Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Raggett not ready?

I''m a bit bemused by Farke stating that Raggett isn''t ready to play in the Championship just yet. What makes Franke and Zimmerman more ready? Neither have played in England before, let alone the Championship and both from lower leagues in Germany. Also, we have zero defensive cover, should we get any further injuries, no defenders on bench at Villa.

Not saying Raggett is the answer but worth a try imo.

It''s a case of the club telling him what he needs to do while back at his old club to get up to speed - probably overall fitness levels. I guess he could have done that at Norwich, but if he has been assessed at CR, which he surely will have done, then he will have some targets to reach before January, which he can do while playing competitive games, rather than stuck at Colney.

Farke same as Alex Neil buy players loan them out or don''t play them, I thought football is played on grass 11 players on each side and YOU DEFEND and try and put the round thing that you play with behind a white line with a net behind it Simples but not that simple we are talking about Norwich City or should I say another manager with no championship experience

He looked more than capable last season when Lincoln beat The Scum, Brighton and Burnley and only conceded one goal in those 3 games.

Exactly, making plans. Delivered in high pressure games, capable enough for me.

The lad has had very little football league experience, he did great against those teams in cup games as others have said, which would have shown the heights he can hit. However i think the idea that he''ll get 20 odd games in League 2 rather than sitting on the bench here is probably the right decision overall. Coming in Jan hopefully everything will have settled down alittle and the knee jerk reaction towards the team will have stopped alittle by then.

Also maybe the club have had to push Zimmerman on quicker than they would have liked, a player with a similar level of experience but through the loss of Klose through injury, R.Martins lack of form he''s had to play more than he probably would have expected.

It sounded to me as though having his services for a while longer was a condition of the sale. The not being ready yet sounds like spin. Nobody can really know, though.

[quote user="Hucks6"]Farke same as Alex Neil buy players loan them out or don''t play them, I thought football is played on grass 11 players on each side and YOU DEFEND and try and put the round thing that you play with behind a white line with a net behind it Simples but not that simple we are talking about Norwich City or should I say another manager with no championship experience[/quote]It''s not as if we have done this beforeapart from Thompson at SwindonMaddison with CoventryAbrahams back at Orientand what good is loaning them out ?how did that help Jacob ?or even Josh ?and with the transfer window closed we don''t have any chance if signing another defenderif only the club would listen to some of the folk on here

As Daisy said, was part of the deal and the reason our bid got accepted by Lincoln, keeping him was a big part in helping overcome their reluctance to let him go