind them, there will be tree teams relegated with bags of money to spend, so we''re going to have to accept that any stars which we develop might need to be sold to balance the finances.

But definitely agree with the OP.

It''s not the learning curve for Farke that is the problem,the problem is Farke was just a 3rd rate German reserve league coach and the step was and is a step too far.

How does choosing to do something you want with your available spends in your leisure time suddenly become this selfless giving up of your day and hard earned etc etc etc....

Spot on.

What''s annoyed me most, and many others, though is the whole "along come Norwich" gift and how we just never seem to be able to take advantage and cash in when we face a team who hasn''t won or scored for ages, it''s bl**dy frustrating. We even gave them a bonus today, first time they have scored 4 goals in a game for 2 or 3 years.