Sign in to follow this  
grinner

cant put my finger on ashton

is it me our do you fellow fans see or feel what i do about ashton. he seems that he has yet to come to the table and be part of us. he seems a bit of a loner.almost a bit out of tune with his mates. like at school has it all but wont mix.

He is probably very forthcoming in training etc, but on the pitch is more quiet, focused and maybe even nervous. I wouldn''t worry too much about it, he is part of the team and even if he harbours thoughts of leaving he will still need to perform in order to win a decent move, but in January or later.

I agree that he does seem a player apart, that struck me after the hux goal on sunday, but if he is this shy focusd player we are led to believe then maybe it is to be expected?

Unlike some players he knows that he will only be at the club for a couple more seasons at the most,no matter what happens; he is likely to be destined to bigger and better things that realistically NCFC will ever beable oprovide him.  if things go badly for the club he may leave as early as Jan.  

Has the taste of prem football hastened his ambitions to play at that level all the time now, has seeing his U21 partner bent scoring for fun for Charlton, and getting a full squad call make him  think he is being left behind? Was he refused the chance to speak to citeh and resents being backed into a corner with the ''improved contract''?  Do other players resent his improved contract when he didnt want to be here?   

We can only speculate as to the reasons but as long as he continues to score at the rate of every other game I shall be happy - thats is what he is paid to do afterall - and if he is scoring the chances are the club will do well

I am more concerned that we are relying too much on him scoring and not getting the midfielders further forward to contribute to the tally.  

OTBC

Couldn''t care at all if he is a loner. He''s good at scoring goals, which he is employed to do.

And he''s Bl**dy good at at.

Deano..........Deano............Deano..............

Talked, slurred or burbled St John? especially at 1am!

Me? Everyone''s my best mate, I''m the most irresistible, eligible, interesting and articulate male at that time of the morn!.....I wish!

No he''s not a loner. He''s quite a mature chap for his age, and he will definitely go onto better things- without the ''baggage'' that some of the young and immature stars of Premiership sides tend to carry on their media pursued shoulders. He''s a good professional, and I for one, will be sad to see him leave this club...... OTBC ;~)

Deano is a natural goalscorer and even when not playing well he is capable of scoring goals. As for being refused permission to speak to citeh, I don''t think the club would have stopped him leaving if he was unhappy and he certainly looked happy enough the day he signed his new contract. I just hope that we go up this year which should then enable us to keep him for a couple more years but if we fail to get promoted we will lose him at the end of the season.