Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Carabao Cup

Joke competition, joke sponsors.The draw for the next round will be screened live on Thursday morning at 4.15am FFSWe ain''t gonna win it so lets get out of it tomorrow night & keep our players fresh & fit for the Championship games.

I think you meant ChineseAnyway, this is what Pink ''un says

The draw for the third round of the Carabao Cup will take place in

Beijing on Thursday - but supporters will have to be awake early to see

it.The draw is scheduled to be made at approximately 11:15am

local time but the time difference with China means that is 4:15am UK

time.

"I think you meant Chinese"No I didn''t. Carabao is a Thai product and the time difference between Thailand and Beijing is one hour. In fact the the quote from the EFL states "We understand that not everyone will agree on the timing of this week''s

round three draw, but in staging in this way it will give the

competition both the maximum exposure in the UK, Chinese and South East

Asian markets." Apples

Nor do Ipswich lol Mick has just confirmed that none of his starting 11 from Sat will play Tues night

Amazing! If we''d have played a weakened team and been knocked out there''d have been uproar about that on here. I''m glad we''re in it. Glad we played the first teamers in the last round. Glad we''re at home again. Hope we play first teamers again. Hope we go through and continue to get home draws and continue to play first teamers. What an opportunity that is for people who cant get tickets or are priced out of tickets to watch us.

Looks lets just beat Charlton and not embarrass ourselves. That way we can be drawn as a non-seed to a top team and get put out fair and square. Nobody can complain and we all win. Unless the B Team beat Everton like last year and we can all be proud as punch[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Amazing! If we''d have played a weakened team and been knocked out there''d have been uproar about that on here. I''m glad we''re in it. Glad we played the first teamers in the last round. Glad we''re at home again. Hope we play first teamers again. Hope we go through and continue to get home draws and continue to play first teamers. What an opportunity that is for people who cant get tickets or are priced out of tickets to watch us.[/quote]
I hope we don''t play all first teamers as with Nelson rules out now for Tues & Sat wouldn''t want to risk Jerome who is already struggling, else who will play upfront on Sat with Marley Watkins also ruled out.
Plus we have no cover for cb''s until Klose gets fit, so if we play both of them and one of them gets injured we''re again short at the back?
I want us to win Tues but dont want us to risk players we need for league games

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m glad we''re in it. Glad we played the first teamers in the last round. [/quote]I find it difficult to understand or justify that Hoolahan, who by all accounts is incapable of playing 2 games a week, and Maddison, who apparently is in danger of burn out from too much football to soon, didn''t start at Villa just 11 days after they played 88 minutes and 90 minutes respectively against Swindon in a pretty meaningless cup game.This is simply bad management of available resources.

I hope we win as the draw for the 3rd round will take place in the Large Hadron Collider.Home teams drawn by Higgs, away teams notified by interpretive dance from Boson.

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Amazing! If we''d have played a weakened team and been knocked out there''d have been uproar about that on here. I''m glad we''re in it. Glad we played the first teamers in the last round. Glad we''re at home again. Hope we play first teamers again. Hope we go through and continue to get home draws and continue to play first teamers. What an opportunity that is for people who cant get tickets or are priced out of tickets to watch us.[/quote]
I hope we don''t play all first teamers as with Nelson rules out now for Tues & Sat wouldn''t want to risk Jerome who is already struggling, else who will play upfront on Sat with Marley Watkins also ruled out.
Plus we have no cover for cb''s until Klose gets fit, so if we play both of them and one of them gets injured we''re again short at the back?
[/quote]
We shouldn''t play players who are not fit.
However, to take the cotton wool argument a stage further if we hadn''t played Klose and Pritchard in preseason friendlies they wouldn''t be unavailable now. So we should have just played the fringe players[;)]

[quote user="TCCANARY"]I hope we win as the draw for the 3rd round will take place in the Large Hadron Collider.Home teams drawn by Higgs, away teams notified by interpretive dance from Boson.

[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Diane"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Amazing! If we''d have played a weakened team and been knocked out there''d have been uproar about that on here. I''m glad we''re in it. Glad we played the first teamers in the last round. Glad we''re at home again. Hope we play first teamers again. Hope we go through and continue to get home draws and continue to play first teamers. What an opportunity that is for people who cant get tickets or are priced out of tickets to watch us.[/quote]
[/quote]
We shouldn''t play players who are not fit.
However, to take the cotton wool argument a stage further if we hadn''t played Klose and Pritchard in preseason friendlies they wouldn''t be unavailable now. So we should have just played the fringe players[;)]
[/quote]
Don''t know the answer to pre season Nutty but we can''t afford to lose anymore first teamers tomorrow night, Sat and 3 points is more important isnt it?

A game we could do without in truth.

Give the "Wes can''t play twice in a week" mantra and with Madders supposedly needing a rest I will be annoyed if they start tomorrow night when we need them at Millwall.

One for Trybull, Naismith and Steipermann I think,.

Also why not give Middleton and Cantwell a run out.

The ''unfit'' players would still have to be fit enough to play, be that with injections, or painkillers of some sorts.

There is always a risk of injury in any game, being friendly, cups, u23 or whatever.

Didn''t West Ham have a player stretchered off following their warm up at the weekend?

You play the best team, who are fit enough, albeit possibly carrying injuries/knocks capable of beating the opposition.

"I hope we win as the draw for the 3rd round will take place in the Large Hadron Collider."If there''s one thing worse than selling out to a Southeast Asian energy drinks manufacturer its selling out to experimental physicists.Apples

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Amazing! If we''d have played a weakened team and been knocked out there''d have been uproar about that on here. I''m glad we''re in it. Glad we played the first teamers in the last round. Glad we''re at home again. Hope we play first teamers again. Hope we go through and continue to get home draws and continue to play first teamers. What an opportunity that is for people who cant get tickets or are priced out of tickets to watch us.[/quote]My thoughts exactly, I also hope we do the same in the FA cup

Strongest line-up available should be played, yes, with the consideration of injuries. If Oliveira isn''t fit enough to start, leave him out, same goes for Wes/Maddison etc. But if they''re fit enough, they should absolutely be in there. Every game matters at this early stage, we need consistency to gel. A good win could be enough to help that, boost some confidence etc.