Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Mark Rivers telling it like is

Farke got the line-up badly wrong. Oliveira should have started. Russell Martin should have been moved on in the summer. Spot on.

Great point by him. He said when he played 10-15 years ago the team could play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday no problem, and these days players are fitter so why can''t they do the same?

Martin only started because Pinto is injured again. He''s still a good squad player, and I doubt we can afford to get another quality right back in.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Great point by him. He said when he played 10-15 years ago the team could play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday no problem, and these days players are fitter so why can''t they do the same?[/quote]I think when Forest won the European Cup they played 63 games that season and used 16 players.But then, if Brian Clough told you you were fit, then you were fit.

But Oliviera didnt start because he was carrying a knock which kind of makes all the idiots on this forum look like, well, what they are.

Surprised they let him back on after he kept calling Wildschut ''windsh1*t" last time. He was hilarious on that day, a train wreck at times but really funny. Missed him this match as I watched on ifollow, shame, for once I regret not tuning into RN after watching that rubbish.

Still, very early days and it took Lambert 6 games in far more favourable circumstances to get us winning regularly and playing well when he first took over, by this point in his reign we''d had just lost away to MK Dons which preceded a drab home draw and a draw away to newly promoted Gillingham. no need to panic yet, it was always likely that we''d have a tough start which such a change over the summer.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Great point by him. He said when he played 10-15 years ago the team could play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday no problem, and these days players are fitter so why can''t they do the same?[/quote]The Mark Rivers I saw only used to play for 60 minutes before he was subbed. Quite easy to play two games a week on that basis.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Great point by him. He said when he played 10-15 years ago the team could play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday no problem, and these days players are fitter so why can''t they do the same?[/quote]The Mark Rivers I saw only used to play for 60 minutes before he was subbed. Quite easy to play two games a week on that basis.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="hogesar"]He scored but he didnt ''do more'' than Jerome did.[/quote]Now this post is all kinds of special [:D] [:$]

I don''t have a problem with Marky R co-commentating, the ear to the wireless stiffo supporters need to lighten up......I find him quite humorous and informative with constructive criticism both during and after the games......

The chip?

You mean the effort from the right side outside area at 25 yards? When we were building attacking momentum, he decided to waste it with a shot that probably has a 1/100 success rate at best.

Its like no one has bothered to understand what our new structure is, our new philosophy and what''s required of our players? If people would rather froth at the mouth and stamp their feet then so be it, its not for me to say.

I''m a Jerome fan, but he''s was poor today. No doubt Oliveira should be starting ahead of him if fit

@Hoegsar

I''m confused, what part of Farke''s system do you think Jerome is doing more than Oliveria in?

We know it isn''t scoring goals as, well, he hasn''t done that yet and Nelson has. It also isn''t helping others score goals as from memory only one of our goals this season has come with Jerome on the pitch (the first one today).

Is it keeping possession? That doesn''t seem right as his pass completion this season is 73% compared to Nelson''s 80%.

Is it creating chances? Not according to stats again which suggest he''s not created one yet this season. He''s also only taken two shots all season apparently (both off target) so isn''t making much happen for himself either. I understand about taking hopeful pot shots maybe not being the best idea but I don''t see having a striker who doesn''t shoot as a positive really.

So what is it he''s doing so much better than Nelson? All I can think of is ''running about.''

He doesn''t suit the system or " philosophy" were adopting.

In truth farke should change the system to suit the players available not just carry on regardless suit the system and way we play to the players, not the other way around or results like this and Sunderland are inevitable. Rivers said today there''s no point in playing josh if you don''t let him go at defenders it''s the Sam with Jerome.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I don''t have a problem with Marky R co-commentating, the ear to the wireless stiffo supporters need to lighten up......I find him quite humorous and informative with constructive criticism both during and after the games......[/quote][Y] Absolutely - and he''s bang on with the Martin criticism.

Have to say the Mark Rivers was talking utter bilge - he was decent enough but Capt Pants is dead right, he rarely looked like lasting 90 mins let alone the rigours of Sat-Tues-Sat without getting an injury. Unfortunately for him, in ''telling it like it is'' he fell into the trap of making a number of his comments based on ignorant assumptions.