Sign in to follow this  
Norwich MP

So about this Blur song everyone seems to think is brilliant...

Someone (not me), needs to come up with something else, I can''t cope with this being belted all the time.

It''s not the 90''s, and given it''s pronounced "Farker", not "Fark" it doesn''t even rhyme with his name.

The group lads sat behind me thought it was something to do with the Park in QPR...

[quote user="Norwich MP"]Someone (not me), needs to come up with something else, I can''t cope with this being belted all the time.

It''s not the 90''s, and given it''s pronounced "Farker", not "Fark" it doesn''t even rhyme with his name.

The group lads sat behind me thought it was something to do with the Park in QPR...[/quote]So let me get this straight. You don''t like a song that everyone else really seems to be enjoying, so they have to come up with a replacement for you?

Got to say, it was mildly amusing for the first few times but it wore thin pretty quickly.

As you say, "Fark" isn''t even his name! Also, it might just be me, but it seems like it has slightly xenophobic undertones...?

PS. I''m taking the p*** about xenophobia before anyone starts getting irate

I''m it''ll soon go into the (admittedly smaller than in the old days) list of chants, rather than being sung all the time. I think it''s good - a very small mis-pronouncing here or there is surely allowable in a chant.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m it''ll soon go into the (admittedly smaller than in the old days) list of chants, rather than being sung all the time. I think it''s good - a very small mis-pronouncing here or there is surely allowable in a chant.[/quote]

Agreed - wonder how may people sing scrummage instead of scrimmage.

''It''s not the 90''s''?

Sorry, exactly what the feck does that have to do with anything?

We''ve been singing ''On the ball city'' since 1902;

''Just can''t get enough'' came out in the 80''s;

''Achy breaky heart'' was released in the 90''s;

Does it really matter when the original song came out?

[quote user="STFU"]''It''s not the 90''s''?

Sorry, exactly what the feck does that have to do with anything?

We''ve been singing ''On the ball city'' since 1902;

''Just can''t get enough'' came out in the 80''s;

''Achy breaky heart'' was released in the 90''s;

Does it really matter when the original song came out?[/quote]

I suggest the OP quickly comes up with a replacement chant based on the workings of Justin Bieber, Little Mix or whoever else is taking over the charts of today.

3 games in and you can''t cope with a new song oh dear. Best you put ya fingers in ya lugs my old booty😂 Whatever next a decent atmosphere inside Carrow Road. Get a life,cheer and sing the boys on!!!!!!!

Cue some long rambling diatribe from Norwich MP...

Of course it matters when the song came out, hey, let''s start singing Britpop about pigeons and impotence and from decades ago at our new manager.

Also, were those songs not conceived in the era of the song? although OTBC is OC, so we can''t really include that can we?

I''d initially ruled myself out of finding a replacement, but since you''re so insistent and the bar hasn''t been set particularly high... why not go for (inspiration as provided):

Justin Biebers "Baby" replaced with "Farker" or indeed "What Do You Mean" replaced with "What Do You Fark" (as mispronunciations are allowed)

Infact, you could even have a go at "Secret Love Fark" by Little Mix to erm, mix things up a bit.

We all know how to pronounce DF''s name properly, don''t worry. My ancestry is actually Austrian/German on my dad''s side so I definitely understand the pronunciation and what it should be. Mind you, there are most likely some Norwich fans who actually think it''s ''FARK'' ;-)Anyhow, the point is, it''s quite a fun song to sing and I don''t think it really matters about misapproprating DF''s name slightly to make it work.It does sound a bit like we''re concerned about ''All the Germans'' but I can''t help but think there have been worse songs sung at Carra!

It''s fine - it''s a bit of a laugh, but let''s be honest.

Two words have been changed from the original song; one of them is wrong. It''s not like it''s the lyrical masterpiece some fans are making it out to be.

[quote user="Ian"]It''s fine - it''s a bit of a laugh, but let''s be honest.

Two words have been changed from the original song; one of them is wrong. It''s not like it''s the lyrical masterpiece some fans are making it out to be.[/quote]Which of our football songs are lyrical masterpieces?! We''re not talking top quality song writing here, guys! Not trying to impress anyone or get a record contract. It''s a song, sung at the football, probably conceived between mates while drunk in a pub, which is supposed to be fun and catchy.Honestly... Some people will just complain about ANYTHING! Haha!

I think you misread what I put. I don''t think any football chants/songs have to be lyrical masterpieces, but a lot of fans around me seemed to think this one was.

[quote user="Norwich MP"]Someone (not me), needs to come up with something else, I can''t cope with this being belted all the time.

The group lads sat behind me thought it was something to do with the Park in QPR...[/quote]

Along come Norwich are producing a nice looking t-shirt, I think you''ll hate it.

I seem to recall in fairly recent times that some people felt we didn''t have enough songs and repeated OTBC too much. I thought the atmosphere last night was good and enjoyed the variation

Are you aware of the type of character that would be singing these tunes..???

Do you really believe the Barclay or Snake Pit Ensemble would sing a song to the Bieber Baby tune????

I give up.....

miserable bugger!Best atmosphere in the barclay last night in ages, partly down to the 2 new songs  Fark life  ( oh no I missed the e off)  and the Angus Gunn chant who was clearly enjoying it  being sung

Just seen this suggested song posted on twitter for Harrison Read - love it! (to the tune of Magic - by Pilot - yes I know it''s an old song!)Oh ho ho Reed''s magic! You know! Hard to believe he''s not Scholes!

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Just seen this suggested song posted on twitter for Harrison Read - love it! (to the tune of Magic - by Pilot - yes I know it''s an old song!)Oh ho ho Reed''s magic! You know! Hard to believe he''s not Scholes![/quote]

It''s a ''yes'' from me.

All the Germans, think its great to hear a new song  that''s not a copy of another clubs song !  sounded great, and i expect the OP will post again in  around 18 months time for another moan.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]All the Germans, think its great to hear a new song  that''s not a copy of another clubs song !  sounded great, and i expect the OP will post again in  around 18 months time for another moan.[/quote]

Prf, with you lot on here 18 months of silence a bit ambitious?

Clearly the majority of people think it sounds incredible, so let''s continue with a nice simple song that mispronounces the poor guys name that because after all, it really doesn''t matter what the words are aslong as it sounds great to those who can remember the words.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Norwich MP"]Someone (not me), needs to come up with something else, I can''t cope with this being belted all the time.

The group lads sat behind me thought it was something to do with the Park in QPR...[/quote]

Along come Norwich are producing a nice looking t-shirt, I think you''ll hate it.[/quote]Mine''s in the post [Y]