Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

The handball

Ok, I''ve just seen the highights.....how on earth was that handball missed by ALL of the officials.  Not only did he handball it, the handball took the ball away from the defender, giving him a totally unfair advantage.  I know we were under the cosh and struggling in a difficult match - but, we were only one goal behind and still in the match up to that point. Totally ludicrous from the officials. Official complaints should be made.

Clear handball right in front of us. How the linesman missed it I''ll never know.We''d started to get a bit of a head of steam up after pulling it back to 3-2 so who knows what would have happened if the handball had been disallowed although in truth Villa deserved to win.

I have more issue with the players who stopped playing than the officials for missing it. Officials make bad decisions all the time so there really is no excuse for not playing to the whistle.

[quote user="Clint"]I have more issue with the players who stopped playing than the officials for missing it. Officials make bad decisions all the time so there really is no excuse for not playing to the whistle.[/quote]It''s one of those that you see and think there is no way that it wouldn''t be given.  It beggars belief it wasn''t given as a free kick.

[quote user="Clint"]I have more issue with the players who stopped playing than the officials for missing it. Officials make bad decisions all the time so there really is no excuse for not playing to the whistle.[/quote]apart from Husband the others seem to play on, with an unfortunate slip by Zimmerman that allowed the shotbut it does come back to tighter marking, leave players enough time to set themselves up and they will shootwatch how many times we were blocked from shooting at the other endno lining up like chess pieces, just get in as close as you can with ''your man''

Managers make mistakes, players make mistakes, officials make mistakes.Sometimes mistakes go for you, sometimes mistakes go against you.That''s football.Best to worry about what we can control rather than moaning about things that we can''t control.

I''ve not seen it as I wasn''t there and haven''t bothered to watch the lowlights yet. However, if it was the worst decision ever made in a football match, it doesn''t matter, you always play to the whistle as there''s always a chance it won''t be given.

Clint wrote:

I have more issue with the players who stopped playing than the officials for missing it. Officials make bad decisions all the time so there really is no excuse for not playing to the whistle.

I have more of an issue with players who are not aware of what is happening around them and where attacking players are (first goal) and people who turn their backs on the ball (second and third goals) (if I was getting £20K a week they can hit hit all afternoon with a piece of leather filled with air if that''s going to stop a goal).

As a former keeper I would get greatly annoyed with defenders who would stand off players twenty yards out and allow shots to come in - this we saw time and time again.

I noticed that at the time, I bet Holloway loved getting into that changing room after the match to point it out to them as well.

I followed the game on Ifollow, (no commentary) and while it was obvious from the players'' reaction that it was handball, it took me three rewinds to figure out where it was. You might say I''m blind, but as there was no obvious hand movement "searching for" the ball and it happened instantaneously I can see (depending on the ref''s/linos'' position) how it could go unnoticed.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]I noticed that at the time, I bet Holloway loved getting into that changing room after the match to point it out to them as well.[/quote]
He may have done buddy. Or he may have marked Reed as one not to close down. He is not known for shooting.

Nutty, I think any player given that much room and time to set himself for a shot would do just that. He was less than 25 yards from goal.

I know it was impressive as far as we were concerned but I will be surprised if he is given that much time and space again this season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Wal"]I noticed that at the time, I bet Holloway loved getting into that changing room after the match to point it out to them as well.[/quote]
He may have done buddy. Or he may have marked Reed as one not to close down. He is not known for shooting.
[/quote]I don''t think that should have came into the equation, the QPR chap had amply time to get a challenge in if only to put Reed off his stride.he looked for all the world as he could not be ars ednot what you want from a player at the beginning of the seasonany idea who he is ?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 20/08/2017 8:29 PM:

Like I said "maybe''. But players get a load of instructions about opponents. I don''t know how they process it all.

As far as Mr Farke is concerned Reeds shooting is generally more of the Owen Farrell variety, perhaps he tipped the wink to Holloway 😉

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Like I said "maybe''. But players get a load of instructions about opponents. I don''t know how they process it all.[/quote]I think it is more a case of when one gets older that things like the short term memory begin to goI watched a game of that walking football a few months back - they were using the pitch before us, and twice I saw some old dodderer walk over to the corner with the ball - and I could see on his face his was thinking"now what have I come here for "

Maniacal Bill wrote the following post at 20/08/2017 9:00 PM:

nutty nigel wrote:

Like I said "maybe''. But players get a load of instructions about opponents. I don''t know how they process it all.

I think it is more a case of when one gets older that things like the short term memory begin to go

I watched a game of that walking football a few months back - they were using the pitch before us, and twice I saw some old dodderer walk over to the corner with the ball - and I could see on his face his was thinking

"now what have I come here for "

More LIES from BILLY LIAR.

It was you wasn''t it!

Sorry to disappoint von handcrankbut I believe you have to be 60 or 65 plusof which I am neitherbut good to see your ''mate'' has turned up with youpresume you are duty liar for the brexiteers defence this eveningso feel to take over from Len and poor Moy, who have not had the best if things

ps don''t forget to use the right login

Hairy Canary wrote the following post at 20/08/2017 9:08 PM:

It was his son.

Unlikely, he suffers from brewers droop and bad breath, I suppose some poor ole gal may have had him but not knowingly.