Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

First Four Games

Before a ball was kicked I doubt anybody expected us to get anything away to Fulham and Villa. The more confident would have suggested two home wins but many would have said a home draw and win. Or were people expecting good results at Villa and Fulham? 

Irrelevant of what we thought before a ball was kicked.

Fulham & Villa have hardly set the world alight so far.

Fair comment, but our next 4 games are Millwall, Charlton, Birmingham and Burton. 10 points expected if we are to be serious promotion/play-off contenders.

Maybe so but making predictions after the results are known is not difficult. So what are your predictions for the next 7 games? Mine are:

Millwall (a). D

Birmingham (h) W

Burton (h) W

Sheffield Utd (a) L

Bristol City (h) D

Middlesbrough (a) L

Reading (a) L

That would give us 12 points from 11 games and would indicate mid-table.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Maybe so but making predictions after the results are known is not difficult. So what are your predictions for the next 7 games? Mine are:

Millwall (a). D

Birmingham (h) W

Burton (h) W

Sheffield Utd (a) L

Bristol City (h) D

Middlesbrough (a) L

Reading (a) L

That would give us 12 points from 11 games and would indicate mid-table.[/quote]
Crafty, I think we will get 10/11 points from those games. 

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Next 4 games. Difficult to get 10 points from 3 league games[/quote]
If we don''t it will be Martin''s fault.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Fair comment, but our next 4 games are Millwall, Charlton, Birmingham and Burton. 10 points expected if we are to be serious promotion/play-off contenders.[/quote]I can tell you for a fact we will get zero points from Charlton. Want to bet?

I would agree with the projections of the next 7 games but hope that a win at millwall could be possible given that they are relegation candidates. A haul of 12 from 11 would see us hovering above the bottom 3 or 4 and probably 10 points off second place. This suggests a bottom half finish unless we can put a good run together

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Next 4 games. Difficult to get 10 points from 3 league games[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh look the resident idiot details another thread with another idiotic comment!

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Next 4 games. Difficult to get 10 points from 3 league games[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh look the resident idiot details another thread with another idiotic comment![/quote]
I think you''re ill Baldy. Or maybe you should take more water with it...

[quote user="worsethandeath"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]Fair comment, but our next 4 games are Millwall, Charlton, Birmingham and Burton. 10 points expected if we are to be serious promotion/play-off contenders.[/quote]I can tell you for a fact we will get zero points from Charlton. Want to bet?[/quote]Ah yes. More haste less speed.Should still be winning our next 3 league games though.

As you know Nutty I''ve never bought into this director of football and head coach thing especially when Farke was appointed head coach. So very sadly we are about where I''d have expected us to be. After the next 5-6 games I don''t honestly believe we will be much further on. From the next 5 games I predict 7 points.

I know you havent Inchy. I''m hopefull it works out. But no more than that because none of us know. However what we were doing wasn''t working. By all accounts we were ready to spend 13m on McCormack a year ago. That''s well scarey and I''d take what we have now over that all day long.

I''d love to see us winning and sitting at the top and live in hope that Farke can settle things down as I get bored of the managerial merry go round. With the time taken after AN was sacked I thought we may be lining up a decent proven manager who would steady the ship and then move us on,not another gamble that could or couldn''t work.

Well proven managers are hit and miss too. Walker, Stringer, Worthy and Lambert were hardly proven. Sometimes it works out. More often it doesn''t. But there''s no proven formula as far as I can see.

So far I see no difference to what AN was peddling and the current regime except a snazzy new song, tshirts to celebrate it, and yoga on the side of the pitch as a warm up. Hate to say it but seems a side ways move bar all the new ''flash-in-the-panisms.

Another week and we could have thrown some cash at it and got Thomas Tuchel :-)