Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Nelson was carrying a knock FFS

Can we stop all this Farke got the team wrong because he dropped Oliviera stuff please?
He DID get the team wrong, badly, we had no creativity in midfield and looked absolutely toothless going forward because of it, but Nelson had a groin injury and needed physio this morning.
Yes it''s frustrating Nelson couldn''t start, I was at the game so more frustrated by it than most on here I''d wager, but I would have been a damn sight more frustrated if we''d started Nelson and he''d been stretchered off after 25 minutes and was out for the next 6 weeks because we''d knowingly risked him when he was carrying a knock.
I''m not trying to scorn anyone being negative, we need to be patient with this project, but you can''t polish a turd, and we were utterly useless today - Farke got it wrong on many levels, but not risking Nelson when he isn''t fully fit is not a stick to bash him with, so let''s try to stick to the realm of facts please.

Why put NO on the bench if he''s injured or carrying a knock then? We were chasing the game when he came on, what''s to say he may or may not have sustained a bad tackle or further injury between his introduction and full time? It''s a nonsensical argument to say he was carrying a knock so shouldn''t have started but then should be allowed to play carrying a knock/slight injury later in the game when opposition players are tiring and have a tendency to lunge or be late in the tackle?.....Just saying.....

so... do you start him and take the game to Villa before taking him off?or do you wait and bring him on when it could be game over?both these risk injury further.how many managers leave their best player on the bench when carrying a "knock"?i''d like to know exactly what a knock is.

NO is far from our best player - best goal scorer yes, but not our best player. Good as he is, he seems to be getting built up into mythical proportions that aren''t deserved.

I have to say some of our supporters are never happy unless whinging, so today has been a bit of a field day for them: whinging about the team selection before a ball is even kicked and without knowing why NO isn''t involved, for example, or why Martin''s playing (with Ivo unfit, I''m not sure who would have done?).

The fact is we are a work in progress, all the punt\fits and ex players have said patience is needed - it''s just sad that it is something lacking in so many ''supporters''.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I have to say some of our supporters are never happy unless whinging, so today has been a bit of a field day for them: whinging about the team selection before a ball is even kicked [/quote]I note that you made a comment about the team and you were happy with Farkes selection.Your opinion is fine by me but I, and most others, had a different opinion about the team selection and it wasn''t just about Oliveira.People were similarly bemused with the omission of Maddison and Hoolahan.Now you might call that whinging but I''d call it offering a different view. Is it that you want everybody to toe the Club line and all have the same opinion as you or do you want a forum that is balanced with differing opinions.And as it turned out, those of us who were what you class as "whinging" were 100% spot on.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]I have to say some of our supporters are never happy unless whinging, so today has been a bit of a field day for them: whinging about the team selection before a ball is even kicked [/quote]I note that you made a comment about the team and you were happy with Farkes selection.Your opinion is fine by me but I, and most others, had a different opinion about the team selection and it wasn''t just about Oliveira.People were similarly bemused with the omission of Maddison and Hoolahan.Now you might call that whinging but I''d call it offering a different view. Is it that you want everybody to toe the Club line and all have the same opinion as you or do you want a forum that is balanced with differing opinions.And as it turned out, those of us who were what you class as "whinging" were 100% spot on.

[/quote]

Hoolahan played midweek so it was unlikely he would start, due to his age.   Maddison, I would have like to see start, but had played two full games already and is a young player who I assume Farke does not want to burn out.  If I have any criticism of Farke it is the late substitution of Oliveira, but now knowing that he was very doubtful to play, having a groin issue, I can understand it.Let''s move on.........

Frankly I don''t believe him about Nelson and if Wes can''t play twice in a week (don''t believe that either) then stop playing him in league cup games and save him for the league. Will be really annoyed if Wes plays Tuesday and then doesn''t start at Millwall.

I have just watched the highlights.After darting into the box and scoring, NO leap frogs the goalie, quickly bends down to grab the ball from the net and then sprints back to the half way line.Didn''t see much evidence of an injury, knock or groin strain there and he obviously wasn''t concerned about it.He certainly looked fitter & quicker than our defenders.

Right, so 5 games into his managerial career people are calling Farke out as a liar. So much for patience, trusting him and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Re: the team selection I said I was happy enough with it, as we don''t know who is carrying a knock, what the tactics are etc. Ok it turned out crap, but those who criticise any and every choice a manager makes are bound to be right sometimes and wrong sometimes.

if Nelson was carrying a Knock he should not be on the bench

if Jerome got injured in the 1st minute Nelson would have had to play 89 mins

if he did have a knock we should have rested him completely why risk a player who is worth so much to us ??

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Right, so 5 games into his managerial career people are calling Farke out as a liar. So much for patience, trusting him and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Re: the team selection I said I was happy enough with it, as we don''t know who is carrying a knock, what the tactics are etc. Ok it turned out crap, but those who criticise any and every choice a manager makes are bound to be right sometimes and wrong sometimes.[/quote]I''m only commenting on what I''ve just seen not on what the Manager has claimed. According to Radio Norfolk yesterday afternoon during Canary Call, they said that they were told by the Club that ON had offered to start the game but Farke obviously decided against that for whatever reason. Not calling him a liar but he''s obviously been economical with the truth to cover his own backside.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]if Nelson was carrying a Knock he should not be on the bench

if Jerome got injured in the 1st minute Nelson would have had to play 89 mins

if he did have a knock we should have rested him completely why risk a player who is worth so much to us ??[/quote]

He couldn''t play from the start for obvious reasons but as Farke explained, Nelson could come on if needed for a few minutes........ not so difficult to understand surely......... listen to Farke''s post-match conference.

NO ''offering to play'' doesn''t exactly suggest he was 100% and imo it was the right call not to risk him from the start. If you look at Farke''s comments he''s given a pretty full account which doesn''t feel ''economical'' with the truth

remember when rvw played carrying a knock after "offering to play" and got injured and was out for a while and ended up never recovering for us.