Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

still too early to pass judgement

Who would have put money on us being. 8 points behind Ipswich after 4 games. It is too early to draw hard and fast conclusions about the new set up and team and 10 games in will give us a far better idea. That said early signs are mixed at best. This will be a very tight top half of the division this season with lots of teams dropping points a good run can move any club up the table. The defence and team selections have been mixed good results and performances against Fulham and QPR but two terrible no shows in the other two games. Panicking no concerned yes Farke needs to be ruthless and stick to his best squad or else we will be cut adrift by christmas

With Pritchard, Klose, Pinto all injured and Farke saying Nelson and Watkins were both carrying knocks, I really hope we have used up all of our bad luck with injuries for the season. Those are big players for us not to have ready to be a starter on match day.

Agree!!

We need to stay calm. 4 games in and yes it''s not been great but I still think we will come good.

Farke should keep his best team........look at Leicester when they won the league....not many changes in their team weekly.

I played at a good level and played 4 matches a week a lot of the time in my younger days - NCFC players should be able to do the same surely!! Maybe be a little more selective with Wes!?!?

Farke still learning and think he will admit he got it wrong today! He best do anyway haha

We don''t need to worry about the top half of the table Yorkshire, it''s the other end that we need to concern ourselves with

Promising signs in places, but the defence really doesn''t look up to it at the moment. Early days as you say, but so far we don''t look any better defensively than we did last season.

Of course it''s too early. The new players are having a steep learning curve as to the quality

there is in the championship. The confidence gained from the QPR match

was irellevant today through the sheer speed of the way Villa played, putting

so much pressure on the back four.  Martin you would expect to be used

to it - Zimmerman, Francke and Husband not so used to it. Reed may be

surprised too.  You could forgive them for thinking they would do better

today after the mid-week win - but in this league, you can''t live off

the success of the previous match - there are plenty of clubs with

players that can hurt you.They will acclimatise and they will learn. 

Agreed it is too early however 8 goals against in 4 games is really worrying. I predicted a mid-table finish and I see no reason the change that view after 4 games. Let''s see where we are after 10 games.

It is early but there are some really worrying signs - the defending is shambolic. A lot of the errors are central defending 101. It shouldn''t happen. We have been shipping goals for years now and i don''t see it changing any time soon. When was the last time villa scored four? I know RM is a lovely guy and all but no-one will convince me he is a centre back. We''ll have to score 120+ goals this season if we''re to challenge for promotion to account for the defending!

It is too early to pass judgement.....but it''s not to early to voice one''s concerns.....I so much want us to click in all areas of the squad and for us to climb up the league......I would hope it''s just a transitional phase and consistency and confidence coupled with solid displays and performances aren''t too far away.......

Games are coming quick, thick and fast and we don''t want to be playing ''catch up'' around late October early November time......

[quote user="birchfest"]With Pritchard, Klose, Pinto all injured and Farke saying Nelson and Watkins were both carrying knocks, I really hope we have used up all of our bad luck with injuries for the season. Those are big players for us not to have ready to be a starter on match day.[/quote]

... and people were asking why NO did not start ...... LOL

[quote user="Davo"]Agree!!

We need to stay calm. 4 games in and yes it''s not been great but I still think we will come good.

Farke should keep his best team........look at Leicester when they won the league....not many changes in their team weekly.

I played at a good level and played 4 matches a week a lot of the time in my younger days - NCFC players should be able to do the same surely!! Maybe be a little more selective with Wes!?!?

Farke still learning and think he will admit he got it wrong today! He best do anyway haha[/quote]

I don''t get this farke is still learning why the hell are we appointing people who need to learn about the league , you cannot beat experience of which he has none

It''s no good passing judgment full stop! It''s just discussing what''s happened thus far and opinions on this forum, better here than at the ground.

I''ll stand by Farke for a couple seasons, I''ve seen enough from all his signings to say they all show potential to be decent championship players in time. They are all new to this league and his use of Maddison & Murphy is encouraging. He''s not frightened to play his squad.

Just a shame our old pros can''t demonstrate and lead them b example.

Very Early in season but I think Farke has got to learn quickly

he has come from a league where winning is not number one Developing players ready for 1st team teaching them the Dortmund way comes first

he talks a good game and comes across as a good manager we need to see that real winning habit

Winning is number 1 for our club style is second

Could somebody inform the rest of the Championship to ease of the pedal a bit to allow our unacclimatised misfits time to work out this league is not a German reserve league. Many thanks.

So Inchy, who do you blame? Farke buying on a tight arse budget or the board for having to set their sights on a German reserve team manager and cut price players?

We''re in transition in more ways than one.

It might be too early to form concrete judgement, but there are more than enough indicators to suggest we will struggle this year.

Our transfer policy has the potential to be an absolute disaster. A potential fast being realised.

Today was shambolic. As bad as anything last year, villa could and probably should have had 7 goals today.

I''ve never joined in this anti board game,I lay the blame at Webber''s door for his choice of head coach. He''s tried to replicate what happened at Hudderfield and it''s going belly up. Every club is different and needs to be approached differently,trying to replicate what happened elsewhere is a massive gamble.

But it''s common knowledge that Webber was given the task of replicating his achievements of Huddersfield, given he''s young and stumbled on a successful set up, he''d try to replicate it here! So isn''t it the boards fault for allowing this set up? Inchy!

If you bring in this set up, shouldn''t he be given all funds from the Murphy sale as we''d already sold Howson & Dorrans?

I''m interested on who is to blame?

Also Inchy I''ve got a lot of time for Farke and his coaching team, I think we will be mid table and comfortable mid table. Given the budgets in this league that''s successful for our club in transition. Just my opinion.

It''s too early to pass judgement on what exactly? Where we''ll finish? I had my hopes and yet again dashed today by the classic ACN. Outside play offs. Too inconsistent. On that merit then whats the difference between what was before and now? I don''t buy the bedding in period. Professional players surely get the gist of what the manager wants straight away, it''s the same in any job. If you don''t get it then you hang on for 6 months and move on. This is a work in progress but what for? Perpetual existence in the Championship providing a spring board for talent that wants upper Champ or lower table PL? Brilliant. What a Webberlution. The beige revolution. But it''s ok because we provide the community a service and are in the top 3 of the country! I can sleep sound in my bed knowing that. Phew, thought we were trying to run a professional business for a second there but turns out it''s for the community and charities instead!

But that''s exactly where we are, no one can change that Morgan, it''s a Smith owned business which will be handed down.....

We have to accept these restrictions as it''s our size and set up, we need to be a selling club to balance books, first and foremost.

Then we have a risk strategy which in time might we''ll pay off, but we don''t have the millions to throw at it!

So like it or lump it that''s NCFC, 2017.

Are you speaking rubbish again Lincoln? Did you not see Brighton/Sheff Wed/Barnsley/Rotherham/Hudds or any number of poor performances last season?

First half was abysmal today, but we didn''t fold as in the above matches, and if it wasn''t for a really poor piece of refereeing we could well have got something today. No way near as bad as some away performances last season.

In that case Indy,the board made a mistake but the board will have to eventually rectify it if it continues along the current route. I honestly hope Farke can turn it around and settle things down but I''ve never been happy with his appointment,the sights were set too low.